It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awakening II: Free Cities

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

Peter Day encounters Paul Romer, senior fellow in the Stanford
Institute for Economic Policy Research, and who twelve years ago the
news magazine Time named as one of the 25 most influential people in
the USA.

Conventional economics is the so-called dismal science, dominated by
the law of diminishing returns where businesses compete with each
other into their ultimate extinction, but Paul Romer believes ideas
turn economics into an optimistic science.

Here he also about the need to build new cities to accommodate a
growing world population in better conditions than we have managed up
to now, developing new rules, laws and norms for urban life.

Broadcast on:
BBC World Service, 1:05am Wednesday 21st October 2009
Duration:
25 minutes
Available until:
12:00am Thursday 1st January 2099
Categories:

* Factual,
* Money

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
im in...
private message me when and wwhere!

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Damn he's stealing my ideas. I should sue...haha

Thanks for posting that Way I Man...I'll check it out...

Thinking about it there's a few mistakes I made with that thread but the important thing is to start a dialogue and work through the issues.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I agree with alot of this idea, except for

Working on a back-to-the-future hoverboard while millions and billions live in misery is stupid beyond belief

inventing something like a hoverboard or similar, it's like people who create wind up toys, custom action figures or build a forge and make swords on their free time, sometimes people want to create something other than just necessity, fun's kind of important to keep in mind as well

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Gren

I basically agree that even in current circumstances, creativity and inventions will continue. However, what I don't understand is why people don't ensure that things are a win/win for everyone and are vigilant to the way the system is. Ie. create their own local and regional counsels and come up with clean energy and eco farm solutions to homelessnes, poverty and ensure enmasse city counsels approve them. The thing is, if there is something glaringly wrong or unjust, it would get fixed awfully fast if people dropped everything they were doing except for essential medical and emergency services and demanded it be resolved in complete equality immediately. I wouldn't allow one person to fall through the cracks.

The Venus Project, type system, run grass roots by highly educated citizens, would be idea.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
This is an excellent thread, and very much in line with an idea I had for some property I have on an island. There is one aspect I think you might not have touched on and I would be curious as to your thoughts on the matter. Taxes...there will be property taxes of course. but also in the land of barter and trade, the government looks at taxation of that as well. In the land of uncle sam you must be taxes on bartered goods = to the amount of what would be considered it's $ value. I don't know that there is a current law set in place for free labor, but I'm most certain if your idea caught on they would need to dip there as well. I imagine the IRS would have to add another 12,000 pages to the rule book to make sure that everyone paid taxes on everything you want to try to do for free.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Interesting post.. I found it looking at another post..

The idea you bring forth is interesting.. I have been trying to get something going for a while but people i know do not want to leave what they know.. So i plan on doing something soon alone.. if anyone joins me fine but if not.. oh well..

Anyway good post man.. Like it..

Oh ya the other post i found this post on is here..
Unity_99 made it.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 1/24/2011 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
And where are our free cities, or free towns. Or even a free village.

With the financial muscle of crowdfunding, Im suprised more people haven't got it together.

I'm still walking along polluted streets.

All in good time I guess.

If anyone's got any good ideas for what you'd like to see in a city, please put it here....

Peace

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
wonderful...great....fantastic....

But I would never sign up to that.....and It will never work....CHAOS

Chaos always wins over....just as was stated in the beginning....no matter how successful the plan...It will collapse upon itself.

But please keep dreaming....Because entire lives are built on dreams...as most free thinkers always dream for a better place.

I believe with each and every breath we are already in the best place ever.................WE EXIST;

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Chaos always wins over....just as was stated in the beginning....no matter how successful the plan...It will collapse upon itself.

True, no plan survives contact with the enemy. But I'm not proposing a Utopia, just some common sense ideas. This system we're living under now was imposed from the outside. I don't think its natural.

If someone bought some land in Argentina, and set up a town with atmospheric water and organic veg gardens, they'd be halfway there.

But please keep dreaming....Because entire lives are built on dreams...as most free thinkers always dream for a better place.

Look at what we've acheived in the last 30 years. What'll happen going forward?

I believe with each and every breath we are already in the best place ever.................WE EXIST;

This planet isn't always fun, but its a good learning zone. Maybe it's a school for Jedis.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join