It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trooper From Paramedic Scuffle Faces New Allegations of Using Excessive Force

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Well that didn't take long.

Remember the Trooper that got into the scuffle with the paramedic that was discussed here on ATS in the thread linked below..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

He's in the news again with another excessive force complaint.

Trooper Involved in Paramedic Scuffle Faces New Allegations of Using Excessive Force

and this time a state lawmaker is weighing in (thankfully) saying "enough is enough".

State Lawmaker Calls Trooper Martin's Actions, New Allegations Unacceptable

Martin made national news in May when he was caught choking a paramedic on tape. He received a five-day unpaid suspension and was forced to attend anger management classes. Now, just 12 weeks after that punishment, Martin is being accused of excessive force once again.

"They used too much force and I was complying with them and they didn't have no reason to do this to me," Kristopher Douglas said.

Kristopher Douglas of Holdenville said Trooper Martin beat him with a nightstick during a routine traffic stop that Douglas had nothing to do with. Two other men confirmed Douglas's version of events.

I guess he didn't pay attention in those anger management classes.

Hopefully he'll get a a stiffer punishment if he's in the wrong this time.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
this pig needs to have his badge removed. police officers should serve and protect, not abuse their power on innocent people

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Couple things bothered me about this story... here's another article on it too

carlosmiller.com...

The cops said they will release the video AFTER they are 'done' with it...I think videos of them should be just as widely available as videos of anybody else...tax dollars bought the car and the camera...

Another is the suspension and the oh-so dang familiar statement by the boss that this crap is normal and his cop didn't do anything wrong....but he was suspended...

Yay Oklahoma Troopers!

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

That's a good point. During the course of the OHP's own investigation the tape could be "lost" and then it would just be guy's word against the cops. Also, they could always just release part of the tape and claim its the whole thing.

Though the lawmaker that is weighing in on this is a former OHP himself and he has this to say (from article in my OP).

Christian said leadership within the Department of Public Safety and the Oklahoma Highway Patrol allowed this to happen again.

"I think the current administration, the commissioner and the chief of the Highway Patrol probably made some mistakes with what they'd done initially in the first investigation of Trooper Martin," said the former OHP trooper and current state representative. "Had they done things properly, we may not have been dealing with a second Daniel Martin incident."

Representative Christian sits on the public safety committee in the House and is now in the process of launching an interim study into DPS and OHP.

"Obviously, this is going to be something we're going to look into," Rep. Christian said.

That kind of pressure from a lawmaker that used to be an OHP is going to be hard for them ignore.

top topics

join