It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1940 Nazi Germany=2009 Israel(photos)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by HulaAnglers
I have done a lot of research...This ethnic cleansing has been going on for decades, unforgiving what they are doing

*edited for grammar and to fix quote -- misleading that someone else said it*
Again, as I posted earlier and it seems those who are laying claims wish to ignore, where is the evidence? There is evidence from the Palestinians that their population is growing so I ask again, show me that mass ethnic cleansing has been going on.

Its easy to sit in our glorious chairs and spout our hatred, dislike and misgivings about situations and how we feel about them. I support that, but once claims of your magnitude are levied, they should be backed up with support. Not opinion, I want to see it. Where are the stories such as we saw when there was ACTUAL mass ethnic cleansing and mass genocide happening in Bosina and Dafur respectfully.

Do I condone ever action that Israel has taken? Not at all. Do I blame them for the actions they have taken? Absolutely not.

[edit on 8-10-2009 by ownbestenemy]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
*EDIT TO NOTE THE TITLE OF THE FORUM -- [B]Discussion[/B] and [B]analysis[/B] of tensions, conflicts, and conspiracies related to the middle eastern counties and cultures.

I find it amazing how people will make a connection and point out that the case is closed due to their evidence they have presented. Unfortunately it all isn't as easy as that.

We could correlate pictures of WWII with pictures of Modern day event any day of the week and state "There ya go! Undeniable truth!" But this doesn't make it so, nor does it address underlying factors of the whole situation.

There are always two sides of a debate, two sides of a story and two sides of the viewer that view and read those debates and stories. Each side will make their claims, but only the side that has the most provocative, jarring and radical pictures and claims it seems wins out, not the one with the logical evidence refuting/supporting such claims.

I'm not defending either side here, but more asking both sides to ask good, strong debatable questions that can be verified (or unverified if the claims are false) so questions can be answered and rumors, propaganda and such can be taken out of the discussion.

Will this happen here in this thread, I don't know, but I sure hope because this is an on going issue that I believe requires clear, intelligent thought and discussion that just isn't happening for the most part (besides a few posts -- which by the by, have been informative).

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II
One problem. The Jewish in 1940 Germany normally didn't commit suicide bombings or launch missles into civilian German neighborhoods.

But, seeing as there are more things different than the same between 1940 Germany and 2009 Israel, I'll just let you get on with your anti-Judaism.

Enjoy.

Wow. Just, wow. You seem to not understand the human condition. The Palestinians live in the world's largest open-air prison, they are desperate, and some of their extremists bomb cafes, which is why they are called extremists. But with your quote, you seem to side-step the oppression that has been going on for decades. Israel crushes throats, rolls tanks over homes and children, and you turn a blind eye. I am not saying suicide bombers are correct in what they do, I am just saying, what do you expect. I am truly sad for people like you because you obviously read the history you are told to read. We must look beyond the headlines and the propaganda to discover why people do the things they do...Sheppard Smith isn't going to give you the rest of the story.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

S&F. Those pictures made me sick to my stomach. How long before the U.S. looks like that?

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez

One problem. The Jewish in 1940 Germany normally didn't commit suicide bombings or launch missles into civilian German neighborhoods.

But, seeing as there are more things different than the same between 1940 Germany and 2009 Israel, I'll just let you get on with your anti-Judaism.

Enjoy.

Wow. Just, wow. You seem to not understand the human condition. The Palestinians live in the world's largest open-air prison, they are desperate, and some of their extremists bomb cafes, which is why they are called extremists. But with your quote, you seem to side-step the oppression that has been going on for decades. Israel crushes throats, rolls tanks over homes and children, and you turn a blind eye. I am not saying suicide bombers are correct in what they do, I am just saying, what do you expect. I am truly sad for people like you because you obviously read the history you are told to read. We must look beyond the headlines and the propaganda to discover why people do the things they do...Sheppard Smith isn't going to give you the rest of the story.

I can't believe he said that...

