It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The HERO's are coming Home - and they are pissed

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wimbly
Its clear they have an agenda

Organizations have agendas.

You find this surprising?

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
American troops in Afghanistan losing heart, say army chaplains

American soldiers serving in Afghanistan are depressed and deeply disillusioned, according to the chaplains of two US battalions that have spent nine months on the front line in the war against the Taleban.

Many feel that they are risking their lives — and that colleagues have died — for a futile mission and an Afghan population that does nothing to help them, the chaplains told The Times in their makeshift chapel on this fortress-like base in a dusty, brown valley southwest of Kabul.

“The many soldiers who come to see us have a sense of futility and anger about being here. They are really in a state of depression and despair and just want to get back to their families,” said Captain Jeff Masengale, of the 10th Mountain Division’s 2-87 Infantry Battalion.

“They feel they are risking their lives for progress that’s hard to discern,” said Captain Sam Rico, of the Division’s 4-25 Field Artillery Battalion. “They are tired, strained, confused and just want to get through.” The chaplains said that they were speaking out because the men could not.

Mind if I share this?

www.timesonline.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amagnon

I guess they are so young, and so filled with US war movies and propaganda they have no idea of reality at all.

This is because Hollywood has glorified war and martyrs and heroes. And, since soldiers must supress any sign of PTSD (or face extreme consequences) the truth is not often told.

How can they not understand what they are going to participate in, and the personal impact it is going to have?

When signing up during peacetime, it may be in the back of their mind that war is a very remote possibility.

Just like any sales maneuver, the positive is emphasized. Recruiters promote the personal benefits and 'all you get'. You have job security...a place to work everyday, a weekly paycheck, housing, discount goods at the BX, world travel, college education, etc.

Soldier wanna-be's are mesmerized by something in the dangling carrot that appeals to a need they have.

The media lies and propaganda I guess is the answer - and this idea that the US military is such a wonderful thing - its all BS and lies, and these young men just swallow it up.

Sure media lies and corporations trick you.
We are finding out now that in many things we have signed onto there has been a lack of full disclosure. Maybe we never even knew there was a contract behind it. Drivers license, birth certificate, car titles....

As with most all contracts what YOU think it means may be very different from the way the GENIE interprets it....you know how they always make a nasty trick of things at the end!

But there comes a time when you must realize your own personal responsibility in all of this and quit playing the blame game.

It is said "Everyone has their price."

For this guy, his price was the promise of a college education. For that, he would kill.

(But due to cognative dissonance he did not put that association together in his mind. )

In the videos he is still a bit peeved that he didn't get his expected reward after all he did for it.

I know those last words are harsh; but I say them because I hope the impact will cause others to see their own responsibility in accepting "carrot on a stick" deals.

It is usually our own greed, selfishness, or desires that causes us to look beyond the unpleasantness we must do in order to obtain the reward.

It will be used on the masses very soon, too, as the NWO will promise great things of restoring earth to Paradise conditions. The catch is that 80% of the population must be anhiliated in order for the chosen few to have this. And many people will go along with killing off those they deem to be "less worthy".

Beware carrots. They are only promises and visions. Keep you eye on the carrot and do not look what you must trample under your feet to get it. Chances are, that if you do finally catch up with that carrot, you will find that what appealed to the eye is bitter on the tongue.

link   
double post. My apologies.

[edit on 8-10-2009 by Alethea]

link   
not sure how these multiple posts happened. Apologies.

[edit on 8-10-2009 by Alethea]

link   

I guess they are so young, and so filled with US war movies and propaganda they have no idea of reality at all.

This is because Hollywood has glorified war and martyrs and heroes. And, since soldiers must supress any sign of PTSD (or face extreme consequences) the truth is not often told.

How can they not understand what they are going to participate in, and the personal impact it is going to have?

When signing up during peacetime, it may be in the back of their mind that war is a very remote possibility.

Just like any sales maneuver, the positive is emphasized. Recruiters promote the personal benefits and 'all you get'. You have job security...a place to work everyday, a weekly paycheck, housing, discount goods at the BX, world travel, college education, etc.

Soldier wanna-be's are mesmerized by something in the dangling carrot that appeals to a need they have.

The media lies and propaganda I guess is the answer - and this idea that the US military is such a wonderful thing - its all BS and lies, and these young men just swallow it up.

Sure media lies and corporations trick you.
We are finding out now that in many things we have signed onto there has been a lack of full disclosure. Maybe we never even knew there was a contract behind it. Drivers license, birth certificate, car titles....

As with most all contracts what YOU think it means may be very different from the way the GENIE interprets it....you know how they always make a nasty trick of things at the end!

But there comes a time when you must realize your own personal responsibility in all of this and quit playing the blame game.

It is said "Everyone has their price."

For this guy, his price was the promise of a college education. For that, he would kill.

(But due to cognative dissonance he did not put that association together in his mind. )

In the videos he is still a bit peeved that he didn't get his expected reward after all he did for it.

I know those last words are harsh; but I say them because I hope the impact will cause others to see their own responsibility in accepting "carrot on a stick" deals.

It is usually our own greed, selfishness, or desires that causes us to look beyond the unpleasantness we must do in order to obtain the reward.

It will be used on the masses very soon, too, as the NWO will promise great things of restoring earth to Paradise conditions. The catch is that 80% of the population must be anhiliated in order for the chosen few to have this. And many people will go along with killing off those they deem to be "less worthy".

Beware carrots. They are only promises and visions. Keep you eye on the carrot and do not look what you must trample under your feet to get it. Chances are, that if you do finally catch up with that carrot, you will find that what appealed to the eye is bitter on the tongue.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by crustas

Well in America, we just turn off the money supply and the armed forces gets filled... this time its different... something is different about what uncle sam is doing... its like you get out of the armed services you are a terrorist now... isnt that nice of them...

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roadblockx

Oh yeah, I forgot about the Tennessee Mascare where our soliders shot all those protesters...

usgovinfo.about.com...

Where did they get these?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2d25710d7072.jpg[/atsimg]

And my avatar? Not artsy-fartsy enough for you?

[edit on 9-10-2009 by PSUSA]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by PSUSA

Aww, you beat me to it. Also, lets not forget about kent state. And the Japanese-American citizens rounded up in concentration camps. Or the gun confiscations of Katrina.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join