It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Sarin Nerve Gas Shell Explodes on Iraqi Roadway

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
No big surprise. The lack of security at the borders could allow just about anything to come in from other nations. If Saddam had WMD's they would have been found by now. George Bush would not have put his Admin through this if he had found them earlier.

Everybody says it would be easy for Saddam to hide these things prior to the war. But hasn't the U.S. been watching him like a hawk for 10years(Planes in No-Fly zones, predator drones, sattelite, ferret sats, listening posts, etc, etc.) Isn't it safe to say that with that kind of coverage of Iraq that the U.S. should have twigged if he were moving WMD's?

Good victory for Bush entering the always heated summer campaign trail.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   
The container that exploded that contained the sarin nerve gas was from 1994. It was also traced back to comming from the United States from what I have been able to find out today so far. When more comes across my desk more will be posted at ats.

Falcon

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Everybody says it would be easy for Saddam to hide these things prior to the war. But hasn't the U.S. been watching him like a hawk for 10years(Planes in No-Fly zones, predator drones, sattelite, ferret sats, listening posts, etc, etc.) Isn't it safe to say that with that kind of coverage of Iraq that the U.S. should have twigged if he were moving WMD's?

There is an answer to this question,

Chemical Weapons / Syria

And this ATS posting

ATS / Syria

Both links cover the movement of Iraqs WMD to Syria, in the last pages of the ATS post you will find info on the North Korea - Syrian tie-in.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by falcon
It was also traced back to comming from the United States from what I have been able to find out today so far. When more comes across my desk more will be posted at ats.

Falcon

Falcon do you have any links to provide on whats found so far?

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Let's me remind you Iraq did not invited US to liberate them.

WTF kind of pretzel logic is that? You asked a question, I answered it. I gave it the best answer possible, since it will be their responsiblity in the long run. It doesn't make sense to vector off into the line of questioning you went into.

Please, marg. I'd like to discuss with you but this is impossible!

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Bloomberg.com reports:
"A small shell containing sarin nerve gas was discovered and partly detonated in Baghdad..."

It was a 155-millimeter artillery round. That makes me wonder what they would consider a "big" shell.

Have any more details on the construction of the IED come to light? I am trying to decide for myself if it was mistaken for a high explosive shell to create a larger explosion, if the bombmakers didn't have a grasp of how sarin is effectively dispersed, or if the agent had degraded and was less effective. Of course, this all hinges on whether the device detonated prematurely or if it was disrupted in place using explosives in an attempt to render it safe (assuming that the bomb tech didn't recognize the chemical shell). So many questions, so few answers...

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by falcon
......contained the sarin nerve gas was from 1994. It was also traced back to comming from the United States......

What's the source for this and, if true, what were the circumstances that got it to Iraq?

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Is this the stuff Rumsfeld gave Saddam? Remember when Saddam gassed the Kurds, and we were cool with that?

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1
How convenient.

LMAO!!

You read my mind JB.

I always find it funny when stuff like this happens everyone takes as evidence that Iraq had Weapons that could wipe us of the face of the earth.

Unless you find a crate hidden under the Iraqi dessert sand full of Nuclear Weapons that dont say "Made in the USA" on them dont feed me this bull#.

Thank You.
Rant over.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot

I always find it funny when stuff like this happens everyone takes as evidence that Iraq had Weapons that could wipe us of the face of the earth.

Unless you find a crate hidden under the Iraqi dessert sand full of Nuclear Weapons that dont say "Made in the USA" on them dont feed me this bull#.

Thank You.
Rant over.

yup ....! your right ocelot.....truly the only WMD there really is a nuclear weapon other than that there are no WMD's .......its just a fear trigger used after 9/11 to gain emotional response the programmed public.

[Edited on 17-5-2004 by watcheroftheskies]

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Curme,
1994 would put it under the Clinton administration so Rumsfeld wouldn't have been involved. I just wonder what else may have gone on during those eight years.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by watcheroftheskies
yup ....! your right ocelot.....truly the only WMD there really is a nuclear weapon other than that there are no WMD's .......its just a fear trigger used after 9/11 to gain emotional response the programmed public.

