It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New Conservative's Bible (Defines Hypocrisy, as will as stupidity)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
This Project makes me sick!! Phyllis Schlafly has what is called a “Conservative Bible Project.” I suppose all that scripture about forgiving your enemy and turning thy other cheek isn’t consistent with Neo-Con philosophy that you must kill, kill, kill and destroy everything that isn’t capitalist. Check out these guidelines posted on their website:

1. Framework against Liberal Bias: providing a strong framework that enables a thought-for-thought translation without corruption by liberal bias
2. Not Emasculated: avoiding unisex, "gender inclusive" language, and other modern emasculation of Christianity
3. Not Dumbed Down: not dumbing down the reading level, or diluting the intellectual force and logic of Christianity; the NIV is written at only the 7th grade level[3]
4. Utilize Powerful Conservative Terms: using powerful new conservative terms as they develop; defective translations use the word "comrade" three times as often as "volunteer"; similarly, updating words which have a change in meaning, such as "word", "peace", and "miracle".
5. Combat Harmful Addiction: combating addiction by using modern terms for it, such as "gamble" rather than "cast lots";[5] using modern political terms, such as "register" rather than "enroll" for the census
6. Accept the Logic of Hell: applying logic with its full force and effect, as in not denying or downplaying the very real existence of Hell or the Devil.
7. Express Free Market Parables; explaining the numerous economic parables with their full free-market meaning
8. Exclude Later-Inserted Liberal Passages: excluding the later-inserted liberal passages that are not authentic, such as the adulteress story
9. Credit Open-Mindedness of Disciples: crediting open-mindedness, often found in youngsters like the eyewitnesses Mark and John, the authors of two of the Gospels
10. Prefer Conciseness over Liberal Wordiness: preferring conciseness to the liberal style of high word-to-substance ratio; avoid compound negatives and unnecessary ambiguities; prefer concise, consistent use of the word "Lord" rather than "Jehovah" or "Yahweh" or "Lord God."

How stupid can you get? Accepting the “logic” of hell? Like telling little kids they’re going to burn forever if they’re not conforming to certain “ideals.”
I’m usually a nice guy, but for this crap, we seriously need to let this idiot know how far off base he is. I think I’m going to go throw up. Jesus Christ

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
In the 1800's, there was a guy who thought the Bible was too sexually explicit. He went through the whole thing and removed any hint of sexual language, or changed the words to something more acceptable. For example, instead of saying "leg", he'd translate as "limb".

Since the Bible is largely about human topics, and that includes sex, this made for a very silly book. The man's name was "Bowdler", and the verb "to bowdlerize" came to mean editing the heck out of something so that it was basically unrecognizable.

That's what this "conservative" Bible is about - bowdlerizing the Bible once again. This time it's removing so-called "liberal" stuff instead of sex, but it amounts to the same thing. Anyone who reads the Bible can see that it goes against many conservative beliefs. Since conservatives often claim to be Bible-based, this has to change.

More power to them, I guess. The Bible says what it says. No amount of fixing is going to change that. And, especially with Jesus, it has a decidedly "liberal" outlook. Just one more foolish effort to "correct" the Bible...

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Could you please provide a link to the site you quote?

Using some tags couldn't hurt either.

It helps to have some context by which this topic can be judged.

And why would you invoke the name of Jesus Christ, given your obvious disdain for religious values?

[edit on 2009/10/6 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I have absolutely no idea what this is supposed to be and I really don't care.

Two subjects that should never be discussed at the same time is politics and religion.

This will be the mother of all bash threads.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I think that this project is about as misguided as the politically correct Bible that came out some years ago.

I doubt that this will gain much traction, but if they want to do it, that's their business.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Yes, of course. I apologize for my naivete. I'm not computer savvy and this site proves to be extremely difficult to figure out...very sorry. I'll figure it out sooner or later.

Anyways, to answer your question as to why I would discuss religion when I show to have such disdain for it. I believe that If i say something like "I'm against murder" ...then I should show a great deal of contempt for people who do murder, have murdered, or people who participate in any form of murder. That is essential how we define morals (and/or) ethics. The same logic is applied to those who say "I'm a Christian" or in that sense; a person who follows Jesus Christ.

Okay...fine. We have to take a persons words as their bond. But at any time we find an inconsistency - we should, as free people, and as an intellectual people - bring it promptly to their attention.

Jesus didn't say "kill, kill, kill." He said to love, forgive, bring peace. This thread is just a discussion for people like me who see such an uncontrollable amount of hypocrisy with the so called "Christian" Conservatives. One can easily read through the Bible and find passages that suit their purposes, but in my honest opinion, the Bible as we know it contains far, FAR, more passages from Christ relating to a passive and :GASP: LIBERAL perception.

[edit on 6-10-2009 by Anarchist69]

[edit on 6-10-2009 by Anarchist69]

new topics

top topics

join