It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2006 FOI release from MOD - not seen it before myself, contains laughable conclusions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Only read the executive summary so far but the report uses the well known Belgium triangle picture as an example of an UAP then goes on to state that UAP's are either meteors or man made.

It's either laughable or an admission that triangular craft are indeed man made !

Check it out here

The actual explanation given for the triangle is that naturally occuring individual plasma effects are electrically tied together to give the impression of a shape.

Obvious nonsense - just strange that the document remained secret for 6 years. I mean if you are going to go to those lengths to discredit something wouldn't you at least release it - or does the secrecy give it more validity once released.

If your average person can see through the science why can't scientists ?

[edit on 7-10-2009 by chunder]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I'm not sure if this warrants its own thread or not when it's sort of covered by this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's interesting the way they have all those hand-drawn "X"s on the expunged parts. Not as much expunged as some other documents I've seen but of course we always wonder what they AREN'T showing us, right?

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Different FOI release - the ones I refer to are older coming from 2006, just that I hadn't seen them before and thought others may have not also, although there was a thread back at the time discussing their impending release there were no direct links to the actual material.

I have always found the MOD's responses comical, almost in a Pythonesque way as UFO reports are treated as was John Cleese when he returned the dead parrot.

Whereas some other countries provide semi-plausible explanations as a cover up it seems the MOD treat it all as a bit of a joke. However on this occasion the report was so pathetic even they couldn't release it.

Maybe it was from the same school students who provided the WMD report on Iraq.

join