It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

buzz aldrin LIES...... UFO sightings.....

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

So, when the evidence does not support claims that Buzz Aldrin saw an alien craft in space, it's not because those who believe he did are wrong, it's because he's lying, been brainwashed, or is an alcoholic. Is there anything I forgot to add?

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

So, when the evidence does not support claims that Buzz Aldrin saw an alien craft in space, it's not because those who believe he did are wrong, it's because he's lying, been brainwashed, or is an alcoholic. Is there anything I forgot to add?

yes.... that the evidence does not support buzz's claims..... that it was UNIDENTIFIED aka UFO

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   

I have no idea what you're saying.

And for my own edification (in case my position wasn't clear unlike yours):

I believe Buzz saw and/or knows MORE than what he claims.

Who in the year 2010, doesn't believe that aliens exist? Not many. And it is my personal estimation of those who believe they exist also believe they've more than likely visited Earth at some point (or even started Human-species)
But not Buzz. He adamantly and vehemently denies this notion! I find that a peculiar position to stand on when whole career was based on exploring 'space'.
No one can be that closed minded and be in that vocation.

It's like an explorer setting out to look for land yet believing this planet only contains waters. Why look then? (bad analogy but you get my point)

Now, do I think Buzz intentionally lies? Nope.
But I do think he was intentionally manipulated to say 'no' when it comes to any 'alien' or UFO topics? Damn straight I do.

I believe with every fiber of my essence that, when you're out into space you are guaranteed to see crafts. I really don't think that that's too long a shot to make.

edit on 9-11-2010 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-11-2010 by Human_Alien because: grammar (am tired)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
Now, do I think Buzz intentionally lies? Nope.
But I do think he was intentionally manipulated to say 'no' when it comes to any 'alien' or UFO topics? Damn straight I do.

i c what you mean.... but doesn't that make him a complicit even if manipulated...

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
Who in the year 2010, doesn't believe that aliens exist? Not many. And it is my personal estimation of those who believe they exist also believe they've more than likely visited Earth at some point (or even started Human-species)
But not Buzz.
I think Buzz acknowledges implicitly the possibility of ET life with his (often misinterpreted) comment to the effect that some people are going to wonder who put the monolith on Mars's moon Phobos.

I get the impression that his views are somewhat like my own, that ET life is likely, but to say ET has visited Earth is an extraordinary claim, without extraordinary evidence to support it, and I think Buzz has said this.

Buzz said he was only 99.9 sure the UFO he saw was one of the 4 panels, so let's say the 0.1 is true and it wasn't one of the panels.

At best, that still makes it a UFO which means we don't know what it was, and it sure didn't seem to me making any kind of intelligent maneuvers, so there's no reason to suspect it was intelligently controlled, whatever it was. You can't say, "it was a UFO, therefore I know what it was, and it was alien" because then it's no longer a UFO but something identified, and that's what we are missing, being able to actually identify one of these UFOs as something from another world.

Even if there are millions of ET spacecraft darting about the galaxy, I doubt there are any traffic jams, and I suspect they could go long periods of time without bumping into each other. Space is incredibly vast.

I like "Chariots of the Gods" too, but even the author admits his ideas are highly speculative and he even points out that his book has hundreds and hundreds of question marks, so I don't think even Von Daniken is claiming there is any extraordinary evidence to back up extraordinary claims.

I think a lot of people could learn from what Von Daniken says about having highly speculative ideas. The leap from the highly speculative "I wonder if this might be true" to a believer's viewpoint "I believe it must be true", requires little evidence for some, and much evidence for others. All Buzz is saying is what Carl Sagan pointed out, that the more extraordinary the claim, the more extraordinary the evidence we should need to be convinced the claim is true.

That is not the same as saying the claim is false, which is what your comment implies about Buzz Aldrin's position. He's not denying ETs, just saying there is no extraordinary evidence they have visited Earth, and from the quotes I've seen from others at NASA this is a commonly held position by NASA folks. Think about it, NASA folks are designing and deploying experiments to look for signs of ET life, so they must believe ET life is possible. They are just looking for evidence that's better than an unidentified speck of light in the sky (or in space).

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
My only thoughts on the apollo 11 mission( apart from the obvious ) are these ........NASA... "Hey , people are beginning to doubt that we ever went to the moon, so let's get Aldrin and the boys to divert peoples attention by stating that they saw UFO's while in space"......

Peace.
edit on 9-11-2010 by gandalphthegrey because: Edited punctuation

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by mcrom901
yes.... that the evidence does not support buzz's claims..... that it was UNIDENTIFIED aka UFO

What evidence does not support his claims? What evidence is there that he is wrong about being 99% sure it was the panels?

Or are you accusing him of lying because he isn't saying what you want to hear?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by gandalphthegrey
My only thoughts on the apollo 11 mission( apart from the obvious ) are these ........NASA... "Hey , people are beginning to doubt that we ever went to the moon, so let's get Aldrin and the boys to divert peoples attention by stating that they saw UFO's while in space"....

I know we're not supposed to be dismissive but seriously...LOLWUT?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   

What evidence does not support his claims? What evidence is there that he is wrong about being 99% sure it was the panels?

please be my guest.... www.abovetopsecret.com...

indeed... i wish he remained humble & admitted to the fact that the object remained 'UNIDENTIFIED'.... instead of cooking up some fecal prosaic mundane'ty
edit on 9/11/10 by mcrom901 because:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

Yes I didn't even know where to begin with that one, but suffice it to say that for Buzz to say he's 99.99% sure the UFO was a panel from his spacecraft isn't a very well thought out method of diverting attention so that theory doesn't hold much water.

I'd be curious to know what NASA insiders really think of people that suspect they never went to the moon, but my guess is they'd have more of a tendency to ignore such people, rather than worry about creating diversionary tactics, via Buzz Aldrin or otherwise.

That theory has more holes in it than my colander.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   

please be my guest....

And what here says that he is lying.

indeed... i wish he remained humble & admitted to the fact that the object remained 'UNIDENTIFIED'.... instead of cooking up some fecal prosaic mundane'ty...

There you go, from the horse's mouth; he's not saying what you want to hear so he must be a liar. I'm glad you can admit to it.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I LOVE Buzz! he has been the center of controversy and has lived through the more secretive days at NASA and it is no surprise that you will find him saying things in interviews that contradict information.

I really wish that the Conspiracy chicks could interview him, I bet we would get more info than some other news outlets...

Where are the CCs?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   

And what here says that he is lying.

the extraterrestrial panels...

There you go, from the horse's mouth; he's not saying what you want to hear so he must be a liar. I'm glad you can admit to it.

congrats

you win....

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

the extraterrestrial panels...

And you know they are extraterrestrial how?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join