It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pittsburgh - H1N1 Nasal spray has a live but weakened virus in it

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   

As the first wave of H1N1 vaccine crosses the country, more than a third of parents don't want their kids vaccinated, according to an Associated Press-Gfk poll.

Some parents say they are concerned about side effects from the new vaccine, even though nothing serious has turned up in tests so far, while others say H1N1 doesn't amount to any greater health threat than seasonal flu.

everyone I've shown this to who didn't believe there was a live virus are now questioning the vaccine as well

i'm curious to see what it does to people
if anyone knows someone who plans on getting the vaccine, could you monitor their health for us and report back anything unusual? we can't really rely on the MSM to keep us truly appraised of the situation

[edit on 7-10-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Nasal sprays are actually more effective in terms of vaccinations.

Normal jabs by pass your bodies normal line of defense, leaving part of your immune system un-prepared.

With a mist, your first line of defense is trained as well.

That said, I'm not going to be innoculated for it.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Isn't that how all vaccines are made, by using a "watered" down version of the virus with the hopes of training your body how to defend itself in the future?

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by StinkyFeet
reply to post by warrenb

Isn't that how all vaccines are made, by using a "watered" down version of the virus with the hopes of training your body how to defend itself in the future?

You're right - Not all but many vaccines are made this way.

A "live virus" vaccine is a vaccine that contains a "living" virus that is able to give and produce immunity, usually without causing illness.

www.idph.state.ia.us...

[edit on 7-10-2009 by really]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Just fer sumpthin' to chew on whilst ya discuss this..

Are Viruses Alive?
www.beyondbooks.com...

Are viruses alive?

Anyone with a cold or the flu virus feels as if they are under attack by some organism. But in the scientific community it's still an open-ended question. This is why viruses do not belong to a kingdom of living things. Just because a virus seems alive doesn't mean it is alive. After all, it's not even a single-celled organism.

A virus is little more than a strand of DNA or RNA covered by a protein coating. Viruses are a thousand times smaller than bacteria and come in a wide range of shapes. Some look like weird, tall spiders whereas others look like prickly porcupinelike soccer balls.
More at Link...

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
The funny thing about this is viruses aren't biologically alive in the first place.

Oops. Missed your post, Hx3_1963

[edit on 10/7/09 by Ferris.Bueller.II]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
There are two ways of creating vaccines. One uses "killed" virus, meaning virus that has been rendered completely incapable of infecting. The virus still retains the properties that can trigger the desired immune response, but the virus itself is no longer capable of infecting anyone.

The other way of making a vaccine is to use "attenuated" virus, meaning it has been seriously weakened. It can still infect, if it can get past the immune system. Someone with a seriously compromised immune system could be infected by this virus. However, most people are able to wipe out this virus without illness. In so doing, their immune systems again have been "trained" to recognize the virus and destroy it.

Both versions are common.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
This is on the insert for the nasal spray (click on .pdf)

17.2 Vaccination with a Live Virus Vaccine Vaccine recipients or their parents/guardians should be informed by the health care provider that Influenza A (H1N1) 2009 Monovalent Vaccine Live, Intranasal is an attenuated live virus vaccine and has the potential for transmission to immunocompromised household contacts.

So they are giving something that could infect immunocmpromised people to the very people that will be working on immunocompromised people, the health care workers (by force in the case of NY)

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Real talk, I am not sure if I am taking it or not. I dont get clear energy readings from it its like a 50/50 chance with me.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Personally, I'd want the nasal mist for future vaccinations against diseases.

I imagine you don't run the risk of neurological diseases due to the chemicals contained in jabs.

top topics

join