Im hoping you were being sarcastic.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by phoenix

I march to my own tune, but in this instance it is the democrats (via alphabet media) that will put the spin on this story because it nullifies one of their standing campaign issues, it was worth bringing up this point so others may compare what they have seen here with what they see on the news tonight.

youve been a conservative since the 70's...?? Well then the programming and conditioning is certainly deeply ingrained and nothing less than full disclosure will challenge that mind set......if you dont think the global elite control the dems and pubs and work thru them both to acheive there ends then your being wagged.
Those words you hear the dems mouth are there to raise your ire and cause a pavlovian response so you can continue to be distracted from seeing who is really running the show......."The world order our secret rulers" is the title of a good book ....any good standing conservative should read......the author is Eustace Mullins.....i could name endless other fact finding reading for you but im afraid you will not bother with it since it seems your far to concentrated on the democrats being the downfall of the republic......it has already fallen .....most just dont know it .......Have you ever read Sun Tzu...?
DIVIDE AND CONQUER IS THE MOTTO OF THE GLOBAL ELITE

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot

Im hoping you were being sarcastic.

YOU LOST ME OCELOT.??????

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
It does seem rather opportune that the Nick Berg video and this nerve gas shell appeared just in time to give people other things to think about. People were beginning to wonder if this war was worth it and, as if by magic, first the video now the 'WMD'.

I'm not saying that it was a 'set-up', because more evidence needs to be found to say if it was or not, just that the timing is rather opportune.

Also, If this weapon was from the early 1990's, would the sarin still be viable? Its been over a decade. Surely it would have degraded by now.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   
LOL- everything in Iraq is always so bad that it would have always been easy to say that the timing for something like this was "opportune". BTW- I was just about to post this...

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
It does seem rather opportune that the Nick Berg video and this nerve gas shell appeared just in time to give people other things to think about. People were beginning to wonder if this war was worth it and, as if by magic, first the video now the 'WMD'.

Don't worry. Things are so volatile over there that by this time next week something else good will happen (interpreted as propaganda) or something bad will happen (interpreted as conspiracy). The only constant will be those who are calling the events conspiracy or propaganda: the liberal anti-war-Bush-Blair crowd.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   

TextPlease, marg. I'd like to discuss with you but this is impossible!

No harm done

This is what US has given to Iraq.
1. Chaos, destruccion, inestability, no goverment, not rules, a religious war, and thousand of death iraquis citizen. What a libaration is this?

[Edited on 17-5-2004 by marg6043]

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Don't worry. Things are so volatile over there that by this time next week something else good will happen (interpreted as propaganda) or something bad will happen (interpreted as conspiracy). The only constant will be those who are calling the events conspiracy or propaganda: the liberal anti-war-Bush-Blair crowd.

im sorry but that is just a load of propaganda in and of itself.....im completely apolitical and im against the war no matter if the dalai lama were running it ....once again were seeing classical programming folks.....you think the old republicans are on your side......there not ....theyd sell you down the river and put you in a grave in second if it were politically expedient for them to do so....they wouldnt care if you ate rush limbaugh for dinner and crapped sean hannity for dinner....theyd use you for cannon fodder in a second....it is not theese political factions who are making decisions it is the global bankers who are writing u.s. and world policy.....

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   

im sorry but that is just a load of propaganda in and of itself.....im completely apolitical and im against the war no matter if the dalai lama were running it ....once again were seeing classical programming folks.....
....it is not theese political factions who are making decisions it is the global bankers who are writing u.s. and world policy.....

This is really tiresome. Global bankers, eh? So how do we fight them? Withdraw our savings and hide it under the mattress? Or maybe write a letter to the editor? No, better yet, let's go back to a strictly barter system!

Believe me, the motives for conflict have not changed since a group of people called themselves a tribe or a nation. You got, we want. You no give, we fight.

The players change, the game remains the same.

The only classical programming going on in my house is WCRB 102.5, Classical Music All Day Long.

Want to bet $5 on who is right? Wait till the next news event out of Iraq...it will be called either propaganda or conspiracy, by the guilty I identified earlier. Nobody will be talking about global bankers. And when the Dems get their chance to screw things up, guess who will be calling it propaganda or conspiracy? That was my point...not support for republicans. Please, PLEASE, stop erecting straw men.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join