It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the MSM control public debate?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I thought I'd pose the question here with you. I know many establishment journalists will say that the MSM is there to hold the government to the fire. I know many of you are aware that it's quite the opposite. I watch the MSM so I know what their corporate agenda is. It's quite easy to find out what the statist MSM wants to sell us.

You just have to read between the lines. Then I got thinking... it's not just that they want to sell us the news and the propaganda. It's that they also want to control the public debate too. That's why there aren't that many free thinkers around. It's because the MSM sets the debates and the times of which certain debates are permitted or not. That's just my idea anyhow. Could the MSM be controlling the public debate? I want to know what you think.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
bingo,,, couldn't agree more

do they ever present an issue and give you actual facts and real info for us to make our own decision??
hell no!!!!

talking heads tells us what's right,,, or slander the other side ,,, certainly not wiinning through superior debate or reasoning

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

To quote Chomsky, in a paraphrased fashion: they don't have to control it, they own it.

Hope that helps.

[edit on 7-10-2009 by pluckynoonez]

join