It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Ragnarok

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Thats remarkable.

Ive still yet to get my gun license and rifle. Both of which I plan to do this summer though. But that is an awesome set up you have their. Is it on some property one of your friends own or just out in the middle of no where ?

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Just out of curiosity, what province and area are you in?

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
nice camp man
im not old enough to buy and build on my own land
but im saving up money and slowly making plans and places to run to if things were to happen

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
nice camp man
im not old enough to buy and build on my own land
but im saving up money and slowly making plans and places to run to if things were to happen

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Ridhya

I'm glad to see we have the same taste in veggies. I hate tomatoes, but it's the texture, not the taste. (as much, anyways)

I guess there will be no mooching from you.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Don't forget, you can eat grape-leaves, raw or cooked. It's used all over the Mediterranean and Middle-East.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Looks like someplace you would know every inch and every person for 20+ miles around. Like my camp we have it set up for recreation and hunting. If SHTF easy to secure and convert to a bug out location. Have you made any food plots that could be used to grow foods for the winter months?

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Neat post. I am surprised that some have made such negative comments. Even if the OP's stuff is not to your liking, we all can applaud the spirit of self-sufficiency and individuality that went into it. How big and powerful could our world's governments really be if everyone were this self-sustaining?

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helios813
Just out of curiosity, what province and area are you in?

If I had to guess I would put him on Vancouver Island in British Columbia.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Ridhya

I love your Herb garden

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Starred and Flagged.

Excellent post and information.

Thanks

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Ridhya

Tidy up that compound young man. This instant!
Nice work, but it does look a little like a rural meth lab scene from COPS.

All jokes aside, having a spotless retreat gives the local authorities less excuse to check in on you for' health/enviromental" violations or mark you as a crazy militia/survivalist "domestic terrorist threat".
After the "earth changes", low visibility bases are best for obvious reasons.

PS - Nice flowers in your primary residence.

[edit on 8-10-2009 by virricocha]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Ridhya

Sweet. I use local logs for a retaining wall in my garden beds and we are doing the same thing with catching the water screens and all. The plants like it 500% better than tap/hose water. I wanna get the gear to distill it so we can drink it. HAHA and if we have a still we can make booze hah.....er anyway VERY beautiful flower area, I like tha hanging basket to tie things together.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
You know, all that stuff can make you survive an apocalypse or a trip outside the city, but where I live it wouldn't last two seconds against poor people.

I'm glad you seem to be in such high spirits about it; congratulations! But I'd have saved the money for something better. Like, surviving the economic depression?

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Just wondering, but theoretically how would you be able to use any of the electronics, because there wouldn't be a guarantee that the electricity would work.

If you have a generator, or some other way of providing the electricity should the grid go off, then no problem.

That's all the negativity I got- Great job on everything else. Makes my survival bag in the closet look extremely primitive

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Pretty cool little shack you got there.

Myself? I'm trying to acquire Umbrellas plans to make myself something like their nifty underground base like in Resident Evil Extinction.

Well, we can dream right?

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by reluctantpawn

Haha with the trees around not far
but we move everything inside when its bad. Get into the tool shed with shovels! The doors close but they are not in picture. So for the main shed snow does not get in.

reply to post by Soldier of God

Lol, ja.

reply to post by Oscitate

Thank you! What do we disagree on? If you talk to me you will find we have a lot in common!

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by djusdjus

1. Its not meant to survive Wrath of God, but when the government mercenaries come down your main street it is a greater place to be. Off the radar so to speak.
2. Thanks I hadnt noticed

3. I do not have kids but if I did I am sure they would hate me. Also I do not live there did you read the thread... my house in in post 2. Also whats wrong with the 19th century?
4. lol indeed ^_^
5. REVENGE haha

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicHug

I hope you have enough room! If you plan to build more for your family, I will suggest many small buildings, than one big one. When one is gone you have somewhere else to go and it takes far less time to do. Have dedicated like this is for sleeping, this for living room, and simplicity is best, except for sleeping quarter, it has to be warm and secure.

reply to post by ImplausibleDeniability

Hehe your lucky day then
but when it comes to Apocalypse the Xbox will be replaced with Wii and PS3!

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by fleetlord

You might just end up in his soup pot so better prepare your own site.

The more preppers out there the better for everyone else when SHTF.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join