It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO reports from Nuclear/Atomic Sites.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Newspaper article dealing with UFO incident over the Savannah river Atomic plant:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5b3eec4dc373.jpg[/atsimg]

On November 6th, 1957, The Washington Daily News ran several interesting detailed stories about close encounters, including one with beings from a landed vehicle.

There is (or was) a newspaper called "The Washington Daily News." Several newspapers around the United States bear this same name. However, it seems likely that the following photocopy which documents UFO encounters was taken from a newspaper in the Aiken, South Carolina area. This location is referenced by the main story with the headline.

The Atomic Energy Commission referenced here was renamed the Nuclear Regulatory Commission some years ago, which still exists today. It regulates all radioactive materials and nuclear reactors.

Over the past 50 years, close encounter stories like these no longer appear in city newspapers. Perhaps newspapers today are prohibited from running these kinds of stories.

Link

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

UFOs and Nukes.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c569f4406f8c.jpg[/atsimg]

Robert Hastings says for the last 30 years the Freedom of Information Act has helped declassify thousands of documents about UFOs. He says a number of them deal with UFO activity at nuclear weapons sights.

Over the last 35 years, Hastings has interviewed former and retired Air Force personnel and he says they've gone on the record saying that saucer shaped objects have appeared above missiles just before they malfunctioned.

During his hour presentation this evening, Hastings' goal was to let the public know what he's found from declassified information. Hastings says he has a message for non-believers.

"There is a distinct and fundamental difference between having an opinion and having an informed opinion. I've done the research for 30 years and they haven't. If they wish to indulge themselves with their uninformed opinion there is nothing I can do about that," said Hastings.

Robert Hastings has a message for UFO non-believers.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Newspaper articles dealing with 'mystery helicopter' incursions over U.S. Nuclear sites:

Articles

Copy 1

Copy 2

In a well-documented series of incidents in early November 1975, nocturnal lights and unidentified “mystery helicopters” visited a wide spectrum of American military bases and missile sites across the northern tier of this country. Between October 27 and November 10, reports of UFOs over nuclear weapons storage sites were repeatedly made at Loring AFB in northern Maine, Wurtsmith AFB in Michigan, Grand Forks and Minot Air Force Bases in North Dakota, and Malmstrom AFB in Montana. F-106 interceptors were scrambled out of Malmstrom AFB near Great Falls, Montana in response to multiple reports of UFO visits to nearby missile sites near Moore, Harlowton, Lewistown, and several missile sites around Malmstrom AFB.

Link

Threads:

The Minot AFB B-52 UFO Incident.

The SAC Base UFO Flyovers - Oct/Nov, 1975.

Beyond Clear Intent ~ Lawrence Fawcett Interview.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Reports from the Soviet Union and Kazakhstan - Robert Hastings:

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

UFO's were habitually reported from areas around "technically interesting" places.....

The only problem here is, I can use that statement for hundreds of UFO reports to show they "habitually" hang around pretty much anywhere I want them to. There have been thousands of UFO reports, and only a very small percentage are actually around nuclear sites. But because in our minds we deem that these sightings must mean something more than, say, a ufo around a mobile home in mobile home park in Kansas, we tend to assign human thought to something that could be very alien and assign importance to something that may or may not be significant. But it makes us think we are connecting the dots, and allows us to think we have a better handle on things. The opposite is true, unfortunately.

I would say, if your going to go by this line of reason, that UFOS/ALIENS are FAR more interested in hundreds of more civilian and mundane things. However, that is not exciting, and doesn't get your brain working....so they must be after our nukes, lol.

I'm trying to think why they would buzz atomic installations in the first place. Surely if they can travel the vast distances involved in space travel, they can gather information in a way that wouldn't lead to such reports? I mean, what info and what sensors are they using to check out these nuclear sites that they can't use form orbit? Take our own technology for example. We can see and detect things from orbit around our own planet that will astound you (and I'm not talking Google earth here, lol). given more advanced technology I can't see what they would need to dip down into the "lion's den" to get the info they need. And why do they need the info in the first place? One of probably billions of habitable planets, probably millions of them have sentient life...surely if they are explorers they have seen everything that is happening on this planet hundreds of times by now? Do you dig up and examine every ant hill you see?

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

ITF, thanks for the reply -instead of dealing in vague speculation and presumptive guesswork why not to attempt to address specific incidents?

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts about this case -do you agree with the USAF evaluation of the witnesses just seeing stars?

There are also these interesting documents which are well worth a look if you've got a genuine interest in the subject.

Cheers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join