It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Generate Your Own Barcode

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Given that today is the 57th anniversary of the bar code, I found this and wanted to share.

blogs.discovery.com...

Today marks the 57th anniversary of the first patent of the barcode. It was patented by Norman Woodland and Bernard Silver, who sold the patent before the industry standard UPC ever took off. The Telegraph has a nice history piece here as does HowStuffworks.

Personally, I couldn't believe that the bar code was invented soooo long ago and that it's still in such wide use today. And what's more, the concept for the bar code has been adopted by modern technologies, such as RFID tags, pet microchipping and location-tracking technology for streamlining supply chains.

To mark the anniversary, Google's search page has it's name in bar code type. You can do the same and generate your own barcode by clicking on the link.

Generate Your Own Barcode

Enjoy!

[edit on 7-10-2009 by Aggie Man]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Thanks but I created my own last night.

Giving this thread a bump.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Thanks but I created my own last night.

Giving this thread a bump.

Thanks for the bump! I think given a little attention to this thread, we can all have some fun with this.

I have a friend, although it has been a few years, who had his SS# generated on a barcode and had it tattooed on his neck....OUCH!

[edit on 7-10-2009 by Aggie Man]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Hmmm, one step closer to the shape of things to come.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   

top topics

join