It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've started to hear things

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by JJay55
Drink less coffee. ;-)

Thats what i was going to say.

But once your awareness has awoken its often hard to shut down.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

I heard somewhere that it's not the best idea to go to sleep with a film, radio or TV on because the normal filters that your mind employs will not be functioning and anything you hear will be accepted as reality, regardless of whether it's fact or fiction.

Sorry not to be able to provide a link, but it might be worth investigating. Especially as I'm not the best person in the world to explain anything

Perhaps some music (no lyrics) or cds with sounds of rain, the ocean or the rain forest might be a viable alternative? It could make for some interesting dreams.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by azureskys

I'm sorry to know that your experience is so uncomfortable. It really makes you wonder how much effort we are all putting into blocking out the sounds of modern life.

It's hard to know if for some reason our 'blocking out mechanism' slips or our attention shifts or we are becoming more highly 'attuned', for want of a better phrase.

Do you have a quiet place you can escape to or could you make one room in your house free of electrical equipment?

I hope someone can think of something to help you, I'm sorry not to have a more helpful suggestion to make.

I found that when I was subjected to a lot of noise I couldn't even think straight. It's a terrible burden to be living under, so I really feel for you.

I've never wanted to try ear-plugs because I always think of my hearing as my first line of defence. If it wasn't so important we'd be able to close our ears the way we do our eyes.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
But once your awareness has awoken its often hard to shut down.

Hi Andy - I do dread ever having to go somewhere busier than where I am now. I'd hate to have to try and shut down again after getting used to enjoying the world.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by berenike

I live up against state game land.
I am not near the noise of city or even small town noise.
I am also disabled so I spend alot of time confined to the home, although
I do spend quite a bit of time outside, but always near the house.

Iv'e begun to wonder if this may be related to our new toxic light bulbs.
I have heard claims of adverse phyical effects from use of the CFLs.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Funny i have been this way as long as i can remember.I can sleep with the house falling around me but about a month i could not get to sleep with the sound of my watch ticking on my desk. (wife who hears everything got mad thinks im crazy) I put it in the other room closed the door but no help not untill i put a pillow over it was i able to sleep.Its the little "no one can hear" things that get me.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Believe me any movie I put on is already in my sub-conscious.
Something I have seen repeatedly. Although still probably not a good idea. LOL

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by GunzCoty

I think I've found a way round my problem with the clock disturbing me.

I put it across the room on top of a small TV but could still hear it, so it's currently on the floor (polished floorboards, no carpet) and I haven't noticed it for 2 or 3 nights.

I've been experimenting with it today and it doesn't seem quite so loud as it did. I had to hold it quite close to my ear to hear it. I'll have to put it back on the bedside cabinet to see if there really is a change.

It's strange about your watch, these things are really puzzling.

Azuresky - I've been doing a google search on ways to block out noise, but the things most commonly recommended are fans or 'white noise boxes' (sorry can't think of the exact word) both of which are electrical, so I imagine they would add to your problems. It must be awful to live in a quiet place and still be bothered by noise.

I tried to send you a little support the other morning, I think the time for you would have been the early hours, but my dog was on the bed with me. He started wriggling around, distracting me so I ended up trying to send you a happy dream of playing in sunlit fields with us

Hi, Cindy. - hope all is well with you. Those films wouldn't include Farscape, would they? I used to love that.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join