It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this theory even plausible(photons, light, matter)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I have a theory that there are 5 stages of matter currently known. solid(wood, ice etc) liquid(liquid water) gas(helium) plasma(lightning) photon/light(self explanatory). the molecules move slower and slower as we go from solid til gas. once we hit plasma, which at such an extreme temperature, the molecules move at hyperspeed. light is the fastest thing currently known. super fast moving particles of matter? or am I dumb to think so.....please give your thoughts.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
If the universe is comprised of Light, Sound, Color and different levels of Density, then all matter is simply energy condensed to slower vibrations by the projection of our collective consciousness.

Nothing is truly solid.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Aside from the metaphysical view of the previous poster, she's spot on. A photon is usually considered to be energy as it doesn't have mass or occupy volume, but as energy as matter are synonymous I can see you point. Plasma doesn't necessarily move faster or hotter, but it is ionized and has a distinct charge.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by blujay

Spoken like a true physicist.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
and to build further on the last reply...(blujay reply)

without movement(-energy) is there only belief (truth) left ?

[edit on 7-10-2009 by pasttheclouds]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
The average kinetic energy of those first four forms of matter do generally increase. Photons are not matter in the same sense as the first four forms are. Photons are the carrier particle for the electro-magnetic force. Everything from radio waves, light, gamma radiation, etc, is carried by photons of various wavelengths and frequency.

Photons are not composed of protons, neutrons, and or electrons as the other forms of matter are, however. They are fundamental particles in the same way a gluon (strong nuclear force), graviton (gravitational force), and bosons (weak nuclear force) are carrier particle for their respective forces.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I hate people who know nothing of physics who come up with brainless theories on this site. Please stop, do some research, present it clearly, and then post on this site. If you are trying to relate mass and energy (light) somebody named Einstein beat you to it.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I agree, you really should do at least enough research to show that you understand the basics of the question you're asking, before asking it.

You could start here:

Are photons massless?

Google can be your friend when asking questions like these.

A lot of knowledge is required to formulate alternate theories. My advice would be to at least learn the current theories well so you can understand enough to have some ideas about how they might be wrong before proposing alternate theories.

Here's a good thread an ATS member wrote on alternate theories for the origin of the universe, and look at all the thought and research he put into this. Read the OP (several posts long), it's a good example for you to follow when proposing alternate theories in my opinion:

The Big Bang Never Happened

In other words, it would be nice to show something to back up your theory in the science section.

On the other hand, if you want to just make up ideas with no research and no proof, there are places on ATS where you can do that, but the science section isn't the right place for that IMO.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
If enough energy is given to any kind of particles they should theoretically approach the speed of light. Here is the problem as we accelerate our mass tends to increase, around the speed of light it should be approach infinity.Right now it is debatable whether photons have mass but for all purposes we assume it to be zero.

Yes also as we supply energy to matter particles do move faster; I am talking about particles (molecules) but their rate of collision increases. What you are asking is related to quantum statistics. If you are really interested look at Bose-Einstein statistics but the concept can be hard to grasp without an extensive background.

I would suggest you start of with a basic physics book. Then go on to modern physics just to grasp the basics, good luck.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   
No. From my studies, there is only light. All that we perceive as particles are complex waveforms of light containing huge amounts of energy. Adding more energy causes the wave systems to expand.

So far this is what I have come to know.

The properties of mass such as weight and inertia arise from a combination of radiation pressure and a Mach principle variant.

top topics

join