It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Treasury weighs Iran sanctions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
The US Government is beginning to debate what sanctions should be enforced on Iran:

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Now, that really took me back.

The Treasury department is debating if Iran should get more sanctions????

Does this bother anyone else that the treasury department is deciding this???

Not the president
Not Congress
Not the military

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

That's the FIRST thing that popped into my head as well. WHAT THE HELL does Foreign policy have to do with the US treasury? Oopps I forgot bankers run the world.

I mean seriously..............life in the US is becoming surreal............I wonder sometimes if I'm just a zombie walking around in a mindless stupor like all my fellow Americans. I'm REALLY beginning to hate my country........my hatred for my government has gone viral. But I'm beginning to hate my fellow citizens. I know I shouldn't but my god!

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

My only guess is that..............

The US government realizes there will be financial repercussions over attacking/bombing Iran.

Perhaps if Iran does block the gulf, is the study.

BTW, if they do, Russia and China will not be happy with Iran as they will be blocked also.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I want to bring attention to this article from Telegrapgh 06 June 2008

On the Iranian front, Mr Olmert privately pronounced himself happy after his visit to the White House that Israel and America are of one mind over the possibility of military intervention against Tehran's nuclear programme.

In President George W Bush, Israel has a firm ally who shares its belief that Iran must be stopped at all costs from becoming a nuclear power.

One of Mr Olmert's party deputies, Shaul Mofaz, kept up the pressure on Iran saying an Israeli attack on Iranian nuclear sites looked "inevitable" given the apparent failure of diplomatic and economic sanctions on Tehran.

"If Iran continues with its programme for developing nuclear weapons, we will attack it," he said.

"The sanctions are ineffective. Attacking Iran, in order to stop its nuclear plans, will be unavoidable."

Israel threatens war on Gaza and Iran

Can we say De ja vu

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

I read the link you posted.

It said after the "eighth" civilian was killed from mortar/rocket fire from Gaza, Israel is considering action.

That is quite different from Israel threatens war on Gaza-no reason indicated.

So lets all be clear, after the eighth civilian was killed, Israel "may" take military action.

Sure comes across much differently, eh?

As for Iran, I will give you that one......
However..............

I would call it more intended action than threat.
(A threat is something you say to scare someone else, but never intend on doing)

top topics

join