It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

inside the mind of a manic depressive..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
sex- to find a motivation, then a lot of exercise, clearance from the drugs and toxins, water, healthy food, work, sex again, better looking girls etc etc etc

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I too suffer from depression and occasionaly have manic bouts of hsyteria and anxiety. I understand what you are going through, but i abandoned my medication after my first prescription as it made me worse.

I suggest venting your feelings into an art form. I occasionaly, draw, paint and make music when i'm both depressed and when i'm feeling hysterical. Some of my favourite pieces of music i have ever made where composed when i was ill.

Exercise, fresh air and sunshine greatly help. Even if you have no motivation, just walk around the block and breathe in the air. Staying indoors and becoming agoraphobic does not help you.

Listen to music and TRY and stay positive. Try and think 'yeah i'm feeling like crap, but at least i have luxuries in my life' - some people don't have anything.

These are various techniques that have helped me over come my depression at least.

In regards to my mania. It's harder to control that than anything else (at least for me). But it's about keeping cool. Head strong and wise.

Also don't suffer fools. People can drag you down. Don't let them, remain strong and open minded.

Peace

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
dont smoke and drink too much its going to unbalance ur mood and sleep enough.
dont dwell in the past and push the troubles in ur head for fun and success.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

i am constantly drawing and listening to music. my precious frank zappa helps me through some rough times.
i used to play guitar but now it is just sitting there collecting dust.
i draw a lot of tattoo stencils for people i know or for people that know the people i know....there is a mouthfull.

sometimes it is a relief to be in the hospital. there you get to see a doctor every day. the nurses are constantly checking up on you. they monitor my meds...it's like a place i can go to decompress.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Didn't Anna-Marie Duke ('Patty') suffer from this dreaded condition for decades before she was diagnosed? (no thanks to those psychotic goons, the Ross's --her drug-hazed managers that she was forced to live with as a kid---but that's another story !)

I wonder if she [or her website] would offer links for any manic depressive psychosis sufferers?

Anna ("Patty") Duke is a star example of how someone who lived through this hellish existence for so long (often in the public eye, which could only have made matters even worse for her) could come out of it intact and whole--and wiling to help others work their way out of this condition of recurring 'living hell'.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I thought I was bipolar til I figured it was alcoholism. One day I was spinning out of control crying to my sponsor about being psychotic. Had about 5-6 weeks in AA. He said...you arent psychotic...you are neurotic and have alcoholism. He has always said that alcoholics go up and down alot.

So I went and looked up neurosis...

...anxiety, sadness or depression, anger, irritability, mental confusion, low sense of self-worth, etc., behavioral symptoms such as phobic avoidance, vigilance, impulsive and compulsive acts, lethargy, etc., cognitive problems such as unpleasant or disturbing thoughts, repetition of thoughts and obsession, habitual fantasizing, negativity and cynicism, etc. Interpersonally, neurosis involves dependency, aggressiveness, perfectionism, schizoid isolation, socio-culturally inappropriate behaviors, etc

Cant imagine why the pharmaceutical companies and scholars took neurotic/neurosis out of the DSM4 >> $$$$$

Bipolar is kinda the cadillac of mental disorders nowadays. Psychiatrists hand it out like candy.

Besides in this day and age with the world and our culture being the way it is...it's more than likely perfectly normal to be neurotic and have these symptoms

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by superluminal11

i don't know if i'd go so far to say it's normal to have these symptoms.
it's a crappy way to live man.....trust me

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by superluminal11

Yeh thats a pretty crappy way of looking at it, its like saying doctors who label people with Dementia do so because its the "norm", I saw my Grandma die from that disease and its far from the textbook label they classed her as. By the end of her days she was lying in bed staring at the ceiling 24/7 having to have her clothes changed because she urinated/soiled herself, you could scream in her face and she wouldnt have batted a eyelid.

Bi-Polar is the same, its far from the "hollywood-esque" label you see on TV, it happens to REAL people, people DO go psychotic because of it, I know because I nearly have myself but luckily managed to pull myself from the abyss before it was too late, though im still going to suffer mildly (all my life) from it.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
They say everything has a yin/yang or a positive and negative.

What do you other guys with this illness like me would say might be a positive. Just askin as interested.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I understand that you are Bipolar. I am Bipolar also.

But it doesn't mean you can be lazy. Or lay in bed in the fetal position staring into nothingness all day when you are super depressed.

Get up and do something about it. Exercise.

Don't be lazy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join