It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theory: Could the web-bot "global coastal event" be caused by NASA bombing the moon?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

Your right, I re-read what I had written and I have come across as confrontational I apologize for that.

I have thought this scenario through, the supposed "hollow moon" theory had me thinking that we definitely do not know enough about the moon structurally to be launching this mission. Perhaps the projectile hits a hollow cavity? I don't know, but I think the chances of a cataclysmic accident are slim.

I can tell you what I do think will be happening, and that is a very intense scrutiny on the mission by E.T's.
It seems they have an intense interest in what we are doing in space, with alleged encounters on trips to the moon and in earths orbit by astronauts..

I wonder what they will be thinking about LCROSS

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
This is so obvious!

They need to stabilize the moon-station with som thrust, but the problem is its on the side where maybe some people can see it. So instead of taking the risk of this being spotted, they say - we are going to nuke the moon to see if we can find some water! Come and watch!

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Echelon117

Ech,

Thank you so much for your apology - it means a lot.

Second line - um, thank you again.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

Thats alright I didn't realize I was typing like a jerk.

Are you a believer in E.T's or..?

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   
We can all watch it happen live on NASA tv if anyone is up at 4:30am EST in the states. Pop some popcorn crack open a beer and watch the equivalent of shooting a airsoft gun BB into a large sandbox.

www.nasa.gov...

The moon gets hit all the time by space bombs.

www.nasa.gov...

Every day, more than a metric ton of meteoroids hits the Moon
Up on the Moon, the sky is falling. Lunar surface with impact craters. "Every day, more than a metric ton of meteoroids hits the Moon," says Bill Cooke of the Marshall Space Flight Center's Meteoroid Environment Office. They literally fall out of the sky, in all shapes and sizes, from specks of comet dust to full-blown asteroids, traveling up to a hundred thousand mph.

This is what a 10 inch wide rock looks like when hitting the moon traveling at 85,000 mph.

science.nasa.gov...

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
What I wonder is why is the money spent on this when people in the world are starving or dying of cancer??? When earthquakes and tsunamis and typhoons are killing people and making people homeless?? So many people on EARTH are sick or injured and uneducated, and yet we have to look for a little water on the freaking MOON? When India already confirmed there is water. How arrogant and greedy!

[edit on 8-10-2009 by rubyeyes]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Don't worry, seriously no alarms. The projectile will cause at most a 6km dust plume. Unlike meteors that travel in excess of 100,000 mph and weigh up to millions of pounds, this projectile is 4000 pounds and will be traveling at 5450 mph.

Hardly something to fret about.

As for blowing up bases, also not likely. This entire operation, including the aesthetics of the missile, are geared towards precision. This mission is evidently created to test for water in permanently shadowed craters which may yield reason to BUILD future bases in craters, yes.

Besides, there are plenty of "bases" to blow up on the moon. I doubt they'd just focus on one.

If you want to worry about a coastal event, take a look at earthquake activity in California's San Andreas. 100's of tiny shakes in the last week and half. The pacific plate is screaming.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Or a combination of that and the fact that the L.H.C. IS READY IN LESS THEN 2 WEEKS.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
Or a combination of that and the fact that the L.H.C. IS READY IN LESS THEN 2 WEEKS.

Forgive my ignorance, but what is the LHC?

edit: oops, never mind...just figured it out!

[edit on 8-10-2009 by nikiano]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by nikiano

Forgive my ignorance, but what is the LHC?

LARGE HYDRON COLLIDER L.H.C BY CERN 17 MILE OVAL COLLIDES GOLD PROTON BUNDLE PARTICALS
PARTICAL EXCELERATOR
BLACK HOLE MAKER
ANTIMATTER DISTRIBUTER
DIMENSIONAL DOOR TO OTHER DIMENSIONS ?????
HOPE I HAVE HELPED YOU FRIEND IN YOUR SEEKING OF KNOWLEDGE

[edit on 10/8/09 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

LARGE HYDRON COLLIDER L.H.C BY CERN 17 MILE OVAL COLLIDES GOLD PROTON BUNDLE PARTICALS
PARTICAL EXCELERATOR
BLACK HOLE MAKER
ANTIMATTER DISTRIBUTER

Wow.....opens up a whole new realm of possibilities, doesn't it?

It's supposed to go online in 2 weeks? Hmmmm....interesting. That's about when the October 25th doomsday date is.

I wonder if it's possible to swallow ourselves up with a black hole we created ourselves?

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by nikiano

PARTICAL EXCELERATOR
BLACK HOLE MAKER
ANTIMATTER DISTRIBUTER

Wow.....opens up a whole new realm of possibilities, doesn't it?

It's supposed to go online in 2 weeks? Hmmmm....interesting. That's about when the October 25th doomsday date is.

I wonder if it's possible to swallow ourselves up with a black hole we created ourselves?

WHO KNOWS FRIEND HAVE A NICE WEEKEND ATS

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
The 2004 9.1 indonesian quake gave plenty changes to the earth, including its gravitation. Link below.

www.nytimes.com...

Now a 2 ton Kinetic bomb that will create a 5 mile long crater on the moon can possible do some damage. The moon is much smaller than earth. Maybe it will slightly effect the moon causing changes on the earth such as the Global Coastal Event. I do understand that the moon gets bombarded often by natural meteors and what not. But this figure that will be pentrating the moon is man made, and might do something that was not calculated by these scientist. After all, they are HUMAN. And plenty of simple mistakes have been made in the past by NASA.

nasa stands for Never A Straight Answer
We'll find out tomorrow.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

It thought that they had already open fired the L.H.C? Awesome then.

