It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What ATS Member Would You Like To See In Political Office?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I have been here on ATS for just about four years now and I have heard many stories, theories, versions of many different conspiracies, politicians, and government entities, but I have never, ever seen this before that I can remember on ATS.

Let's start talking about which ATS members you think would make an excellent politician, why you would vote for them based on your political views of them, and as well what particular office you think they could and would hold.

This is open to the whole gamut of everyone here on ATS, Administration, Super-Moderators, Moderators, F.S.M.E.'s, regular members, old members, new members, banned members, the entire website is open on the political platform arena.

Here is the twist in this :

1)The ATS member cannot be yourself you place in any political postion.

2)You cannot place this member in an office to get favors (Flags, Stars, and D.I.G.G.'s).

3)The ATS member has to be someone not already on your friends list.

4)The ATS member has to have a clear political affliation, Democrat, Republican, Libertarian, Independent, etc.

5)This ATS member cannot be told in advance you are putting them up for political office.

6)This ATS member needs to have a clear political ideology.

I think this should be an interesting topic for people because they have to actually think about other people, their political ideology, and focus on someone other than themselves, their particular group of friends, takes them through the whole gamut of inside the box, outside the box, and smash the box and start over from the beginning because this should not be quite so easy because the outlined set of standrads makes it so they cannot focus on themselves.

I will have to think about this and come back with my thought on who I would recoomend because by my own standards I just eliminated everyone on my friends list and I have to examine exactly who I might think would be a good politician.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Sorry. Can't do it.
The first person that popped into my head when I read the title was "TheLibra" but that person is on my friends list for a reason.
Not nominating him because he's a friend but because he is knowledgeable about political issues and level-headed.
Remove the "no friends" restriction and TheLibra would be my choice.
Also, since people in the highest positions of the political arena tend to be figure-heads more than activists, I would prefer the worthy politicians to be undersecretaries. The ones that actually come up with the ideas and get things done rather than the glad-handing smooth talkers that have to go ask someone else what to do.

Nice idea for a thread, btw.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

Thank you.

My reason behind making the restriction about the no friends list, was because I am demonstrating just how hard it might be to pick someone without knowing them as a friend first.

I can respect your answer as well.

By stating it that way I as well made sure I was taken out of the equation from people I know who might post on here, who might recommend me, because this thread is not about me, it is about ATS, it's members, and the people at large.

[edit on 7-10-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Easy.

SkepticOverlord and Springer.

The yin and yang of those two would kick some serious butt in a unrigged political arena.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Hmmm...

How 'bout I Foe a Friend
just fer the sake of my vote, for:

ProtoplasmicTraveler
www.abovetopsecret.com...

or...

ProfEmeritus

Both are very knowledgeable individuals...

personable...wise...well versed...logical...ect...

Hail Caesar!!!

And maybe GreenBicMan as their Wall St Crony Czar...

Oh...gotta have a Panic Sex Czar...

pluckynoonez

[edit on 10/7/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Other than myself that's a hard choice.

Based on some of the comments on a thread I was reading yesterday, not many of you would be ideal.

I'm speaking of the thread about "what I should look out for when I go to jail."

A lot of you seem to have been in the can and this has changed my perspective about this site.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I say Internos for president.
Second line.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by GAOTU789
Easy.

SkepticOverlord and Springer.

The yin and yang of those two would kick some serious butt in a unrigged political arena.

Good choice, GAOTU789.

Above board by far two people who would go far.

How would you guarantee the election was not rigged though?

Not by SO or Springer, mind you, but by their opponents?

I said something along those lines, it was SO and me, running for the White House.

Cheney / Palin in 2012: Dream Ticket : Half Nightmare and Half Fantasy

It was jokingly in defense of the above threads main ideas.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Well, for all your list, I would have to say good choices, but panic sex is not my thing.

Nothing like that might lead to political scandals, and we all know the infamous Bill Clinton, don't we?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e66d5d87fb59.jpg[/atsimg]

I think this thread is off to a good start with some humorous answers, so far.

What positions would you pick for them?

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DazE777

I never saw that thread.

You can always come back later if you want.

I would say if someone has been to jail, that gives them insight into "conspiracy theories" a bit, wouldn't you?

Not condoning criminal actions, but politics is full of criminals, we just don't catch them.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ahamarlin
I say Internos for president.
Second line.

I don't know Internos, but something about the name, leads towards my previous post about Bill Clinton.

Something or other about interns...

Hope everyone who has someone recommend sees it as a worthwhile compliment.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
may I suggest

I only want at least these six quality's in any govermental office holder .

1)they beleive in people . they are trusting in the people around them to handle things with out goverments involvement .
B) goverment is a ref , a judge , not a player . goverment is not here to do stuff , " I beleive that the magority of people are honest , hard working , capable and good natured . "

2) they are clearly unqualified by any measure of experaince , training ,or education . I dont want a person who knows how to control or govern ! I want some one who doesn't know how the system of goverment works , and little intrest in learning how it can work effectivly .

