It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reasons Not To Bomb The Moon, Nasa Really Has Gone Insane

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by jra

Originally posted by Shrukin89
But NASA didn't want to tell us that the moon has full of ice already. Because well Russia and India are like.. Uhh yeah.. The moon is full of ice.

What are you talking about? NASA has been collecting evidence of Lunar ice for a long while now. The M3 instrument on board India's Chandrayaan-1 which found the water / hydroxyl is a NASA instrument.

Please get your information straight.

jra is right. NASA's Clementine Spacecraft found good evidence of water-ice on the Moon 15 years ago (in 1994) -- and NASA told us about it then.

Shrukin89 -- please do some research.

[edit on 10/8/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
was it welle´s that wrote : when man began to mine on the moon they accidentaly cracked it sending chunks of it falling towards earth , and then he fast forwarded some 100k years to the future where man lived like primitive tribes ?

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chovy
Ever since Nasa (national american stupid agency) decided to bomb the moon I have been constantly debating the outcome. And it's not looking good at all.

Don't tell me a two ton payload rigged to explode is not a bomb.

Choice: No Choice, Nasa does what it wants. Period. 

Cost: Why is it we spend billions on crap like this, chasing water on the moon, when we can’t (or won’t) spend the same amount here to conserve water?  Senseless stupidity.

The Unknown:  Scientists can conduct all the earth bound tests they want to.  The simple fact is there is no way of knowing what ramifications this will have on the moon and the earth.  These planets are inextricably linked. 

Messing with these forces could alter our tidal patterns, weather patterns, and who knows what else.  It’s just foolishness.  And dangerous.

What Nasa is doing is throwing a two ton wrench in the clockwork of nature, mark my words, no good will come out of this.

Take a good look at the moon, it won't look the same on Saturday.

www.scientificamerican.com...
i bet they hit the exact spot the moon landing took place
and will wipe away all evidence of man ever being on the moon

all by accident of course

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Maybe NASA wants to get rid of something secret that was placed on the Moon by the secret astronaut program and does not want India, Japan or China to find out what is actually up there.

There are plenty of humanoid, hybrid and alien statues on the surface that I can see from old telescopic photos taken fom Earth. Satellite photos of the Moon are available of course but many have been doctored. Many old telescopic photos have been confiscated or hidden from the public.

We have been lied to and there is life on Luna, the Earth's Moon. I hope in the the next 10 years the public will finally be told the truth that there is life on the Moon. ^Y^

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by barrelmaker
THERE IS NO BOMB!

oh really? Do you believe everything nasa tells you?

NASA will tomorrow launch a spectacular mission to bomb the Moon. Their LCROSS mission will blast off from Cape Canaveral, Florida, carrying a missile that will blast a hole in the lunar surface at twice the speed of a bullet.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by fatdad

i bet they hit the exact spot the moon landing took place and will wipe away all evidence of man ever being on the moon...

Ignorance abounds....egads!!!

These sorts of threads, the abject lack of ANY credibility in them, furthered by inane posts that don't have even a whiff of understanding of the issues, the truth, the history...the FACTS!

I am feeling bad for ATS right now. And, I am beginning to wonder if that film "Idiocracy" was less an entertainment, but more of a future documentary....scary.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I'm going to bare my horrible ignorance by asking the following question.

Is it even possible to blow up a bomb in an atmosphere without oxygen? No I did not go to school, that's why I ask. Don't bombs need oxygen to explode?

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufo reality
I think we should leave the Moon alone. We've already striped the Earth of much of it's resources. We shouldn't strip the Moon of water and uranium just because we can like we've done on Earth.

So, when humans run out of resources on earth we should just pack it in and die? Just give up?

Resources are a necessity, and we should be expanding further into our solar system to exploit these resources. If mankind is to survive, then we have to colonize space and other planets. Earth will not last forever.

Bomb away NASA!!

Type I civilization here we come!!

[edit on 10/8/2009 by yadda333]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
What is the likelyhood of the impact sparking ineteria, and kicking off the Moon's rotation?

Also, here are a few "facts" that I was told earlier in the year that I haven't been able to confirm yet. If anyone has any links that pertain to any of these, please post them! I can't find decent sources online for some reason, despite looking.

With regards to Earth's Moon; There are NO other moons/satelites in our known universe that:
1.) have NO rotation as they orbit.
2.) perfectly eclipse the sun

Coupled with the documents/transcripts released about the original moon landing's Black Box recordings, and the fact that we have RARELY seen pictures of the moon in COLOR, up until only a few weeks ago, really. (Thankyou India!)

