It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hamas bans women from riding on backseat of motorbikes

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Alright folks.

This thread is not about any members or what you think of them.

It is about Hamas bans women from riding on backseat of motorbikes.

I don't see any members name in there so lets stick to the subject at hand.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Thread Notice:

Please do not focus the content of your posts on other members. Instead, discuss the content directly. If you type a post and see, 'You, You, You' all throughout, it may be wise to reconsider submitting.

As standard ATS policy, we ask that you discuss the issue and not other members.

Thank you.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Rook1545

But this is my point!

Yes there is fanaticism on both sides, and I don't know whether the proportions are equivalent or not.

But in Israel fanatics do not get into power, they just can't, and even if they do the instruments of government prevent them from enacting radical policies or behaving outside the law. They elect a government with a popular majority and the unpleasant job of military action is taken by a professional armed forces with strict rules of engagement which is accountable to the legal system.

In Islamic societies fanatics can and frequently do get into power, often by military force.

I just cannot for the life of me understand how you can draw a moral equivalence between a Western liberal democracy built on the rule of law and a militant group that seized total and absolute power by force of arms!

As for whether or not Palestinian ladies support not being able to ride on the back of motorbikes anymore, I don't know because nobody can ask them since they have no free press or freedom to criticise their government.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Agreed. I also asked that question and the only answer i got was that it was a Middle East news story.

....Not much of a story.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Maybe too many of those women riding pillion were having their hands on
improper parts of the driver´s body.
Deducing from the ban I would assume the ladies would also not be driving
themselves with a male on the backseat, because the places for the pillion-
rider to hold fast are just as inviting.
Now being serious again, this measure is a suppression of the freedom of
women in a long line of others to follow.
Islam defines women to be unable to make sound judgements. That is why
women are barred from becoming a judge in court. The Quran allows women
only half of the heritage that male heirs get.
That lawyer, on whom the scarf is being enforced in court, can consider
herself lucky to have access to it. Sooner or later she may even lose that
privilege.
Human rights are taking a bad turn in the Gaza-strip.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mattpryor

Those crazy muslim facists in Hamas... what are we ever going to do with them?

They might actually win a fight some day if they quit spending all their time beating down their women.

[edit on 7-10-2009 by StinkyFeet]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by noonebutme

Where's the problem here? Hamas is a terrorist organization, that should be wiped off the face of the Earth.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by stevegmu

Heheh! Indeed. "Wipe them off the face of the planet" - how very diplomatic of you.

While I don't support terror in any way, the fact that they are against Israel, due largely in part to the occupation of Palestinian land by Israel, I can "understand" their anger. (While I do not condone their actions!)

But Israel is a "terrorist" state as well. For each attack their endure, they counter 10x over the top with tanks, helicopters, missiles, etc.

Neither side has a leg to stand on, IMO. *Both* are equally guilty of violence and terror.

The fact that one should be wiped out doesn't make the situation better. What happens when Hamas is gone? Israel then turns its "rightousness" to Iran, Libya, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, etc..? Merely conjecture, of course, but the point remains - depending on your view, BOTH are terrorist states.

And they BOTH need a slap in the face and told to wake the hell up. Especially Israel...

[edit on 8-10-2009 by noonebutme]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I hope that someday those ignorant muslims will get what they deserve for pushing the limits of stupidity and conservatism. The muslim faith HAS to evolve, like the Christian faith did ( I know, still a couple centuries late ) . Otherwise it will be abandoned and despised. I really hope I live lon,g enough to see that

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Having a vibrating machine near a woman's vagina is a no no in Islam.

I just had to. I'm sorry but it sort of makes sense when you start to get in the minds of these guys.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join