3) unqualified at keeping secrets , inept at lieing , I want some one who can't lie to save their life . quite frankly , a moron , or low grade retarded person who is honest because they can't remember the lie they need to tell .

4)some one that will say out loud with words , " I don't have a plan ! .
I have not one tiny clue what I need to do for you , you tell me what goverment needs to do to get out of your way . "

5) not any legal back ground at all... not the tiny clue about corts , or legal procedure ... but a long record of speeding tickets , parking tickets , failure to appear warrents , DUII , devorce , seat belt violations , tail light tickets , and civil land lord cases .

6) some one that can say out loud with words , " there is not a single thing wrong wih the constition if we just do what it says "
I was in the [ marines , army , navy , air force ] and served for [ years) ... and was honorably discharged .

or says " the least goverment is the best goverment . lets protect personal rights , and the country will take care of it self . "

...and most important of all ...

transparent

6) you tell them what the plan is , and they are going to spill the beans .

I want a gosip ! some one who loves to tell storys out of school .
you put them on a committee , they are going to tell the world what the deals are , what happens behind the closed doors .

a blabber mouth , a person who likes to tell everything they know , the moment they know it ! to any one who will lisen .

... and if you tell them what the programm is... and they might just get mad and tell you... " who the %$#$@&^ do you think your talking to ! I am not going to go along .

frankly , I don't care how pretty they are , what smart things they say , or how wise they are ...

I want a person who will cut budgets , close down programms and pass the laws that are clear and simple .

I want them to lisen , and not tell .

I want a person who see's eleted office as a kool job that won't last , and then they go back to working at a REAL job !

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I don't really think it is intelligent to nominate somebody that you don't know personally.

That's the whole problem with representative democracy. There is no representation anymore, because nobody knows whose agenda serves who.

I think for such a system to work, and by such a system I mean democracy in general, than those in power should personally know the people they are there to represent. Like Athens in 400 BC.

In any case I would nominate Skeptic and Springer based on their political threads and overall good sense of how things should be run.

Scratch that last one, upon further inspection, You SpartanKingLeonidas would also do a wonderful job..

~Keeper

[edit on 10/7/2009 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Elevatedone has my vote. I stumbled upon his profile page and found a list of rules he would implement. Well here they are.

(1) Press 1 for English is immediately banned. English is the official language, speak it or wait at the border until you can.
(2) We will immediately go into a two-year isolationist posture to straighten out the country's attitude. NO imports, no exports. We will use the 'Walmart' policy 'If we ain't got it, you don't need it.'
(3) When imports are allowed, there will be a 100% import tax on it.
(4) All retired military personnel will be required to man one of our many observation towers on the southern border. (six month tour) They will be under strict orders not to fire on SOUTHBOUND aliens.
(5) Social security will immediately return to its original state. If you didn't put nuttin in, you ain't gettin nuttin out. The president nor any other politician will not be able to touch it.
(6) Welfare - Checks will be handed out on Fridays at the end of the 40 hour school week and the successful completion of urinalysis and a passing grade.
(7) Professional Athletes --Steroids - The FIRST time you check positive/banned for life.
(8) Crime - We will adopt the Turkish method, the first time you steal, you lose your right hand. There is no more life sentences, if convicted you will be put to death by the same method you chose for your victim, gun, knife, strangulation, etc.
(9) One export will be allowed, Wheat, The world needs to eat. A bushel of wheat will be the exact price of a barrel of oil.
(10) All foreign aid using American taxpayer money will immediately cease, and the saved money will pay off the national debt and ultimately lower taxes. When disasters occur around the world, we'll ask the American people if they want to donate to a disaster fund, and each citizen can make the decision whether it's a worthy cause.
(11) The Pledge of Allegiance will be said every day at school and every day in Congress.
(12) The National Anthem will be played at all appropriate ceremonies, sporting events, outings, etc.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Well Since I can not nominate SpartanKingLeonidas, as he is one my friends list I would have to say Skeptic Overlord. Bill would make a great Governor or congressional representative. Clear headed, Skeptical but open minded, Smart enough to affect good significant changes in the benefit of the people as opposed to lobby groups...especially with his experience with lobby groups..

DO IT BILL!!!! RUN FOR OFFICE!

I'd vote for you.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Sorry Dude,

But i wouldn't trust anyone on this site.

Question belongs in BTS.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I would have voted for Jamie, but he got banned some time ago for some reason.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

dooper

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Tesla

If he would include eliminating "crazy checks" I'd agree that elevatadone would be a serious contender.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I've hired a hit man with a standing contract to knock off any of my friends who go into politics....ever.
...Including me.

Just kidding but I still think its a good idea.

Honestly. Think about it...would you want any of your buds you share a brew with anywhere near the halls of power?

That was my argument against bush minor in 2000 as well. Everyone was saying he seemed like a guy you could sit down and have a beer with.

Well duh!!! And look how well that turned out.

[edit on 7-10-2009 by grover]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join