It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama cancels meeting with Dalai Lama.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Barack Obama cancels meeting with Dalai Lama.

www.telegraph.co.uk

President Barack Obama has refused to meet the Dalai Lama in Washington this week in a move to curry favour with the Chinese.

The decision came after China stepped up a campaign urging nations to shun the Tibetan spiritual leader.

It means Mr Obama will become the first president not to welcome the Nobel peace prize winner to the White House since the Dalai Lama began visiting Washington in 1991.

The Buddhist monk arrived in Washington on Monday for a week of meetings with Congressional leaders, celebrity supporters and interest groups, but the president will not see him until after
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.cnn.com

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
The guy has his priorities and meeting with the exiled leader of this invaded country just is not one of them.

I suppose he wants to wait until after his Asian world tour is over with.

I wonder how all his liberal Hollywood supporters are feeling now?

I suppose it is not that important. He has already met with the real leader of this country.

Nancy Pelosi.

House Speaker honors Dalai Lama

[edit on 6-10-2009 by calcoastseeker]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I'll bet he gets a sternly worded letter from Richard Gere at the very least

I guess China was buying more than our debt : /

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Unless i am mistaken , the meeting is going ahead but not as presented through the idiot box.

Does anyone know what the agenda, or should i ask what the public was aware of that the Obama was supposed to negotiate about. If so, then, when is this supposed to happen, i guess i can see following reply's, as to, i love obama or i am some supporter of some sort. Either way, switch it off...!

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Of course he would cancel this.

How would Barry pump his own ego around the Dali Lama?

The Dali Lama isn't going to suck up to him so why bother?

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by lucentenigma

So i guess i a religious person is instantaneously politically orientated so why shouldn't he subjected to the battlefield of politics....! Sorry, when you sleep among the wolves be prepared to be defend your ideology. Either way , its a business.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
im not so sure you can accurately refer to the dalai lama as a 'businessman'

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
What an embarrassment for US.

Licking up to China in everything, and now this.

Where will it end?

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by iNTERPLANETARyR.O.M.E.O.
im not so sure you can accurately refer to the dalai lama as a 'businessman'

On the off chance you are referring to me, the i guess i do and can stand by what has been posted based on public relation ads.

My simple and humble questions is : Why make statements at politically orientated dinners and then try to distant yourself from such moves. Obviously you were or he, or they, were there for a purpose.

Live by the sword, die by the sword. The quote is nothing new, its been there since the written history.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Just goes to show America, like Australia, is afraid of China and will do anything it demands to keep it appeased.

The Dalai Lama is hated by the Chinese because they cannot stop Tibetans loving him as their leader. Over 50 years China has tried to kill this spiritual connection between Him and His People, so it could come as no surprise to find they want governments to have nothing to do with him and his messages to the world.

Controlling Bullies is what China's government is and has been for too long. That our own governments kot-tow to them is disgusting and shows the total lack of intestinal fortitude.

I say tell the Chinese government to go #*&!%^# (add your own words there) and show them no fear.

new topics

top topics

join