It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

300 pupils off sick at flu school

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

A quarter of pupils at a West Lothian High school are off sick, some of them suffering from flu-like symptoms.

About 300 Linlithgow Academy pupils have called in sick over the past few days, with 14 now confirmed as having swine flu.

More than 100 have been showing symptoms of the virus.

West Lothian Council has written to all parents as a precautionary measure but it stressed there were no plans to close schools in the area.

NHS Lothian said most people were likely to experience mild symptoms.

[edit on 7-10-2009 by john124]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I live in Virginia and my daughter also has Swine Flu. She has obviously been sick with it since Friday and I thought it was just the Crud stuff going around. Her symptoms are mild but she has a bad cough and fever. Yesteray when I took her to the doctor he said that they were inandated with sick children with swine flu. They are not even testing for it anymore unless the symptoms are severe. Friday and Monday her class was down to 7 children out of 18! They have even closed one school in my area because of the outbreak. My daughters symptoms are fever, bad cough, congestion, aching, headache and diarhea. Get ready....because we are only seeing the beginning! I hope that my daughter will build up the immunity to it after she recovers so I do not even have to consider giving her the vaccine. I do not feel good about the vaccine.

Also, I was very surprised by the attitude by her school on the Swine Flu outbreak. They are acting as it is no big deal that over 50% of their students are now ill with flulike symptoms!

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Starseed32

We won't know whether it was some other flu or swine flu, as they don't test anymore. How will we even know the swine flu figures? They will be greatly overestimated! Seems like in the next few weeks most of the kids susceptible will be getting swine flu.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Starseed32

Take care of your child and make sure she is breathing well and keep the humidifier going.

As for the school is not much they can do about it, just let the parents know and wait for the students to be better enough to comeback.

top topics

join