It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do YOU do to prevent government brainwash?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
When I brush my teeth, instead of using toothpaste, I just use salt. Sure, my breath might stink (if it's really important I MIGHT use mouthwash... or just drink a little vodka hehe)

When I shower, I don't use shampoo or conditioner (again, unless it's really important)

When I drink water, I ruefully think of ways to thwart any government plans to put psychoactive agents in my water... but I still haven't found a way

I don't watch television.

I don't listen to radio.

I read books and EDUCATE MYSELF!

I engage purposefully in recreational activities that TPTB have deemed illegal for me and my fellow men and women, but responsibly.... exactly the type of person they don't want to be doing such things. They either want total dependence, or total abstinence.... however it should be realized that responsibility is the key to doing anything.

I DO NOT eat junk food! I DO NOT eat meat that has not been hunted (and am mostly a vegetarian)

I try to buy food from local farmers, from the farmers market and whenever i can, i get pesticide/msg free/what-have-you free food. this is not always possible, unfortunately...

I GROW MY OWN FOOD! I grow tomatoes and peppers and strawberries... yes, it's minimal, VERY minimal, but every little bit helps.

I do not buy my beer. it's very easy actually to make beer, takes a while, yes, but in the end its not only cheaper, but you feel more satisfied getting drunk off beer that YOU YOURSELF have made

List your ways of combating TPTB against your mind and body

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
All you can do is hope they do not go after your life.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
That's awfully cynical. I'd like to think it's at least possible to slow down their complete control over mind+body.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
As long as you can still ask 'WHY?' your brain is safe.

I on the other hand am a news junkie. Sure it can get a little depressing but it helps to make better choices.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
They are going to control you by making you use shampoo
. That’s just gross man. No offense but who really knows, maybe those vaccines you got when you were a child had nanobots in them and they are controlling you right now
. Seriously though good for to you having a healthier life style, but what’s so bad watching TV, there’s a lot of good comedy on there, you should try it out sometime.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Sacrosanct

I don't watch TV news, and only watch a few TV shows.

I also do what I can to investigate stories from many angles.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull
They are going to control you by making you use shampoo
. That’s just gross man. No offense but who really knows, maybe those vaccines you got when you were a child had nanobots in them and they are controlling you right now
. Seriously though good for to you having a healthier life style, but what’s so bad watching TV, there’s a lot of good comedy on there, you should try it out sometime.

Well to be honest, I just put that in there because I'm not entirely SURE about shampoo. You never know WHAT they put in these commercial products, and I don't believe soaking your scalp in 'cleansing' material can be alogether healthy anyways....

I used to watch TV, sure there's good comedy on television, but there's comedy all around. I like to think of my entire life as nothing but a comedy, I make people laugh... I can read funny books if I'd like to. The Sirens of Titan was the last funny book I read I just finished it not 3 weeks ago. Quite possible one of the most humorous books I've read to date.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I find a tin foil hat works perfectly for stopping the government brain washing me. It allows you to carry on as usual. if you'd like one i can send you instructions for a small fee. believe me they work

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I just let it all in, in the end of the day, I know who it is that wakes up, gets me dressed and out the door. It's not the Government. As long as I can move my hand in the direction of my choosing, I am free.

The day the government moves it for me, all is lost.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreDreaming
I just let it all in, in the end of the day, I know who it is that wakes up, gets me dressed and out the door. It's not the Government. As long as I can move my hand in the direction of my choosing, I am free.

The day the government moves it for me, all is lost.

But you're getting dressed (more likely than not) to go out into a world where other people are dressed and heading out the door to go to work, most likely for the government, in which you will go through the motions until the end of the day come back home, do some leisurely activity wake up the next morning dress yourself and out the door you go once again.

The government doesn't have to directly tell you to get dressed, you COULD very well go to work in the nude, but in everyones moral compass such an idea is grossly unethical. This, my friend, is brainwash. They don't have to tell you what to do, because you tell yourself what to do... they can tell you what to tell yourself to do, though...

