It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The SR-75 and other new airplanes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   
A friend of mine works at Locheed Martian in Manassas, Virginia. He designs spy satilltes. I asked him one day about two jets that Locheed might be working on. One is called The SR-75, it is a remake of the SR-71, which is faster and more Stealthier. And I asked him about The XR-7 Thunder Dart, which is a hyper-sonic airplane and space craft that goes outside the earths atmospher and shoots down enemy satillites without being seen. He told me he had heard of them from a friend who designs airplanes there about 10 years ago. And that they most likely exist. He just didn't know if they had built them or not. But he does agree that the plans are there.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Very interesting - you should post this in the aircraft projects sections. Wonder if intelgurl will have anything to say on this?

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 12:05 AM
link   
THEY MADE A REMAKE OF THE SR-71 BLCKBIRD???? DANG MAN THATS GOTTA BE FAST THE SR-71 IS THE FASTEST SO FAR RIGHT?????......

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 12:23 AM
link   
The SR-75 is the designation for the Aurora Aircraft. There is plentiful information on this board... mainly:

Aurora Research

Aurora XST and NASP

This topic has been dug up many many times before... and is pretty much considered old news.

[Edited on 19-5-2004 by Shugo]

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I think it would be absolutely hillarious if they actually designated the next plane SR-75. SR was a mistake that just happened to stick (probably because somebody important made it). It was originally RS (Recon/Strike) 71.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
I think it would be absolutely hillarious if they actually designated the next plane SR-75. SR was a mistake that just happened to stick (probably because somebody important made it). It was originally RS (Recon/Strike) 71.

It makes more sence to have Strike Recon over Recon Strike. I don't think it'd be stupid at all for them to designate the Aurora, the SR-75. I thought the original plan for the SR-71 was the CLR-400 Suntan plan though. Oh well... sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're not.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 01:38 AM
link   
note:
The Testor Corporation does claim that the SR-75 Penetrator also known as (Aurora) and the XR-7 Thunder Dart reconnaissance aircraft are now flying missions from remote bases around the world, but the Air Force denies this.

Remember when it released its model of a stealth fighter (called the F-19) in 1985, a few years before the F-117A stealth fighter was unveiled. The model had no resemblance to the actual F-117A

Revell B-2 Advanced Technology Bomber
release just one year before the actual B-2 "Spirit" was unveiled to the public..

I often Wonder how the model makers will do the invisible aircrafts? no need for paint lol.
[Edited on 19-5-2004 by XPhiles]

[Edited on 19-5-2004 by XPhiles]

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 01:42 AM
link   
The F-19 designation was never used... due to confusion with MiG-19's. This designation never went to any plane and the F-20 aquired it's model... incidentaly the F-117 was supposed to be the F-19.

The XR-7 Thunderdart is technically a fighter version of the Aurora. The image you showed me is most likely a XB-71 Buzzard which people claim to see.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shugo
The image you showed me is most likely a XB-71 Buzzard which people claim to see.

Or maybe the Super Valkyrie?

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 02:24 AM
link   
According to what I'm looking at the XB-71 is both the Buzzard and the Super Valkyrie. So, I don't know what's the story with that. If anything... I doubt they'll go with the Super Valkyrie. That'd be true if the XB-70 didn't crash... the only one left is not active as far as I know.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   
hey i found some pictures of XR-7 Thunder Dart
here are the websites
tell me wat u think

www.desertsecrets.com...

www.desertsecrets.com/ airplanes.html

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 08:01 AM
link   
just have a peep here :

www.scaled.com...

testinggrounds for bigger stuff ?

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Remember when it released its model of a stealth fighter (called the F-19) in 1985, a few years before the F-117A stealth fighter was unveiled

Is it just me or does the F-19 resemble the x-men's plane which debuted in the 60's if I'm not mistaken. (forget the name)

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 06:03 AM
link   
The SR-75 is currently one of the aircraft that we are researching as part of the Aurora Project. If you have any good details on the plane, can you U2U them to me. It would be most helpful.

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Uhhhh.....

Back in 1979 I heard about a SR -77 which was a different version of the SR-71.

It had ablative shielding for heat protection and it was supposed to be white.

It used the same stuff as the X-15 that was white from ablative heat shielding.

I thought that Aurora was called the TR-3A ?

Or How about those black Trangular Jet Powered blimps that were spotted as UFO's in Luxembourg back in the 80's!

One of them deflated and crashed and everyone thought it could warp space!

It was even on Unsolved Mysteries on NBC.

Back in 1987 I saw a flying wing in South Carolina and I assumed it was a USAF vehicle.

It probably was!

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
even if the information was true and im not saying it is or isnt, that information would be highly classified and a leek inside of lockheed would be silenced, and im not playing around!!

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Or How about those black Trangular Jet Powered blimps that were spotted as UFO's in Luxembourg back in the 80's!

Anyone care to comment on the existence of the TR3B?

A real thing, simply a fabrication?

new topics

top topics

join