It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bored with Conventional Knowledge

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I just bored with conventional knowledge since it Ignore Existence of cryptids, "ancient" society with advanced technology, Conspiracy Theory, Spirituality, Alien life, etc.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Study the occult.

Start with Franz Bardon

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by masonicon

What exactly is your view of conventional knowledge?

You know there is so much to learn about this world, and so many things we have left to learn and discover, that you're bound to find something.

But it's hard to draw a line between conventional and unconventional knowledge. Unconventional knowledge can be studied and eventually become conventional. Maybe this is something you would want to take part in.

But like I said, there is so much out there, you are bound to find something whether it's conventional or not. But don't disregard what you consider "conventional" as irrelevant or boring because it's all tied in together.

Just keep your eyes peeled and be eager to learn about anything that sparks your interest, "conventional" or not.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Ever try building stuff? Im about 22 out of college with an accounting degree (yea right? BOO) and i want to start building things. Soalr panels and hanging, aeroponic gardens to begin with. Once funds get goin maybe other things. Maybe cars. Build me an air powered car would ya?

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reddupo
Study the occult.

Start with Franz Bardon

bardon

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Conventional knowledge is all about restrictions on what is possible so i can agree with that. Just go in depth into alternative knowledge but keep your BS meter running at all times! The world is a lot stranger than conventional knowledge implies but there are a lot of douchebags out there that just make stuff up.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I guess you haven't explored every way of spirituality or you wouldn't be bored about it.
Spirituality, on the non conventional way is fascinating.

[edit on 8-10-2009 by Sharrow]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
The Conventional Knowledge that I mention are only refers to currently accepted knowledges.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Step beyond that. That's why it is exciting.

Second line.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Don't underestimate your own powers of creation - picking up a hobby like creative writing might really add a new dimension to your life.

There are lots of people out there who have interesting and unconventional viewpoints - try reading anything that strikes your fancy on subjects you wouldn't normally gravitate towards.

Don't be afraid to explore those back aisles in the bookstores! You never know what you might find that inspires you!

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
don't allow yourself to embrace delusions because reality isn't exciting and dramatic enough for you.

there is beauty and mystery in this world, but most of it lies in things which we take for granted. our very consciousness, the fact that we can reason and feel despite the fact that we are made of meat, is a thing of incomprehensible strangeness, if you ask me.

i am not saying that there are forces at work in this Universe which we do not fully understand. but i am saying not to disregard the profound mysteries of the physical world right in front of your eyes.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
the OP is asking for information, not criticism over his statement of being bored with conventional knowledge. give the man some knowledge!

i found a really cool vid site today...hundreds of free videos on a lot of different topics.
dedroidify!

i was in your boat a couple months ago, but i really just intended and waited and the knowledge and information just started coming at me like a tidal wave! just believe and it will come in due time.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Where are you from? I wonder this, because - depending on where you are from - conventional knowledge can vary and accepted ideas differ.

In the east there are many countries that are materialistically poor, but spiritually very enlighttened, as where in the west many are materialistically enriched, but spiritually poor.

I suggest, if you are from western background and science belief that you study some of the things found in other cultures that are abstract to you. Possibly start with '___' (dimethyltriptamine), some call it the spirit or God molecule. It is produced in almost everything in the living world, but is considered one of the most illegal and provocative substances on the planet.

But, like many have said on this thread, knowledge varies. Find what interests you and and dig into it and find it's roots, this may uncover some knew knowledge for you.

Good Luck

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by esteay812
Where are you from? I wonder this, because - depending on where you are from - conventional knowledge can vary and accepted ideas differ.

In the east there are many countries that are materialistically poor, but spiritually very enlighttened, as where in the west many are materialistically enriched, but spiritually poor.

I suggest, if you are from western background and science belief that you study some of the things found in other cultures that are abstract to you. Possibly start with '___' (dimethyltriptamine), some call it the spirit or God molecule. It is produced in almost everything in the living world, but is considered one of the most illegal and provocative substances on the planet.

But, like many have said on this thread, knowledge varies. Find what interests you and and dig into it and find it's roots, this may uncover some knew knowledge for you.

Good Luck

Globalization makes people of the world uniformly materialistic.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   

do what i do, dabble in a bit of everything. history channel is a great source to get started. ive dabbled in the occult, the astral plane, UFOs, exo zoology, extraterrestial studies, secret societies, current government affairs, and just all in all random stuff. i can tell you stories and give knowledge on everything from ancient societies all the way up to what i believe will spark WWIII and when itll happen and how. i collect, follow patterns, and predict with 80% accuracy on what will happen next. its a fun hobby and passes the time. just dabble till you hit on something you thoroughly enjoy

top topics

join