It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Michael Salla : ETs Among Us

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by converge

In science until something is proven all previous knowledge prevails. Not disproving it doesn't mean that it's real. Otherwise everything that couldn't be disproved would have the same weight has things that have been proven. And that's illogical.

However I can see from your post that you have little regards for science and the scientific method. Which is a shame, not only because I think these are things the field needs more of, but also because it's a conversation stopper for people, like myself, who have high regards for things such as logic.

In actual fact, I have a great regard for the scientific method...and for logic, however, I do not concede that either are the be all and end all. As a non-scientist, I am not encumbered by the scientific method in the same way that you might be. I am free to go out on a limb, and I think that in this subject, this falls in my favour. This is not to say that I will not amend my theories once science is able to quantify the phenomenon, I will, and no doubt so will Dr. Salla, and Steven Basset (Greer is another matter). However, quantifying something does not make it true, truth exists a priori. Unfortunately for science, the scientific method requires evidence and there is more than enough evidence to conclude that the best evidence is being withheld--by government, by private interests etc. This is a conundrum that befalls material science, not social science.

I have no doubt that given enough data and information, science and logic will help us to understand the universe one day. In the meantime, it makes sense to me to make preparations, as best we can, for the day when contact with an advanced race occurs--this is what exopolitics purports to do.

<< 1   >>

join