I dunno, doesn't this all create a somewhat creepy vision of the Moon? Isn't this thread correct in coming up with irrational/rational theories as to the actual events they are hiding? Everything they tell us is a lie, therefore we can all accurately assume that this official story is false as well.

Edit: I just wanted to add this.

The moon really creeps me out.

[edit on 8-10-2009 by patmac]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by patmac

Let's examine these so-called "facts"....I can confidently say you have been misinformed.....

What is the likelyhood of the impact sparking ineteria, and kicking off the Moon's rotation?

Likelihood is ZERO. BUT, based on how you asked the question, seems you have a very basic misconception, for starters. The Moon is ALREADY rotating!

Also, here are a few "facts" that I was told earlier in the year that I haven't been able to confirm yet.

You should look harder, the information -- REAL and accurate information, is out there.

With regards to Earth's Moon; There are NO other moons/satelites in our known universe that:

First...terminology. "known universe" huh? Perhaps you meant to say our Solar System, since the entire "known universe" is very, very large by comparison, and not really that well "known" yet...just observed best we can.

Second, there are many, many examples of other planets' satellite that are "tidally locked" so that they rotate just slow enough to appear to keep one hemisphere toward the parent planet.

Search some of the terms above.

Well, again...the Moon does NOT "perfectly" eclipse the Sun. Another mistaken belief that has made its way into lore.

Pictures of the Moon in color are not new, nor unusual. ALSO, lots of them that you may be referring to have been enhanced, with false color techniques, for various reasons.

I dunno, doesn't this all create a somewhat creepy vision of the Moon? Isn't this thread correct in coming up with irrational/rational theories as to the actual events they are hiding? Everything they tell us is a lie, therefore we can all accurately assume that this official story is false as well.

WHAT "official story"? You are incorrect in many of the assumptions, due to bad scientific knowledge. You are getting some of these crazy ideas from ATS threads, it seems...and when you read through them you will find quite normal explanations, instead of the frantic hysteria that some posters like to use....

The very titlwe of this thread shows the lack of understanding I'm mentioning....

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Chovy

It's not a question of what whether I beleive what they tell as much as whether I have done any research to find out what is going on.

I will humor you momentarily and say it is a bomb. I will even one up you and say it is a nuclear bomb. At 2 tons, its half the size of the B53 nuclear bomb. The 53 is the most powerful bomb ever put into by the US. Its yield is 9Mt. The 10.4Mt Mike test explosion left a 950m crater. Are you starting to see why there is no need to worry? A nuclear blast more than twice the size of what would be possible left a much smaller crater than your panic is leading you to beleive will happen (the 5-mile myth).

But, you say, what if it knocks the moons out of its orbit? A megaton is roughly equivalent to 4.2 petajoules. Thats 4,200,000,000,000,000 joules. that would be enough force to accelerate an object weighing 4 trillion kg object 1m/s for 1 second. The moon weighs 7.35 sextillion (that's 22 0's) kg. An explosion on the moon of a B53 would change the acceleration by .0000005 (5 ten-millionths) m/s. The moon already travels at a little over a kilometer per second.

There is no bomb, even if there were a bomb it would be meaningless. A nuclear bomb twice the size of what you claim is there would not change anything. Stop panicking and stop spreading panic. Your continued nonsensical rants will not help or prove anything. If you don't believe me then I guess we can wait until Saturday and find out.

All the data provided can be found on the web. Most of it is basic physics equations.

edit: for spelling

[edit on 8-10-2009 by barrelmaker]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I've got a better idea, let's bomb NASA instead. It's really nothing more than a money pit and source of disinformation anyway.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
It remind me of the movie called "The Time Machine" where the scene happened with the moon. I found youtube video if it.

go to 5:36 - 5:40

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chovy

Originally posted by barrelmaker
THERE IS NO BOMB!

oh really? Do you believe everything nasa tells you?

NASA will tomorrow launch a spectacular mission to bomb the Moon. Their LCROSS mission will blast off from Cape Canaveral, Florida, carrying a missile that will blast a hole in the lunar surface at twice the speed of a bullet.

I really love how no one has commented on this, keep an open mind people, it could be a bomb or not, however, what everyone is missing is that NASA said we will be able to see debris, a piece of metal hitting a moon that far away is not going to make that much debris, so as I said there could be more to this. Stop arguing as there is not long to go before we really know, is there?

