It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans with no emotions

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
So are humans merely robots without emotions?

I believe those sort are called "politicians".

[edit on 7-10-2009 by Symbiote]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Natural, Good thing

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Love is aload of bull too, when you think what you people do for it.

Thou art preaching to the choir, my son! I can happily say 'love' has been burned wholesale from me. I wont be loving anyone ever again.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I think it's important to distingish between the biological type of love, and bonding, with REAL love, which is a choice and an act of the will, in service to the wellbeing, and happiness of the other. In other words, when you fall out of "love" with a person in terms of the sexual relationship, then the opporunity arises for real love to take it's place, as a choice, and then there's love of an even deeper kind, more prescious.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
No emotion means no love for anything. If you do not love anything, then you have nothing to live for.

Then we die.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I think there is a difference between higher emotions (love, sadness, etc) and 'instinctual' emotions, that are tied to the basic instincts of pleasure and pain. The development of language helped humans to create a 'conciousness' that acted as an interface between the world and our reactions (input/conciousness/output), which is different from the way animals react (an stimulus provokes an insitnctual reaction and nothing more).
So, basically with conciousness and language we got the whole package that included higher emotions; if a human were to truly lack any emotion he'd act like an animal.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Aelur

WOW I like your input, can you possible make a more detailed thread about it so I can read, I would appreciate it.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Oozy, hopoefully you don't know any stone cold meth heads, unfortunately I do, and if you wanna know what a person is like without emotions just meet a meth head. You DO NOT want to be without emotions, believe me.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

Honestly, I think I could function 500% BETTER without emotions clogging up my daily life. No loss, no loneliness, no worry, no anxiety, no sadness... Of course, none of the happier crap, either. But- I haven't had much of the happier crap for about 20 years. Why start now? I already have had love, hope and happiness burned and slashed right out of me- I'd readily give up the rest in an instant.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Whether to have emotions or not isn't a matter of choice. Human beings have emotions.

It's not whether to have them that matters, but what we do with them. If we suppress them, we tend to develop psychological illness (and often physical ones as well). If we express them without control, we destroy relationships or cause endless trouble for ourselves. As we grow, we learn to express our emotions in non-destructive ways.

I suspect that without emotions, we'd quickly fail at surviving in the world. We wouldn't have the drive to seek food and other necessities; we wouldn't have fear to motivate us to escape and avoid dangers.

I don't know that we need to feel hate in order to know love. Actually, I've heard it said that the opposite of love is not hate, but indifference. I suspect that is true. Love and hate seem to be two sides of an intense emotional connection with someone. Indifference or apathy would be its opposite.

Anger, grief, fear, are all part of life, but we don't have to be slaves to these emotions. It is possible to feel anger without becoming violent; to be afraid without running; to grieve while yet continuing to carry on. I think that's one of the things that sets humans apart from other animals. We have (or we *can* have) some control over what we do with the emotions that flood us. We can choose to take a different course than where the emotions seem to drive us. We can rise above our emotions, or turn them to good use. For example, if we are angry at some injustice, instead of beating someone up, we can turn that anger into energy used to correct the problem. That sort of thing.

I think emotion is what drives us to action; but we can choose what actions to take.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I think even more important than having emotions, is feeling the emotions of others. As I grow older, I am starting to recognize empathy as the one redeeming factor of humanity. Because once you can feel the pain of others, that's where love and understanding can grow.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Check out what emotion means...

emotion Look up emotion at Dictionary.com
1579, "a (physical) moving, stirring, agitation," from M.Fr. emotion, from O.Fr. emouvoir "stir up," from L. emovere "move out, remove, agitate," from ex- "out" + movere "to move" (see move). Sense of "strong feeling" is first recorded 1660; extended to "any feeling" 1808. Emote is a 1917 back-formation. Emotional "liable to emotion" is from 1857.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I think people, individuals and communities should defend themselves against aggressors.

But I don't understand

Why one country invades another?
How the invading side can claim to have the backing of God?
Blind patriotism?
How an invading force can be heroes?

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I think that aswell as being hyposensitive you can be hypersensitive and feel that you were not given the script of your life so you knew how to behave.
In my research you appear to have a lot of overlaps with people on "wrongplanet". Their conversations may be enlightening, provide insight and make you feel like part of a tribe.
www.wrongplanet.net...

[edit on 12-10-2009 by dr treg]

[edit on 12-10-2009 by dr treg]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
It's impossible to be void of complete emotion, or we would never move, evolve etc, survival itself is the fear of death or the love of life, both very strong emotions, that we would not be able to do without. Or we'd simply be rocks, with no will to do anything.

So the answer to the OP would be, there would be no humans, no animals at all. We'd simply be a vacant world like a giant rocky asteroid if we had no emotion at all on the planet.

[edit on 12-10-2009 by FouL-LiveR]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join