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Those are the most misleading photos I think I have ever seen in my entire life, It really upsets me. WWII and the the war in the middle east are wars yes but under totally different circumstances. And I'm sure someone will come back with the famed "Oil War" argument.

if the war bothers you so much go talk to Obama who said he would bring the troops home but instead put 20,000 more troops in Afghanistan, making his term one of the worst spikes in US troops death since the start of the war.

Don't get me wrong I feel sorry for the innocent people that are caught in the cross fire of these fights. If It were up to me I would rather there not be war, but there is and its something we have to deal with.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Lets dance...

Originally posted by pluckynoonez
But with your quote, you seem to side-step the oppression that has been going on for decades.

Does sending in suicide bombers into crowded city markets and cafes not also represent an oppression of the Israeli people? Should they then not respond and just take it? Oppression is a double edged sword that strikes at both sides.

Israel crushes throats, rolls tanks over homes and children

I am highly interested in this. Homes, yes, they roll over homes that are 'suspected' to house terrorist. Whether that data and intelligence is correct, that is up for a separate debate. Now crushing throats? What do you mean here? Roll tanks over children? Really? Come now..please read my post about yours and you can understand my frustration with such a ignorant (not you, more the lets through out the children comment and get people riled up type of ignorant) comment without the backing of evidence that Israel is intentionally driving tanks over children.

...Sheppard Smith isn't going to give you the rest of the story.
LE SIGH!!!!!!!!! Really, anyone with an opposing view must be a Fox News watcher and must just subscribe to the musing of their newsman and commentators.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

"Does sending in suicide bombers into crowded city markets and cafes not also represent an oppression of the Israeli people? Should they then not respond and just take it? Oppression is a double edged sword that strikes at both sides."

Yeah, when you completely ignore the fact that the Palestinians behave this way because they have nothing left, because they live in the world's largest open-air prison.

Israel exists to crush throats for the UNITED STATES in the middle east. If you don't think so you have no concept why the US writes a blank check for Israel every year.

Peace, Propaganda and the Promised Land: Media & the Israel-Palestine Conflict

Peace, Propaganda & the Promised Land provides a striking comparison of U.S. and international media coverage of the crisis in the Middle East, zeroing in on how structural distortions in U.S. coverage have reinforced false perceptions of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. This pivotal documentary exposes how the foreign policy interests of American political elites--oil, and a need to have a secure military base in the region, among others--work in combination with Israeli public relations strategies to exercise a powerful influence over how news from the region is reported.

Google Video Link

[edit on 8-10-2009 by pluckynoonez]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Not many people are aware but Israel and US pressured West Bank to withdraw their appeal on Goldstone Report couple of weeks ago:

How Israel and US pressured to delay outcome of Goldstone Report?

Israel is threatening to kill off a crucial West Bank economic project unless the Palestinian Authority withdraws a request to the International Criminal Court to investigate alleged Israeli crimes during last winter’s Gaza war.

Shalom Kital, an aide to defence minister Ehud Barak, said today that Israel will not release a share of the radio spectrum that has long been sought by the Palestinian Authority to enable the launch of a second mobile telecommunications company unless the PA drops its efforts to put Israeli soldiers and officers in the dock over the Israeli operation.

Source: www.independent.co.uk...

Here is another news source claimig US played a role in pressuring WestBank on UN Report.

US 'pressured Abbas on UN report'
--------------------

Here's the latest update on Gaza genocide

Israel's foreign minister has said there is no chance of an early solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and told people to "learn to live with it".

Source:Peace an illusion, says Israel FM

Israel FM after sucessfully pressuring West Bank to withdraw appeal from Goldstone Report now is saying 'Peace is an illusion'.

The illusion is the 'beyond law' Israel FM thinks Israel has which can't be presecuted in fairness. But time will tell how it will turn out. The German Nazis too once thought they were beyond reproach and the Israel is too going that line. It's almost time to shatter this glass of illusion!!

[edit on 8-10-2009 by December_Rain]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I hereby withdraw my membership from this site.

I will no longer be a part of a site that allows blatant racism. Sure you can hide behind arguments and T&C political correctness. But mark my words, it will be the death of this site. Large numbers are not a measure of success. Especially when those large numbers consist of like minded individuals filled with this cancer. And like a cancer, it will slowly eat away at ATS from within.

