It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's are Real!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Yes, UFOs do exist, Japans top government spokesman said on Tuesday.

The comment was made by chief cabinet secretary Nobutaka Machimura before dozens of reporters at his regular briefing on government policy.

Earlier the cabinet, responding to an opposition lawmakers question, issued a statement saying it could not confirm any cases of unidentified flying objects.

This is an issue that the nation is interested in — it is a defence issue and a confirmation operation needs to take place, Ryuji Yamane, a lawmaker from the main opposition Democratic Party who submitted the question to the cabinet, told Reuters.
Machimura, asked about the governments view on UFOs at a regular press conference, told reporters that the government is still investigating hundreds of sightings and it will be followed by an official announcement when the GOVERNMENT is ready to go PUBLIC with all the evidence they have accumulated as of now.

Edit for Youtube video

Just in case:
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 7-10-2009 by Tapped In]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Mods: Can you please help me with the YouTube Video. This is credible information that should be seen.

Thanks!

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Quite interesting...I think by now that 90% of the population KNOWS that UFOs are real...The REAL issue and point of debate is who is piloting them?

I have to say I am excited with all of the foreign countries coming forward and at least being more free with discussing the subject. Exciting times we are living in IMHO.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Tapped In

I believe the video was a respost. The original video footage was from, I believe, 2007?

You'll have to check the background on it...

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

I have to say I am excited with all of the foreign countries coming forward and at least being more free with discussing the subject. Exciting times we are living in IMHO.

Thanks for helping with the post. I see what to do now for the next time. I agree with you. These are pretty exciting times.

I'm using the title of this post as the title on my radio show tomorrow. I can't wait to freak out my listeners.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
UFOs being declared real is no shocking news. UFO simply means unidentified flying object. As long as someone sees something in the sky he or she cannot identify, it is a UFO.

I'm not sure where did you get the information that "on Tuesday" this was announced. A simple Google search for "Nobutaka Machimura" +ufo shows that this was announced in 2007.

[edit on 7-10-2009 by converge]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by converge

Thanks for your simple analysis... Can always count on ATS for the rib pokers...

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Tapped In

Well if you read that BBC News article I linked, you can read this:

But it emphasised that the government was not aware of cases where a UFO from space had been discovered.

So it's apparent that to me he was talking about UFOs in the general sense.

But hey, don't get me wrong. It's always good to see an elected official come forward and admit that something obvious is real heh.

Hopefully it could help seed the notion that if they are real and unidentified that perhaps someone should, I don't know, investigate it

[edit on 7-10-2009 by converge]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by converge

I believe you, and others on this thread, are quite wrong. He plainly meant UFO´s as alien ships, else he would not have added "its a sensitive subject, also because of fear of aliens".

This is a very interesting video, regardless of date!

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Of course Unidentified Flying Objects are real.. where have you been?

I didn't know this was debated as fact or fiction.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rikhart
I believe you, and others on this thread, are quite wrong. He plainly meant UFO´s as alien ships, else he would not have added "its a sensitive subject, also because of fear of aliens".

The way I interpret that (notice the also) is that some UFOs could be of alien origin.

If he meant UFOs as alien ships as you put it, and only that, why do you think he makes the distinction?

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by converge

Originally posted by Rikhart

The way I interpret that (notice the also) is that some UFOs could be of alien origin.

If he meant UFOs as alien ships as you put it, and only that, why do you think he makes the distinction?

Just the way I interpreted the limited translation, really. Just wish I knew japanese!

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
thanx for posting a hoax and not investigating it! thanx1

new topics

top topics

join