It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Cloud Russia -Oct -6-09

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by killuminati2012

Originally posted by talisman
I wonder if by chance any of this has anything to do with this?

This was just in August 2009 and there are even more recent events happening.

There are some really strange things going on in the sky over Moscow and if you check out that guys channel you will see why very quickly.

This one is not natural in my mind.

[edit on 8-10-2009 by talisman]

Screw the cloud, I want to know why no one is discussing this video. I fear for America's security because it appears the Russians are light years ahead of us in technology. Supposedly they have a thing called a "tripod" that allows them to record steady videos. Freakin' crazy

Nobody wants to discuss that video, maybe because it shows just a morning rising bright star or best option is planet Venus, look on Stellarium on that date and location!!

The camera is at maximum optical zoom, plus some digital zoom also. From time to time, there are some changings in settings camera is using (aperture, gain, focus, zoom.

What you see as movement at ~45 degree up to the right, is the Venus rising, due in fact to Earth daily rotation.

What you see as shape changing is because camera's aperture, and some lens abberations.

What you see as color changing could be some atmospheric scintillation, but mostly the fact that the bright image of the planet, focused by the lens in one little point, a spot, which is going slowly across the senzor area as Venus is rising and camera is fixed. But the senzor is made from a grid of red (R) and green (G) and blue (B) senzitive pixels. And because the image of Venus is almost a point, it stimulates more or less (not even) those adiacent R G B pixels where the spot is in that moment, giving as a result not pure even white light, but instead giving a dominant color, which changes together with the spot slowly moving on the grid of R G B pixels.
Actually i don't think i'm pretty clear on my explanation, especially when people don't know much technical data, but take it or leave it, your option.

Now that was off-topic, because people here discuss about clouds with punch holes, and how strange they appear.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by redwoodjedi

Thanks for the link, I will research it, although I am not well versed in interpritating (sic) raw data, so, I guess will will end up having to trust other peoples' conclusions. Unless I want to get a degree in meteorology. Not a bad career choice. I have thought more about it, and I can see where it could be possible. I will save it for the link

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jacksmoke
reply to post by redwoodjedi

Thanks for the link, I will research it, although I am not well versed in interpritating (sic) raw data, so, I guess will will end up having to trust other peoples' conclusions. Unless I want to get a degree in meteorology. Not a bad career choice. I have thought more about it, and I can see where it could be possible. I will save it for the link

Hey! Thanks a million. I just posted some more beautiful examples of Hole Punch Cloud formations. Don't worry about interpreting. OZ will probably handle all that. I think there is another Meteorologist/Weather type on this site as well. This will be a great resource and data base reference.

Cheers,

Erik

P.S. Don't forget to dig and flag the sucker so that others can use it beyond ATS as well. Thanks!

[edit on 22/OctpmThu, 15 Oct 2009 19:05:41 -0500/08 by redwoodjedi]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
has there been any other reported sightings like this past or present?

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by dasherhog
has there been any other reported sightings like this past or present?

Bumping this thread regarding a new sighting - this time filmed in Romania!

It's pretty cool - I don't know what to make of it, but it's impressive for sure!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join