It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cash for Clunkers: A World-Wide Conspiracy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Seems they are doing the cash for clunkers in the Canary Islands.....

27.09.2009 - The Spanish government has introduced a scheme to get old cars with high emis­sions off the road which will you give €2,000 towards a new car. The scheme is funded by the central government (€500), the island govern­ment (€500), and €1,000 from the car manufacturers.

www.islandconnections.eu...

Did you notice the word "scheme" used in the article? By definition, scheme is "a carefully arranged and systematic program of action for attaining some object or end; a secret or underhanded plan; plot; a visionary plan or project.

So I really wonder what comes next.

Will car parts for older vehicles become "non-existent"?
Will parts be sold on the black market?

Will the rates for old car parts be exorbitant?
Will taxes, tags and insurance be raised higher for old cars in an effort to get them off the street?

Those of you who buy the dream of the NWO green world will soon be giving up your cars for it. That's why everyone will have to live on corporate compounds and stay put. No cars-no travel in this NWO.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Why not? The folks traded in their old car and a bit of the freedom associated with you owning the car instead of the bank. This gives banks capital, governments tax revenues, and greenies a free back patting machine.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea

Did you notice the word "scheme" used in the article? By definition, scheme is "a carefully arranged and systematic program of action for attaining some object or end;

There is a reason words have more than one meaning. There seems to be nothing nefarious at all about this first one. It was a plan to attain some end.

edit to add:I am not saying cash for clunkers itself may not have been something far worse than it portrayed itself as, it is just the use of the word scheme in this context does not necessarily prove that.

[edit on 7-10-2009 by Lillydale]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by beaverg
Why not? The folks traded in their old car and a bit of the freedom associated with you owning the car instead of the bank. This gives banks capital, governments tax revenues, and greenies a free back patting machine.

That is what you see on the surface for now. After you are played, the game will change in a couple of years. The Green Man is coming.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
By destroying the engine of a traded car in cash for clunkers, you are simply denying someone else the use of spare parts. Absolute waste of time and energy....

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Interesting. This could be used to help introduce new hybrid cars to the market. By getting people to sell thier old stuff they would be geting a new car maybe a hybrid.. hmm

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I'm not seeing any "conspiracy" here. The idea of encouraging people to give up their old, high-pollution cars is a good one. It gets them off the roads, which means our air becomes a bit cleaner. It also supposedly stimulates the economy by giving cash to people while removing their car. Many of these folks are likely to spend that cash buying a new car.

I cannot imagine anything evil about this, other than it continues to support our addiction to oil. Maybe that figured in; I don't know. I would *like* to see a huge increase in public transportation, with a similar decline in private. We cannot afford our petroleum addiction.

Other than that, I think it's an OK idea that has simply caught on.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
A World-Wide Conspiracy? Hardly, it just shows how people are ready willing and able to become slaves again to the bank or the loan companies. People need to “do the math” before buying a new car or truck because it gets better mileage or is a “green car”. Besides, no matter what you cannot own it anyway, no more than you can own a house! Don't buy the tags for the car you can't drive it or if you don't pay taxes on your house it's gone. Think about it, how can you own anything. A total scam.

Tru

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Clearly it's a nefarious plot to get all the old carbeurated cars off the road so that after the upcoming nuclear holocaust, only the engines of NWO vehicles will still work.

Alternatively, a plot by evil reptilian overlords who are sensitive to nitrous oxides, carbon monoxide, unburnt fuel, and particulate matter to deny us our most effective weapon against them.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

I think you're missing the real issue here.
I'll spell it out simply.

What do old cars have? Freedom from internal computer chips.

What do all new cars have? Internal computer chips.

Now, call them what you will, they help diagnose problems in the car, etc.

I call them tacking devices.
Shut down the motor devices.
Govern the speed devices.
More government control devices.

With the chips in car now?

Just try and use one for a *get away car*

And I'm not talking about after robbing a bank.

So there's my dime...

peace

[edit on 8-10-2009 by silo13]

new topics

top topics

join