It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do I Add a hotlink to a video or site?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
PLease help.
I have started a thread and I can't figure out how to add a hot link for a video (off google) or to a site with info.

My thread looks like a damn mess now.

Any guidance or the proper way would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
N8

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
For google and youtube videos, you put the last bit of the url into tags (provided on the upper right hand side of the reply box)

for instance, this youtube video ht tp://www.you tube.com/watch ?v=BNQLmHKlmiE link borken to give example)

If you copied the bit after the = sign. So in this case it would be
BNQLmHKlmiE

and wrap the [yvid] tags around it like so
(different brackets used so you can see how it should look) The video will come up on the screen like

That^

Same goes for google videos

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by platipus
when you click "post a reply" or "make a topic" do you make any sense of the buttons?
easy, there's no need for that. It's a simple question which deserves a simple answer. Smugness is, well, uncalled for.

It's very easy when you know how, but not easy when you don't know how. And how does someone know how to do something they are unsure of if they don't ask?

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Good for the videos but how do i add a link that goes directly to a certain site?

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ontariocanada
Good for the videos but how do i add a link that goes directly to a certain site?

you can paste the http link directly like this:

solar-system-astronomy.suite101.com...

or you can click the "globe" icon which will prompt you for a name of the link, then click ok and it will prompt you for the http address.

Geology of the Moon's Surface Features

Both links go to the same place, just different formats.

To see what the page looks like before posting it, click "quote" for this post, and you can see what is written in bbcode instead of what is displayed.

top topics

join