It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan getting paid to (kill its own people)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by stevegmu
reply to post by oozyism

What's the problem here, other than giving them anything? If they are going to get money, they better rack up the body count of Talibani and Al-Qaeda. Why else would we help them?

Then why do you cry when Al-Qaeda and Taliban start war against Americans? Wouldn't that give them more reasons to kill innocent Americans since America is paying Pakistan to kill Pakistanis?

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
Then why do you cry when Al-Qaeda and Taliban start war against Americans? Wouldn't that give them more reasons to kill innocent Americans since America is paying Pakistan to kill Pakistanis?

Those Pakistani/Taliban are waging a war against the Governments and civilians of Afghanistan, Pakistan and the US/West. The Innocent civilians on the other hand are not waging a war against them.

Did you hear that?

Huh?

Must have been a brain fart or your logic taking a dump.

SWAT VALLEY, Pakistan, Oct. 7, 2009
Taliban Threat to Pakistan's Stability?

For years the Pakistani government has allowed extremists to live along its borders, but it was only when the Taliban took over this once popular tourist valley that people suddenly started to realize the stability of their entire country was being threatened.

In May 30,000 troops retook the Valley but the Taliban's advance into Pakistani heartland was shocking - particularly because this is a country that has some 80 nuclear weapons, and has conducted successful underground tests.

"I can assure you with full assurance, there is no danger at all," said Pakistan Interior Minister Rehman Malik.

[edit on 7-10-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

They knew it all along what the terrorists are doing. Do you actually beleive the Pakistani politicians and millitary would be so naive? Instead of sending more funds thru govt. funds should be directed thru independent bodies.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by December_Rain

They knew it all along what the terrorists are doing. Do you actually beleive the Pakistani politicians and millitary would be so naive?

I never said they were. What does that have to do with them taking the fight to the Taliban on their side of the border in 2009?

Nothing.

If they continue to engage and fight the Taliban more power to them.

[edit on 7-10-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

What twisted form of logic are you using? The Pakistani government is going to get incentives to kill terrorists, not innocent civilians.
Americans kill Americans all the time, yet still not often enough. I don't cry about that; in fact I agree with it, and welcome more. It's called the death penalty.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Pakistan officials themselves claim they are fighting terrorism on behalf of the safety of their own country, within their country... C'mon, now... Suicide bomber dressed like a security guard just hit a UN Food Bank in Islamabad! How is this not a direct threat to the people?

Hours after a suicide bomber set off an explosion in his country's capital city, Pakistan's foreign minister stopped in Houston on Monday as part of a U.S. tour to assure Americans his country is committed to fighting terrorism.

“When people see that there are innocent people dying, when they see all the major urban centers of Pakistan being hit ... because of these extremists, I think the public opinion has changed,” Makhdoom Shah Mehmood Qureshi said at Rice University's Baker Institute for Public Policy.

“There is almost a consensus in Pakistan that an immediate priority is to ... fight this.”

Source 10/6/09

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   

You are wrong, it has been proved many times before how US funds were "diverted" by the "GOVT" & "ISI" to support the terrorists instead of taking action against them. Why do you think the US bill that passed this "aid" specifically mentioned "The legislation also says Pakistan must show progress in ending support for terrorist groups, and dismantle groups operating out of Quetta and Muridke.". Because time and again it's a known "fact" that did not happen.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

If they were going to Afghanistan then the American invaders have the right to fight them.

Don't like the invader part, but at least you now acknowledge that the US has the RIGHT to fight the enemy.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
The concept of paying a bounty for eradicating pests is a very old, very effective method of pest control.

I recall finding out that Chinese Nungs and Cambodians were getting paid an hundred dollar bounty per head for every NVA or VC WITH weapon they could bring in.

That burned me up. Here I was, hunting them for a flat rate, and these guys were racking up the dough.

So instead of taking my leaves and R&R's I had already been preparing for these opportunities, and they would actually give me half their cut since I could carry a radio and get our butts out of trouble as fast as we could get into trouble.

I was their insurance policy.

I made good money as I was really motivated by the $50 per head.

When I returned, I bought a house for cash, and a new car for cash.

Money talks.

Anything else is kindergarten.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Also this just broke out an hour ago:

Pakistan's military rejects US aid bill

There ya go, Pakistan Millitary will refuse to stop supporting Taliban, Al Qaeda, Lashkar e Taiba and other terrorist groups no matter what happens because they gave birth to it forgot to add by US funding.

