It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

google and the barcode logo

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
what is the message ?
what google is doing actualy ?
in google france we have this...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/77a9a941d8bf.jpg[/atsimg]

is it the anniversary of the barcode ? i dont think so... the barcode was created in 1970 by George Laurer.
what is related to the barcode

in wikipedia : Originally, bar codes represented data in the widths (lines) and the spacings of parallel lines, and may be referred to as linear or 1D (1 dimensional) barcodes or symbologies

Symbologies

The mapping between messages and barcodes is called a symbology. The specification of a symbology includes the encoding of the single digits/characters of the message as well as the start and stop markers into bars and space, the size of the quiet zone required to be before and after the barcode as well as the computation of a checksum. Linear symbologies can be classified mainly by two properties: Continuous vs. discrete: Characters in continuous symbologies usually abut, with one character ending with a space and the next beginning with a bar, or vice versa. Characters in discrete symbologies begin and end with bars; the intercharacter space is ignored, as long as it is not wide enough to look like the code ends. Two-width vs. many-width: Bars and spaces in two-width symbologies are wide or narrow; how wide a wide bar is exactly has no significance as long as the symbology requirements for wide bars are adhered to (usually two to three times wider than a narrow bar). Bars and spaces in many-width symbologies are all multiples of a basic width called the module; most such codes use four widths of 1, 2, 3 and 4 modules. Some symbologies use interleaving. The first character is encoded using black bars of varying width. The second character is then encoded, by varying the width of the white spaces between these bars. Thus characters are encoded in pairs over the same section of the barcode. Interleaved 2 of 5 is an example of this. Stacked symbologies consist of a given linear symbology repeated vertically in multiple. There is a large variety of 2D symbologies. The most common are matrix codes, which feature square or dot-shaped modules arranged on a grid pattern. 2-D symbologies also come in a variety of other visual formats. Aside from circular patterns, there are several 2-D symbologies which employ steganography by hiding an array of different-sized or -shaped modules within a user-specified image (for example, DataGlyphs).

ok no paranoia on this but some question... i dont know if you have the same feeling but actualy all is made to make you think there something behind everything, this littel game start to be very dangerous...

[edit on 6-10-2009 by pitchdragon]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
its on google japan as well.

NO IDEA wtf they are on about. altho the harvest moon logo last week was nice (:

the ufo one zipped around the google world sites.

maybe they are just bored dorks in an office with too much to do and no energy to do it.

"hey lets confuse some people with a barcode!!"

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Thats sure is creepy.

It's in Russia also.

I thought it was a font called "code 39" but after checking the word google it does not appear to be the same. Maybe google has a numerical code? Maybe it is code 39 but not the word google.

It sure is creepy though.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Quick, someone go to wal mart with there screen, they will be sure to have the product it represents!

[edit on 6-10-2009 by gandhi]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Didn't anyone just click on the logo to see where it took you? Google usually links their logo to a page explaining the meaning.

Edit to add: Just checked into it, and it's about google's release of it's new bar code reading software, called ZXING

ZXING

[edit on 6-10-2009 by sensfan]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sensfan

good find i will sleep well tonight

because when i clik on the barcode i have juste history of the barcode and nothing more so i can only think if there any other explantion that there something behind... thank you google

[edit on 6-10-2009 by pitchdragon]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
The barcode patent was issued on October 7, 1952 as US Patent 2,612,994. Today's October 7. If Google considers this the most revolutionary thing to happen on this day in history (and it deserves worlwide recognition), then their values should be held further in question.

October 7 events in history

For conspiracy theorists, barcodes raise a few flags, particularly with the NWO, population tracking, and the Mark of the Beast. Here's is one of the first news articles to come up when you click on the logo:

IBM Builds 'Bar Code Reader' for DNA

A bit about IBM:

During the rise of Nazi Germany and the onset of World War II, IBM had relationships and contracts with the German military/industrial technocracy. IBM's punch card machines were used by Germany to keep track of people who were to be subjected to the Holocaust.[7] Only after Jews were identified—a massive and complex task that Hitler wanted done immediately—could they be targeted for efficient asset confiscation, ghettoization, deportation, enslaved labor, and, ultimately, annihilation. It was a cross-tabulation and organizational challenge so monumental, it called for a computer. ~ source

Now the company that allowed the above to happen is developing the means by which your DNA can be scanned, catalogued, and tracked.

And I easily explored this very shallow rabbit-hole by simply clicking on what the world has access to - Google's logo.

Barcodes, 666, mark of the beast

[edit on 6/10/09 by Evasius]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
What i find interesting is this,
I dont usually find this kinda stuff like "OMGZZ!!!"
but its quite interesting.

This is what represents 6 in a barcode. 2 thin lines as so ...

and look what slap bang in the middle of the Google logo ...

[edit on 7-10-2009 by wazthewazzock]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

Oh my God Evasius where are you from?

thanks for an excellent post.

57 years exactly minus one day, except for you aussie!

so 56 years and 364 days and google in the US the US based companys US homepage just says Google?

Are we property of the government now??

lol.

Very creepy and strange.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

On second thought you are correct. It is post midnight here as in 10/7 and that damn barcode showed up.

Now I am pissed.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
The barcode is in "Code 128"

I give just a little infor on this codeing in this thread:
www.AboveTop Secret.com

probably doesn't mean much to many people, might help understand the coding just a little though.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I dont know what the big fuss is?

It's not like ATS is going to start bar coding us.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Swine Flu.

Vaccinations start today.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
why is everyone tripping out?..i scanned it using my phone and its the word google, and its just a reference to the first patent of the barcode 57 years ago...where is the conspiracy?

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Google's new logo is a barcode which, as far as we can tell, says "Google." Today is the 57th anniversary of the first patent on the bar code. Inventors Norman Woodland and Bernard Silver filed the patent on October 1949, and it was granted, No. 2,612,994 (pdf), on October 7, 1952. The original patent was for a system that would encode data in circles (a bulls eye pattern), so that it could be scanned in any direction.

The barcode on the Google homepage is Code 128 encoded, which is a standard way of encoding ASCII character strings (ie. A-Z, a-z, 0-9, etc.) into a barcode. It would be safe to assume that Google used their own open source barcode project, ZXing, to generate the barcode. The same library is used in Android for barcode recognition.

Google regularly changes its logo for holidays and other special events. Here's their 10th birthday logo from last year, for example. More recently they celebrated Gandhi's birthday. Google hosts some of their holiday logos here, and fan created logos here.

We had to double check that the barcode in this instance was correct (some of the geeks here insist the barcode isn't 100% correct), since Google have previously messed things up a little when they try and talk geek dirty.

New Google Logo Celebrates the Barcode

Added ex tags for external content

[edit on 7/10/09 by masqua]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by spacecowgirl

FYI spacecowgirl's entire post is from this entire article in the Washington Post:

New Google Logo Celebrates the Barcode

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Its the aniversary of th invention of the bar code -_-"

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Haha, that made me laugh!

Seriously though guys, I hate it when this happens. Doesn't everyone know that Google changes its logo to celebrate certain anniversaries?

Obviously not!

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by okamitengu

maybe they are just bored dorks in an office with too much to do and no energy to do it.

Who's the bigger dork? - The one's who designed and uploaded the barcode logo? Or the folks who actually give a damn about something so trivial!

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   

top topics

<<   2 >>

join