I know this post will be deleted. It is intended that a moderator read it, and by some miracle of hope, actually see that topics like this have no place on a conspiracy forum.

I am truly saddened to call it quits. I honestly thought this type of hurtful material would be frowned upon and removed for the betterment of all members. Please reconsider the direction this site is heading, please.
If a site owner reads this message, please consider the hurt a thread like this causes. It is not debate, that is a mask. It is a message of division, disguised as a topic for discussion. It sows the seeds of hate and causes division amongst members.

I beg that ATS, Above Top Secret, honestly take a look at what purpose, in what way do these hurtful topics bring betterment to its members.

Please.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Burginthorn

What "blatant racism"? We are talking about perceptions, not anti-semitism.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

WOOHOO! Thank you plucky! Seriously, its all I have been asking that after claims are charged, to back it up with some evidence for me to study. I will have to watch the hour long video at a later time, but I will. I don't limit my knowledge to any one outlet, political party, etc.

It would be interesting if I can find it though a documentary that shows the lives of Israelis under constant fear that they will be blown up while they drink their coffee or take their kids for a Sunday afternoon in the bazaar only to be maimed.

Again, thank you for going beyond just saying something and giving some yummy footage to deliciously devour in my free time.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

I believe it was from earlier posts, they were turning ugly for a bit

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Because a topic is unavoidably tied to certain people does not mean that we should not be able to discuss it.

It’s bigger than your personal disgust.

Oh that’s right, we are not suppose to discuss anything controversial because it would not be politically correct. My bad.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Enjoy.

Your not supposed to make common sense mate. You're ruining the political agenda of the thread! ..

(OP) .. you're thread lacks ... what is it... common sense? Two different time periods, far different circumstances, and pictures taken out of context. Take the walls away, the guards away, the guns away, the barbed wire away, the stops away and what will happen? The Jews would get slaughtered. Again.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

WOOHOO! Thank you plucky!

You're welcome. This has been a huge topic of interest for me ever since I discovered the "necessary illusions" that are being perpetrated on the US populace.

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

It would be interesting if I can find it though a documentary that shows the lives of Israelis under constant fear that they will be blown up while they drink their coffee or take their kids for a Sunday afternoon in the bazaar only to be maimed.

It's called Fox News in America, by large. MSM as a whole is guilty, but Fox News puts the fascism like no other.

plucky

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I know it may seem racist, but it's not. Israel is just trying to provide a better life for its people. It is a terribly hurtful topic, but ignoring it will not make it go away. Like someone said earlier, those pictures had no captions or descriptions as to what was going on in the pic, nothing in ANY of them can be judged. Jeez, what a raw deal

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
hmm, i think someone should do a comparison between nazi germany and japanese interment camps in the US and Canada!

I'm not making a connection though.

Nazis picked a couple of ethnicities to kill and steal from and started carrying that out.

Israel has been under attack by various factions of arabic peoples since the inception of the Jewish state. It has gotten to the point whereby the only way to keep arab suicide bombs off the streets of Israeli cities is to keep the source out (gaza, syria,jordan,egypt,saudi arabia, lebanon etc etc.)

so, the post with the pics is compiled by a hateful and lazy thinker. obviously.

worthless.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

This is scary. but not the pictures.
your'e scary, the way you some how came to think to parallel between anything to Nazi Germany.
I think a respectable action would be to take these photos down, respect yourself.
Israel is not pushing the terrorists into gas chambers, they are pushing them through the barricades so they can get to work.

Just rethink.
Ill be posting a trip to Poland soon, and I'd like you to look out for it. It may change your perception.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Israel's Case

**added link**
More on The Case for Israel

One thing to note in there is the part where Mr. Deshowitz talks about Israel's peace offer in 2000, that Arafat walked away from

Hopefully linking the article doesn't infringe on the disclaimer at the bottom of the link. If it does, moderators can you remove it.

I think this documentary would serve as a good counter to what you posted Plucky. I haven't seen it since I just read a review, but I will be on the look out.

And it isn't the MSM or Fox presenting, but it is from the Israeli point of view.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join