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I read it all, watch it all, hear it all, both sides, if there is still such a thing, but i have a God given gift that i can pick and chose and block things and somehow resume to normal life.

What is normal?????

I like to sit in my chair, put my feet up,, put my headphones on and tune into some good show and ignore EVERYTHING else.....

If ihave enough with that show, i move onto the next one....I have a gift.
I DONT BELIEVE ANYTHING.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
No offence, but I think you're WAY too paranoid.

I eat what I want, watch what I want, drink what I want and shampoo my hair!

At the end of the day, it's up to the individual to realise that something they're doing/watching/using is having a negative effect on them, and stopping it.

The day I watch BBC News and believe every single word of it, I'll stop watching it.
The day I eat a McDonald's and suddenly feal compulsed to work for the government, I'll stop eating there.
The day I wash my hair and feel government mini-bots going into my brain, I'll stop using it.

KJ

[edit for typo]

[edit on 7-10-2009 by suicide__x]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by suicide__x

But if those people choose to do that, with there freewill let them. Its upto the person,a nd it should always be upto the person.

By the way if the government want to use you they will, no matter what you say or think.

The best slave, is the one who thinks he or she is free.

All of us only have so much freedom in this world, and i think people have every right to question, what is being done to them.

My life has shown that people behind the scenes are ruining lifes, and on purpose wrecking people. So if it is being done to me, its being done to others.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I won't deny that I am not social engineered by many ages of social control facing not only us in a modern civilized world, but haunting us from our ancestral legacy of manipulated and socially engineered humans.

Mind control, social control is well over 2,000 years old and to this date we are all still struggling in its horrific web.

That said, we are still free willed, and that has yet to be fully controlled is all I am saying.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
1. I don't believe anything they tell us.

2. I check out ATS for a differnet view on whats going on.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Maybe I am too paranoid...

But aren't we all? Isn't that our common vantage point here at ATS? Better to be paranoid and safe, than to think you're safe.... and not be.

Yeah, I get that a lot in real life too. "Ew, you dirty scumbag why don't you shower EVERY DAY like YOU'RE TOLD TO!" I don't feel the need to shower everyday. I don't see the point in it. I hear people talk to each other, and talk to me about how if they DO NOT shower every day they 'feel dirty'. That is ridiculous. I would hate to be them in the middle ages when people could shower perhaps once a year, if they were well off. This new age of hygiene is really actually quite disconcerting to me, because I think we're taking this sort of cleanliness to such a level that once that 'right' (more like a privilege) is taken away from us we will somehow feel less human....

It just strikes me as very strange that not until the last couple of decades have we taken hygiene to such an extreme level, with seemingly nobody contesting it...

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

When I was a kid you had a bath once a week.

Now I shower every morning and some peeps shower more than that.

Your right that we clean to much.

Its one of the reasons there is a rise in superbugs. All this cleaning with disinfectant simple breeds new bugs resistant to these products.

And kids nowadays have no way to build immunity to bugs and viruses because they don't come into contact with them.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

I respect your opinion.

I'm one of those people where, if I don't shower everyday, I do feel dirty. Not because I've been told to wash every day but because I've always done it by choice.

There's nothing wrong with being wary.. but I think when it reaches paranoia, it's a problem.

KJ

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Hygiene is important to one’s health. You can do whatever you want It don’t matter to me. But if you don’t shower, what do you use not to smell. You definitely won’t wear deodorant if your afraid of shampoo. So to other people around you, you should shower everyday for their sakes, so they don’t have to smell BO.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   

I don't watch certain channels.
I don't listen to certain radio stations.
I don't read most news sites/papers
I try not to pay attention to stupid tabloids, commercials etc. while on the street.
I try to eat healthy. I'm a dedicated meat-eater (not fat 'tho), but trying to change.

I meditate. Listen to music. A lot. I pretty much shut the outside world off, because it seems to be going into hell in a bucket.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join