It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Cluster 7.0+ Magnitude Earthquakes Hit Vanuatu & Santa Cruz Islands

page: 5
27
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Fiji: tsunami could reach there in the next 20 mins,




posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
USGS live to BBC said just now 01.06 gmt



We may have had 3 mag 7 to 7.6 within the last hour, we are reviewing the information now probably though 3 events over mag 7


Elf

[edit on 7-10-2009 by MischeviousElf]



posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MischeviousElf
BBC News Live now to USGS

AUSTRALIA is in the warning by them!

BBC

To include 11 others.

You need to be in the UK to watch the BBC news on the page or go to cable.

Elf


Ive still got no warning!!!

I dont understand as my work (Australian Bureau of Meteorology) puts out the warnings. Last bulletin I got was a cancellation



posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I mean I don't know the normal activity for the region but this sounds absolutely crazy. New quakes being reported left and right.

I mean breaking news is exciting and everything but I feel bad for the all the people being affected by this.

I don't see how this could keep on going for much longer without something being seriously wrong with the region.

EDIT: Seems like RSOE EDIS is overloaded at the moment, Twitter is crawling too at least on my end.

[edit on 7-10-2009 by mkross1983]



posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Is there any live web video from any MSM outlets right now? Checked them all here in the US and nothing, are there any international news outlets covering this live we can watch via the web?



posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
This is why I like this site. with so many people from around the world reporting the news as is happens, There is almost no better place to receive the most up to date info. yeah that thing about the prediction sure is interesting. wazup OZ,



posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I'm wondering if all this activity is overwhelming their servers/systems or the quake has affected a underwater fiber cable maybe???



posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Guys here's some live str4eaming webcams of the Fijian coast if anyones interested

www.fijiwebcam.com...

Cant see anything yet



posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman
 


Australian warning centers are giving out different info than NOAA.

According to noaa australia is still under warning. But if you say it's cancelled and live there ....

NOAA


ISSUED AT 2336Z 07 OCT 2009

A TSUNAMI WARNING IS IN EFFECT FOR

VANUATU / SOLOMON IS. / NAURU / PAPUA NEW GUINEA / TUVALU /
NEW CALEDONIA / FIJI / KIRIBATI / KOSRAE / WALLIS-FUTUNA /
HOWLAND-BAKER / MARSHALL IS. / TOKELAU / KERMADEC IS / POHNPEI /
NEW ZEALAND / SAMOA / AMERICAN SAMOA / TONGA / AUSTRALIA /
NIUE / COOK ISLANDS / CHUUK / INDONESIA


SEA LEVEL READINGS INDICATE A TSUNAMI WAS GENERATED. IT MAY HAVE
BEEN DESTRUCTIVE ALONG COASTS NEAR THE EARTHQUAKE EPICENTER AND
COULD ALSO BE A THREAT TO MORE DISTANT COASTS. AUTHORITIES SHOULD
TAKE APPROPRIATE ACTION IN RESPONSE TO THIS POSSIBILITY. THIS
CENTER WILL CONTINUE TO MONITOR SEA LEVEL DATA TO DETERMINE THE
EXTENT AND SEVERITY OF THE THREAT.

FOR ALL AREAS - WHEN NO MAJOR WAVES ARE OBSERVED FOR TWO HOURS
AFTER THE ESTIMATED TIME OF ARRIVAL OR DAMAGING WAVES HAVE NOT
OCCURRED FOR AT LEAST TWO HOURS THEN LOCAL AUTHORITIES CAN ASSUME
THE THREAT IS PASSED.



posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
This is why I like this site. with so many people from around the world reporting the news as is happens, There is almost no better place to receive the most up to date info. yeah that thing about the prediction sure is interesting. wazup OZ,




Yes, Much better than MSM! I always read the news here first!



posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

BoM senior forecaster Geoff Doueal said the tsunami wasn't expected to make it past the Great Barrier Reef.

"The reef pretty much kills this tsunami," he said.

"So there is no real direct threat to the mainland of Queensland."


www.news.com.au...



posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by violet
Australian warning centers are giving out different info than NOAA.

According to noaa australia is still under warning. But if you say it's cancelled and live there ....


Well i get the warnings automatically, as soon as they are put out, so I would assume ours is correct...

I think we may get another one in about 5 minutes



posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman
 


Kicking up a bit of surf there...



posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by dallas18

BoM senior forecaster Geoff Doueal said the tsunami wasn't expected to make it past the Great Barrier Reef.

"The reef pretty much kills this tsunami," he said.

"So there is no real direct threat to the mainland of Queensland."


www.news.com.au...


That's a good natural defense there.

Should put some artificial ones all around the coastlines, lol, be a little expensive though.



posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Guys here's some live str4eaming webcams of the Fijian coast if anyones interested

www.fijiwebcam.com...

Cant see anything yet



Um, it looks like someone is moving the camera about or maybe it's automatic?

It just moved to look out to sea and I see waves breaking, I don't know if there's land out there or not....



posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
reply to post by OzWeatherman
 


Kicking up a bit of surf there...


Yeah dont know wether that the Tsunami or wether thats just water breaking on the reef just out there



posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
twitter.com...


CARE Australia staff in Vanuatu report on twitter "can see big wave coming".


[edit on 7-10-2009 by john124]



posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Guys here's some live str4eaming webcams of the Fijian coast if anyones interested

www.fijiwebcam.com...

Cant see anything yet



THANK YOU! Appreciate the effort!



posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Australia staff in Vanuatu report on twitter "can see big wave coming".
New first twitter.com...



posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
Is there any live web video from any MSM outlets right now? Checked them all here in the US and nothing, are there any international news outlets covering this live we can watch via the web?


If you are in the UK or go to a Proxy there (Britain) the following will work for BBC on Firefox:

BBC News 24

also I understand this might help ahem


So Someone Said the Other day

However I would not recommend it or say it was right to do so.

Elf

[edit on 7-10-2009 by MischeviousElf]



new topics

top topics



 
27
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join