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Chovy

What a bunch of crap! *shaking head*. It's "simple" math. Two tons with a certain kinetic energy is supposed to knock the Moon (7.35 × 10^22 kg) out of it's spiraling trajectory accompanying the Earth? Thee moon is about a quarter the diameter of the Earth (and 0.012 3 Earths mass), and NASA is gonna shoot it out of the sky using two tons of mass, the equivalent a regular motorcar? If they had two tons of weapons' grade plutonium, maybe the Moon would jiggle a little, but still, two tons of non-ballistic metal like steel and titanium? Get real.

In order to move 7.35 × 10^22 kg you must apply a tad more than two tons of dust.... In order to move the moon even the slightest bit, you'd have to apply kinetic energy equivallent to several hundred million megatons of TNT, and NASA is gonna make it with a used up rocket, weighing the same as a regular motorcar, with no additional explosive payload.... Mon Dieu!

[edit on 8/10/2009 by Neo Christian Mystic]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
You would be able to see the debris plume if you have at least 10-12in telescope and clear skies. There isnt anything to worry about. No nefarious plans by NASA. Only research, one of the things the agency ws put in place to do.

jra

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by patmac

The Moon does rotate. It's tidally locked to earth as weedwhacker mentioned previously. Most major moons are tidally locked to the planet they orbit. Mercury is tidally locked to the Sun. Pluto and Charon are tidally locked to each other. There are dozens of examples in our solar system.

It does not. The Moons distance from Earth varies, so sometimes it covers the Sun completely and other times it does not.

and the fact that we have RARELY seen pictures of the moon in COLOR, up until only a few weeks ago, really. (Thankyou India!)

Have you never seen the images from the Clementine orbiter? There are colour maps of the entire Moon, albeit in false colour. Plenty of colour photos taken in orbit during the Apollo missions as well.

Could you link me to the colour images of the Moon by India? I don't think I've seen them.

EDIT:

A new image has been released on the LROC site. It shows the impact crater of the S-IVB stage from Apollo 14. The S-IVB stage is much bigger than the Centaur rocket stage that will impact tomorrow.

Apollo 14 S-IVB Impact Crater

The Apollo impact velocity was 2.54 km/sec and an angle of 69° from the horizontal along a heading of 103° (west to east). The S-IVB had a mass of 14,016 kg (30835 lbs) at the time of impact and impact energy was 5.54 x 1010 J (equivalent to just over 10 tons of TNT). The signal from the impact was recorded on the Apollo 12 seismometer; it lasted for about 3 hours. The LCROSS impactor (Centaur upper stage) is much smaller than the S-IVB and thus will make a smaller crater. The Centaur weighs about 2000 kg and will impact with a velocity of about 2.5 km/sec.

There were a total of 5 S-IVB impacts into the Moon. Nothing bad happened to the Moon.

[edit on 8-10-2009 by jra]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
It might take a couple of weeks but this will obviously trigger the polar flip we have all been waiting for. I can't wait, I will end up living on the Equator and I can sell my snowmobile and snowshoes.

There is also a 40% chance that the moon will crack completely in half, after which one of the halves would crash into the Earth and then send the whole works spiraling into the Sun. Hopefully at the last moment the Galactic Federation of Horse Manure will descend from the skies and beam us all up to live in Eternal peace under the loving guidance of Xenu on the planet Nibiru.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by KaiBosh

I was halfway thru your post before I noticed the sarcasm tag...Thank you for the

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Originally posted by jra

Originally posted by Shrukin89
But NASA didn't want to tell us that the moon has full of ice already. Because well Russia and India are like.. Uhh yeah.. The moon is full of ice.

What are you talking about? NASA has been collecting evidence of Lunar ice for a long while now. The M3 instrument on board India's Chandrayaan-1 which found the water / hydroxyl is a NASA instrument.

Please get your information straight.

jra is right. NASA's Clementine Spacecraft found good evidence of water-ice on the Moon 15 years ago (in 1994) -- and NASA told us about it then.

Shrukin89 -- please do some research.

[edit on 10/8/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

I was only told by my brother. So if NASA's Clementine Spacecraft found good evidence of water-ice on the Moon 15 years ago. Why the hell are they doing another test? To make sure that the ice didn't disappear? The spacecraft that they are crashing is 75 million dollars. Why the hell would someone be so wasteful to crash a 75 million dollar spacecraft into our moon? For bloody sakes NASA has gone insane alright. Know how many cars or houses, or other energy efficient methods that amount could have brought into good use? Or hell why didn't they give that money away to charity? Frick now I want to blow up NASA's Space Center for being insane.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join