Hey, has anyone played the game Half-Life? Perhaps the L.H.C will cause a Resonance Cascade and rip a hole from our world to the dimension Xen! I think everyone should make a worthy investment of a crowbar, when there is headcrabs running around nothing beats the devastation of the trusty crowbar

[edit on 8-10-2009 by Echelon117]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Anybody happen to notice this on the NASA site?

But what about next time? Following the Vision for Space Exploration, NASA is sending astronauts back to the Moon to stay longer and build bigger bases (read: bigger targets) than Apollo astronauts ever did. The odds of something precious being hit will go up. Should NASA be worried?

So, are they saying that their's already a base up there? Build bases bigger then Apollo? I mean, I just find the wording odd, probably just my take on it.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
This is an interesting thread and Yes, this could have very real repercussions if certain things happened during and after the 2 ton bomb strike. Lets say they dont only hit ice but also a large nitrogen pocket. Could a gas cause an exponential chain reaction on the lunar surface? Cold rushes to heat right? So what happens of gas and dust come into contact with the existing hot coronal gas coming from the sun passing by? Anyone think NASA has a larger idea in mind? Ever see Total Recall starring the Governor of California? It would be cool having our own Moon of Endor just around the cosmic corner huh? Maybe in its new atmospheric stage it could bring a danger to Earth before it stabilizes. Lets say the gas from the moon is continuing to rush away from the moon as it does not rotate on its axis, a requirement to sustain gas by gravity. Remember? We never see the dark side of the moon. So as the gas escapes no gravitational doppler effect takes place and this dry ice gas is coming into contact with extremely hot solar gas, which should be dangerously hot due to the beginning of this sun spot cycle (2010). The gas itself has not enough weight to make the lunar surface spin on its axis so it continues to expand over the years making an immense reflective solar storm which reflects the suns rays back towards the Earth and draws this gas ever closer to our atmosphere creating much more than needed IR radiation. The cold air above us in the Mesosphere becomes compressed and lowers to the surface of the planet flooding everything 21 miles inland causing the Earths rotation to slow down and then speed up a thousand years later once again damaging the life spans on Earth. As enough gas is expelled from the moon, eventually, years later the moon begins to turn on its axis. Buts that years later after we have drowned in the cold IR gas plunging us into dark ages, once again, looking for fire wood without electricity.

Pretty creepy huh? It probably will not happen though because you can bet they have studied helioseismology upon the moon for years before they decided to do this. There is no gas ha, what a joke.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
to much going on this month. im suppose to go to court but im stuck not knowing what to do.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
The bombing of the moon is a weapons system test. Have you ever heard of "Rods from God" well its a bomb without being a bomb that packs the same punch as a nuke, without the radioactive fallout. Basically its a large metallic rod that falls to earth (or the moon in this case) from space and using kinetic energy becomes like smart asteroid that could wipe out an entire city. Think about it... they expect this 2 ton metal hunk to cause a 5 mile wide crater on the moon, and the moon has only a fraction of the gravitational pull of the earth.

With this weapon the usa can destroy any city on earth without leaving any traces of evidence of who is responsible for the attack.

Heres a link about the "rods from god" weapons system project.

The New York Times...
www.nytimes.com...

The Weekly Standard...
www.weeklystandard.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Where2Hide2006

The claims of 5 mile crater are absurd.

They expect a crater 20 meters in diameter and a few meters deep.

The Centaur's collision is expected to create a crater roughly 60 or 70 feet wide (20 meters wide) and perhaps as much as 16 feet (5 meters) deep, ejecting approximately 385 tons of lunar dust and soil — and hopefully some ice.

www.universetoday.com...

This crater is about 1/2 mile in diameter.

It was created by an object which weighed 300,000 tons and was moving at 28,000 miles per hour. The LCROSS impactor weighs 2 tons and will be moving at 5,600 miles per hour. "Rods from God" would be about 20 feet long and 1 foot in diameter. They would weigh nowhere near what the Centaur weighs. There is no comparison.

[edit on 10/8/2009 by Phage]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by nikiano

Wow - i had a bolt hit me today regarding, the moon bombing, recent earthquakes and a potential tsunami in the pacific...

Goes like this and is very similar to your theory....

The moon controls the tides and is explicitly linked to our planet's waters.

An impact on the moon could correlate to a similar event on earth...
(do not forget the sun/earth correlations in regards to solar flares and storms on earth...).

Then we have a very Katrina-esque build up in the Pacific recently with repeated large earthquakes hitting similar areas...
(Katrina-esque in that prior to Katrina, the Gulf of Mexico was hit with hurricane after hurricane until Katrian came... took em a few goes to get it right i say
)

SO, I think that the moon impact could be a harbinger of water chaos on earth caused not by an impact but by an earthquake in the pacific.

It seems as though they are creating these earthquakes in an attempt to generate a tsunami which, if big enough, would hit Australia, North and South America, Asia and even parts of Africa.

I hate to add La Palma, the island in French Polynesia which is literally breaking apart. If it were to fall apart due to an earthquake, the resulting tsunami would kill billions....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join