[edit on 7-10-2009 by December_Rain]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by December_Rain

You are wrong, it has been proved many times before how US funds were "diverted" by the "GOVT" & "ISI" to support the terrorists instead of taking action against them. Why do you think the US bill that passed this "aid" specifically mentioned "The legislation also says Pakistan must show progress in ending support for terrorist groups, and dismantle groups operating out of Quetta and Muridke.". Because time and again it's a known "fact" that did not happen.

How am I wrong about something I never stated or defended?
Too many people around here make too many assumptions.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   

If they continue to engage and fight the Taliban more power to them.

I spoke in context of this sentence. They will not fight Taliban, it's an eyewash.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amagnon
There are more terrorists under your bed than in the entire country of Pakistan. Reading such things is like drinking a cold glass of vomit.

a) I actually checked my bed -- nope, there weren't any individuals under my bed hence no terrorists.
b) I'm not normally mean, but I encourage you to read this post so you can experience the unsurpassed feeling of cold vomit in your throat. Or, you can microwave it.

Seriously, we have armed gangs trying to subvert the government of Pakistan. While I'm not a sympathizer of the latter, claiming there aren't terrorists in Pakistan (even in the face of terrorist acts in India) is like claiming there aren't craters on the Moon.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   

That is a fail question, anyone with a brain knows that they live in that area across the Pakistan/Afghanistan border. If they were going to Afghanistan then the American invaders have the right to fight them.

My my, aren't YOU the uber-brainy one! I bow before your withering intellectual prowess!

Riddle me this then, young sir. If these particular Taliban are forcing themselves NOT to cross the border and join their brothers in the fray, and are instead confining their terrorism to within Pakistan itself, WHY would the Pakistanis have to be bribed to take out their OWN enemies? And WHY are they upset that they would have to be asked to do so? Do they rally coddle their own enemies that much these days?

I, and my under-developed brain, eagerly await your enlightening answer to this riddle.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

OK so just exactly who have they been fighting for the past 5 months in SWAT?
Senior Fazlullah aide killed in Swat

MINGORA: Security forces killed a senior aide to Swat Taliban leader Fazlullah on Wednesday as troops killed five Taliban in the valley in the ongoing military offensive in the valley, said military officials.

Pakistan: Troops kill 9 militants in Swat

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan — Pakistani security forces killed nine militants, including two commanders, in weekend battles in the northwestern Swat Valley, the military said Sunday.

Pakistan has largely beaten back a Taliban insurgency in Swat in recent months and intelligence officials say the country is preparing a major offensive against al-Qaida and Taliban in their stronghold in South Waziristan.

Long war against Pakistan Taliban

Pakistan's security forces appear to have achieved their main objective in Swat with the capture of its administrative seat of Mingora.

That region and the rest of the Malakand division now seem to be under the control of the Pakistan army.

Some fighting is still going on in the mountainous rural areas - especially the Peochar valley, the militants' main stronghold.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by oozyism

If they were going to Afghanistan then the American invaders have the right to fight them.

Don't like the invader part, but at least you now acknowledge that the US has the RIGHT to fight the enemy.

But at least you now acknowledge that the enemy has the RIGHT to fight the invaders.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   

But at least you now acknowledge that the enemy has the RIGHT to fight the invaders.

What is this here???

Kindergarten?

I got you!

No you didnt!

yes I* did!

No you didnt!

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

My my, aren't YOU the uber-brainy one! I bow before your withering intellectual prowess!

Riddle me this then, young sir. If these particular Taliban are forcing themselves NOT to cross the border and join their brothers in the fray, and are instead confining their terrorism to within Pakistan itself, WHY would the Pakistanis have to be bribed to take out their OWN enemies? And WHY are they upset that they would have to be asked to do so? Do they rally coddle their own enemies that much these days?

I, and my under-developed brain, eagerly await your enlightening answer to this riddle.

FAIL
Pakistan's military rejects US aid bill

They should rephrase it: Pakistan's military rejects US bribery

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Any one can do a one liner, I learn from ATS...

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Good one oozy except for the fact that I have always given them the right to fight the US in Afghanistan.

Better there than Here.

OK, let's suppose your theory is correct. Pakistan is getting paid to kill there own if they accept the aid.

Why would Pakistan accept this aid under such conditions? Are they really that desperate for a mere 1.5 billion a year?

You mean to tell me that Pakistan could not turn to other Muslim countries to help replace the US aid if they turned it down?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join