It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU draws up plans to establish itself as 'world power'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   

EU draws up plans to establish itself as 'world power'

www.telegraph.co.uk

The European Union has drawn up secret plans to establish itself as a global power in its own right with the authority to sign international agreements on behalf of member states.

A letter conferring a full "legal personality" for the Union has been drafted in order for a new European diplomatic service to be recognised as fully fledged negotiators by international bodies and all non-EU countries...

...the first pilot "embassies" are planned in New York, Kabul and Addis Ababa.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Lovely, just what the planet needs, another mega-power jockying for position.

It will be interesting to see if the EU can really mold itself and its various (and often mutually loathing) cultures into a more well-defined and muscular entity. This also has big implications for the military situation, US bases in Germany, etc.

www.telegraph.co.uk (visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Well, maybe they can take america's role as international policeman.

We can go back to being isolationists again while we build up our own industry again.

Sounds good.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Why not just call it the United States of Europe? The formerly sovereign countries are now the states with a central government controlling everything.

Somehow I don't think this is what the European countries that joined the EU signed up for.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead
Why not just call it the United States of Europe? The formerly sovereign countries are now the states with a central government controlling everything.

Somehow I don't think this is what the European countries that joined the EU signed up for.

Most people in Europe dont know anything about the EU, me included, I have no idea what a European constitution would look like or how it would operate. all I know is that i dont believe the centralization of power is a good thing, especially with Tony Blair at the helm.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

This has been in the making for quite some time. Ever since the 90s, EU has been working itself to be a dominating force. Of course, that's when they can work together and not squabble.

Since the 90s, EUs military force (not individual country's) have been used throughout the world for Police Actions -- mostly in Africa.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
It's almost like they are attempting to mimic the U.S.A.

goeurope.about.com...

Check that out for a land mass comparison

So you could almost think of western Europe's countries as states... or USA's states as countries...

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
hmmm lets see here didnt neo cons draw up a plan to establish americas presence in the world with the pnac document? 1 year later 9/11 happened. should be interesting.

[edit on 7-10-2009 by middleclasssoldier]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Way to make it obvious

How long do we have until we are all living under a 1 world government? 10-20 years? Less? I dunno. Who put together the document do you know? who is it going to benefit directly?

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
One can only hope that a future British administration has the balls to offer a referendum, I have no doubt we British would oppose such an entity.

Regardless of your views on Global Warming, you cannot deny it is a weapon that is being gladly used by those that wish to push global agendas and larger supra national bodies/states etc

Ultimately it will be used to control and tax you, regardless of whether it is a legitimate concern, that will be the end game

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
It’s really just like a bad penny that keeps turning up. The European Union is much about reestablishing the authority and hegemony of the Netherlands and France over Europe proper. These formerly dominating colonial powers and Holy Roman Monarchies wish to as always translate their wealth and history into the power to dominate and control the European political landscape. To likewise control the masses that live in those areas and to profit off of that control.

Ultimately that first is always the most deadly and that first step was the people’s of Europe being sold and a unifying currency to ‘elevate’ their economic clout and posterity. Of course the relatively bi-cameral legislature and legislative process comes next. It’s a democracy after all! Of course it’s limited in its power and scope to legislate and enforce over a collection of independent minded states at first. It’s just a matter of time though like it was here in the United States until State’s Rights are wiped out in favor of Federal Rights and the bi-cameral legislature is given more latitude and authority to legislate and impose and enforce. Then it’s just a matter of time until the Chief Executive is given the bulk of the power to dictate, just like here in the United States.

Looks like a democracy, talks like a democracy, even tries to create the illusion of a democracy but ends up smelling and acting like a Monarchy and Dictatorship run by the Chief Executive with any dissent just being given basic lip service as they are labeled fringe and terrorist elements by an all powerful intrusive police state.

It worked out great with wonderful results from a control and profit standpoint here in the United States it only makes sense that the oligarchs and surviving and still reigning royals and nobles would want to remake a unified and enslaved Europe in this image.

People just never get the serious nature of that first step, how one step leads to another, which leads to another, which leads to another and the beast they were tricked into foolishly creating takes on a dominating life and power of its own.

Our governments as usual are going to be the death of us all and the death of all we hold near and dear. They are parasitical and tyrannical bodies that terrorize with their power to consume and feed nonstop to sustain and grow themselves.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

I will not hold my breathe for that one, look what the Labour Governement done, promised to hold a referendum then backtracked, once they obtained office. I do not see the tories holding a referendum either. By the time the G/E comes and goes, it will be too late for any British Government to do anything, unless, the UK is pulled out of the EU altogether, which is not going to happen.

[edit on 8-10-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
I will not hold my breathe for that one, look what the Labour Governement done, promised to hold a referendum then backtracked, once they obtained office. I do not see the tories holding a referendum either. By the time the G/E comes and goes, it will be too late for any British Government to do anything, unless, the UK is pulled out of the EU altogether, which is not going to happen.

yes, I don't trust the Tories either- mind you, I believe sooner or later we in the UK will leave the EU, at present that departure can be peaceful and political, in my view there will be a time when such a departure will only happen through civil strife and insurgency- better we leave while the first option remains...............

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
reply to post by blueorder

I was just listening to Cameron's conference speech and he gave the EU a bit of a bashing, so we'll have to see. Still, never trust a politician.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Exactly, they say one thing, then when they are elected into office, they do the exact opposite of what they promise or they go back on thier word.

As the old saying goes, you can never change the spots of a leopard or is that a cat,

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItIsWhatItIs
It's almost like they are attempting to mimic the U.S.A.

goeurope.about.com...

Check that out for a land mass comparison

So you could almost think of western Europe's countries as states... or USA's states as countries...

I love American propaganda!

That map only show half of Sweden
- Finland, Poland and the baltic states are missing, and what about Greece, Bulgaria, Romania? they are missing too!

That map is only showing half of the EU - the old western EU
europa.eu...

And if you would count whole of Europe's area, when a big part of Russia also would be included you get this:

• Area - USA - 9.372.614 km²

• Area - Europe - 10.180.000 km2

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 8-10-2009 by Chevalerous]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by guppy

Since the 90s, EUs military force (not individual country's) have been used throughout the world for Police Actions -- mostly in Africa.

This action does bring to mind the Military of the European Union which is almost non existent presently (or is a limited police force?).

If the EU ever becomes a viable legal entity as this article suggests it still will be a long while before it irons out all the political difficulties involved in a united military force! It's going to be fun watching this ones. Imagine the Brits, Germans, French, Dutch, etc. agreeing on military matters!

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
EU, world power? maybe for a little while, sounds like the new Holy Roman empire to me. Except, you know without the holy part lol. Even the old one I would not call holy, all nations are monsters in the true sense of the word.

top topics

join