It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Ragnarok

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Nirgal

1. Its designed for about 9 people to live lavishly there is more than enough sleep area though for 15 or so even comfortably. Were all agreed as to 'survival' and we are all friends/family and know eachother and nice so it is not like some group as in the movies, with tensions.

2. Good question, the lake is fair distance, if driving it is very easy if walking it will take a bit plus carrying back. But if it is just not rainy we can drive, if it is snowy to drive there we can just melt & boil snow! So we are pretty covered.

3. I dont understand your question can you rephrase?

4. Yes it is nothing I can walk to from my house but driving it is a few hours away, close enough to run away but far enough to be safer.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ridhya

3. I dont understand your question can you rephrase?

iii) More worst case; what sort of redundancies have been factored for vis. the fridges and freezers, generators, fuel supplies, wind, solar etc.?

You have fridges and freezers for food storage and assumedly generators powering the aforementioned items.

What back-ups do you have in place for if the genny packs up, you run out of diesel/petrol, the fridges just pack up?

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Ah I see good question!

Well for one we are planning solar panels on the roof of the water-shed and perhaps elsewhere, where visible. I suggested a small windmill type thing too because it would be simple.

And as for BACKUP-backup I want to dig a cooler, you can make one very easy, dig a square hole in the ground I would say 2 feet deep, put a bok in there, wood works pretty good but there are better materials. Make sure the lid close tight and hinged is just for convenience. COver with moss because it insulates best! Just under the ground it is far cooler than on surface so it preserves, and in the winter even more so (if the gorund freezes).

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Sorry to pop your bubble, but you'd be like sitting ducks for those who will become armed nomadic pack canibals in the event of situation X !!! IMO
your camp is out of sinc with the natural surroundings & I hope that not eveyone that can goes out to deface twice as much surface area as you have done...this is the kind of thinking that created a mess in the first place

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Really? Would sitting in my house on a busy street be better?
I do not understand some peoples thinking...
I dont know who is going to stumble on our site because the only people even close have their own and it is like a half hour drive from the nearest anything... no 'pack' from a city is going to come there and if a few people do I am not afraid to defend myself and have done so in the past.

I... dont know how you can create a site without not-being-in-sync with nature!!

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I think you have a really nice set up for when the SHTF however concealment and security seem to be lacking maybe you should buy some army camo nets or put a electric fence up or some other kind of security.

That's just my two cents other then that great site.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by djusdjus
1. it's above ground and therefore not safe.

2. It's really grubby and could use a good clean up

3. Ill bet your kids hate you for being paranoid and making them live in the woods like they are in the 19th century.

4. lol

5. if armageddon does happen, I can't think of a single reason why I would want to live through it.

I disagree on all of those points jusdud.

1. It's above ground in canada. Canada is huge and has a lot less people ('wildlife') stomping about.

2. Looks perfectly natural and healthy to me.

3. Isn't it this the sort of thing that the youngsters are missing out on, being cooped up in a tiny box-house for all their lives isn't what I call normal.

4. ??

5. If armageddon comes a callin' I'd be glad to live at a place like that!

[edit on 19-10-2009 by WatchRider]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by 2Resistance

Yeah I want to get some aerial camo tarps to put over the cars and probably the trailers... electric fence would require a lot of power and will probably not fair well in snow/rain..? A regular fence might be an idea but it is well enclosed as it is, awful lot of forest surrounding and there is a wooden fence in places.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I like what you have done here. However, I do think its a bit cluttered.
Lots of open air areas. which is nice, but in the wintertime, could be extremely cold.
I frequent Canada every year, and I know a boreal forest when I see one. Plenty of game to hunt, and fish to catch. ontario?
Other then the clutter, you have yourself a very nice setup.
Well done!
Well done indeed

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join