It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Special Needs Student Beaten by Illinois police over dress code

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
As reported by CBS2 news, a 15-yr old "special needs" student gets dropped by a linebacker sized cop for not having his shirt tucked in. There's not much to say for the cop in this case, the kid (soft-spoken on camera) turned a corner and was walking away from the cop when he gets clobbered from behind.

As bad as the situation with the cop is, the schools response was to sweep it under the rug, until exposed by the video.

Seems like all we're doing is conditioning the youngest generation to accept their place in the police state, with unconditional obedience.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   

BOO!!!!

Can I UNwatch that video? Appalling behavior by the 'officer.'

Hooray for video and someone with the balls to expose what this bruiser did. I don't care HOW much of a problem the kid was. He didn't lay a hand on the cop and the cop could have killed the guy.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Effin pig...what a real man he is, pushing around a 15 year old. officer looks like he was in military too, judgeing form his out of shape size

Seriously, interesting that thiers actually a statistic for face down holds,teens known to be suffocated to death, 20 they said. What a sick world it is afterall..and to think, the big leagues boys, wnats a global community. Things like this make it very questionable dosnt it.
Why was their a cop at that school anyway? the school did NOT look like south bronx or LA or something! It is not an officers duty or job to have say in soemoens dress code, the school teachers or administration do..never an officer. If that were the case, then everyone would be pulled over for wearing unnapropriate clothing* per the cops judgement. thas what bothers me the most, is where the cop thinks he got judgement over dress code? Look at the gut on that fat pig of a cop..he;s one to judge dress code himeself...belly starting to roll over his beltbuckle leaving trash(aka the coffee cup,t aht littering!) on the floor intop of it all...
hope that kid sues and places that cops badge over his bedroom mantle

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
This is horrible. I guess the police had to feel like he was a big man taking down a special needs teen.

flagged

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
The sad and disturbing thing is that I saw the title of this thread and thought "oh well, business as usual," and almost moved on to something else without giving it a second thought. This sort of thing is getting all too common and instead of getting enraged, we're becoming desensitized to it.

Goodbye liberty, hello police state.

TA

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I can sympathize with educators because today's school environment (in the US at least) is much tougher than in the past. I'm not sure what's changed in the past 20 years that has led to such an increase of violence in schools - or maybe it's that nothing has changed significantly except the use of video cameras that can now catch all the action? One thing that has changed is using uniformed police officers in schools to "instill" discipline instead of trained educators or, for god's sake, a kid's parents.

This incident mirrors another incident in my home town where a 15 yr old girl died while being restrained at her school, and as the above linked video mentions, it was in a face down position (sadly I don't have any online source for it).

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
He attacked the kid because they kid wouldn't do what HE WANTED him to do. This cop doesn't enforce dress code, the school does. What is it that this kid did that required him to be beaten like this, nothing. Why didn't the school report this to the parents, hmmm. I think I know, because schools are looking out for themselves and their employees now instead of the safety of the child. Them being quiet and mum about it until the video surfaced scares the hell out of me. You think that when your child goes to school that they will be protected from abuse. Our institutions are becoming more fascists like as the months go by. How in gods name could a principal and a teacher (who walked by) and the other teachers that jumped on him think that it was appropriate for what was done to him.

I would like to call this multiple levels of Tribalism. The teachers acted in defense of the cop and others because they are adults and are "on the same team". Would the cop have acted differently if it was a white student, probably not. He was in the mode as I'm the law and YOU kid and YOU citizen do what we want. "This fact is often cited as evidence that tribal peoples saw only the members of their own tribe as "people," and denigrated all others as something less."

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Plain nuts.

Where do they find these idiots who give REAL law enforcement professionals a bad name?

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

Did you see a video of a guy standing on a street corner, Baltimore, I think, who was wearing his seatwer unbuttoned, and a cop beat his a$$ for not closing it up quickly enough? Unfortunately there was no audio. I can't verify the "truth" to the video either for or against the cops and the "criminal"

"Baggy Pants" have been criminalized in some places. Baggy? Oh, so I lose 20 pounds and I have baggy pants and I could get fined? Nope. What the lawbreakermakers mean is "droopy pants". Heh. But couldn't some LEO or supposed LEO get out of control with such rules?

Good Gawd folks! Ah, never mind, it was my generation of people who refused to cut their hair, refused to wear dress pants instead of blue jeans, who refused to wear skirts that, when the girl knelt on the floor and the hem of her skirt didn't touch the floor, and we wera all administored punishment, but kept on keeping on, refused this crap.

A special needs kid? Cut it out! No harm no foul, yes?

Whoop the parents

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Hey, come on guys, we all know the new rules. YOU MUST OBEY. Every order from a cop is always correct, and the kid deserved the beat down, how dare he not have his shirt tucked in. The cops are always right, bow down and kiss the ring. This kid probably deserved it, he's probably a commie anarchist. If he's got special needs, we should treat this as "survival of the fittest". GO COPS!

(This is not my opinion, I'm just saving the usual apologist fascists some typing time by getting this opinion out of the way early)

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I know a few cops. They're good people. And for that reason alone we need to put a clamp down on this kind of corruption. Idiot cops like this can get good cops hurt in retaliation. With the kind of environment we're in these days actions like these MUST be dealt with before it boils over and gets good cops hurt. And to the Good cops out there, stop protecting these scumbags just because they wear a badge!

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
So my question is...where is all the rage coming from in these police officers?

It seems they are just looking for an easy target to get/take their anger/frustration out on.

And really, do we need police inside our schools? I know there are drugs and such going on, but they do not have to be in the school. If it goes on inside it goes on outside. Get them there. This is not an environment where someone can learn.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
What would happen if the roles were reversed or if the assailant wouldn't wear a badge? That kind of attack could very easily be deadly and anyone other than a cop who would do such would sit behind bars for a long time. Just wait and see, like every cop this one gets away with a slap on his wrist.
I hate to say it but there was a 'us vs. them' between people and LEO's situation in US and it turns out that the people lost. Now it's too late to do anything.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

My friend you make an excellent point - there are good cops out there, who are doing the job for the right reason. The problem is they're getting fewer and fewer.

Answer?

They need to get out of the police force - NOW. If they want to be good cops, set up their own police agency, based on good civil police work. Then they can tender against normal PD's for the work - thereby replacing the PD in the process.

Reason?

Because people like us, and most others on the street are going to start beating on and killing police who behave like this. They're animals, so they deserve to be put down like animals. When the swine gets nasty, it's time to start making bacon.

The Para.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
God damn it...

Videos like this make me sick.

Screw that uniformed pig bastard. This is everything that is wrong with the world.

Fat, bullying, merciless pig.

If i was the parent of that child, i would break every bone in his face for touching my child.

[edit on 8-10-2009 by mr-lizard]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Its terrible but how many of you would care in real life. Alot of you do not even care about your friends.

There is that saying, that you know who your friends are when you life is destroyed, and its true.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Cops are pigs. This attack was racial. Look at the officer... white. Look at the student... black.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Can you say, silver back ape wannabe?

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Pathetic....

The good news.....This kid will have his name on the School and will be a multi-millionaire

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
This cop, and the 99% of cops he represents makes the other 1% of good cops look bad.

About 5 years ago I lost all respect for the badge.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join