It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 People Arrested For Texting G20 Protesters Police Locations

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   

2 People Arrested For Texting G20 Protesters Police Locations

www.youtube.com

According to this CNN story, 2 people were arrested for twittering/texting protesters at G20 in Pittsburg.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.democraticunderground.com

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
This is absolute madness, total police state, total new world order, fascist scum.

People can't even protest at all anymore because the police won't give permits, as if permits should ever be needed, and now, when the protesters try and organize by passing around publicly available information, in order to avoid having chemical weapons like CS gas or sonic weapons like LRAD used on them, or to avoid being rounded up like the sheep our leaders want us to be, that's now a crime too.

These guys better win their case, and win a good settlement from these filthy disgusting fascist pig scum police.

www.youtube.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
How is this a new world order? This is Pennsylvania we are talking about- more specifically the Pennsylvania State Police. Rational groups got permits- just not anarchists bent on destruction and mayhem. If anarchists came to my city, the police would have to protect them from the citizens, who don't want our fair city fouled by drug-fueled kids who have no idea why they are against the G20.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by stevegmu

Why would you deny it is?

You only have to look at whom will be attending this meeting not to realise that the NWO are at work here.

They are trying to control everybody. And stop those, whom know what they are up to, from confronting them.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
This adds more fuel to the fire.
Is that really a bad thing?

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

There's no such thing as a New World Order Movement, anymore than the world is going to end in 2012. I believe people with a bad lot in life simply need to believe all of their problems are cause by others, so believe in the NWO conspiracy.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by stevegmu

Just as there is no Secret societies either right!!

Let them continue pulling the wool over your eyes.

You just continue to obey those, whom try and control your every day life.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Are there any lawyers checking this thread that can address the legality of arresting people for monitoring police activity.

This case, at first glance seems legally questionable. .

link   

Originally posted by stevegmu
reply to post by Laurauk

I believe people with a bad lot in life simply need to believe all of their problems are cause by others, so believe in the NWO conspiracy.

lol, what? There's no NWO, but you admit that there's a g20 who's simple meeting causes basic human rights to be curbed? You do realize that gordon brown (he's part of the g20) called for a new world order, don't you?

You're a hoot!

link   

reply to post by Laurauk

There's no such thing as a New World Order Movement, anymore than the world is going to end in 2012. I believe people with a bad lot in life simply need to believe all of their problems are cause by others, so believe in the NWO conspiracy.

Well, I don't think it's possible to say there isn't a NWO movement, you can't really falsify a claim like that.

I personally don't believe in NWO as some grand freemason conspiracy or anything like that, I just think of it as all the people in positions of power, like Corporations, Politicians, etc, all trying to increase their own power and wealth by any means necessary, the same way power elites have acted for thousands of years. Some may collude, others may not, but what they all have in common is their disdain for the regular populace, and their desire to end up on top no matter who they hurt.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

I am not a lawyer but my guess is that texting/twittering police positions could be construed as interferring in official police business.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Archon_Adept

By NWO I mean the way it is portrayed here- as a clandestine organization of world leaders hell-bent on control and domination, all of whom are puppets of corporations. That's just nonsense.

I don't know where you are from, maybe Greece?, but rioting and destruction of property is not a basic human right.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by StinkyFeet

I am not a lawyer but my guess is that texting/twittering police positions could be construed as interferring in official police business.

It is passive interference at worst.

I wonder if there is precedence for this. If I tell my neighbor that there are police cars down the street, can that same logic be stretched to be used for my arrest?

How would this law (if there is one), apply to journalists?

This seems like a slippery slope to be heading down in my opinion. .

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Well if your neighbor is rioting and throwing rocks and bottles at the police and then you call to warn or tell him where they are at then you will probably be arrested too, as you should be.

[edit on 6-10-2009 by StinkyFeet]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   

a clandestine organization of world leaders hell-bent on control and domination, all of whom are puppets of corporations. That's just nonsense.

Well maybe not a single clandestine organization but unfortunately...
"world leaders hell-bent on control and domination, all of whom are puppets of corporations"
...is undeniable.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   

reply to post by Laurauk

There's no such thing as a New World Order Movement

Think again.

SO out of curiosity, how did the police manages to pin down those texters? Got a slow dial up connection and you tube, these days is simply incredibly to watch videos on that are more than a few mins.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   

How is this a new world order? This is Pennsylvania we are talking about- more specifically the Pennsylvania State Police. Rational groups got permits- just not anarchists bent on destruction and mayhem. If anarchists came to my city, the police would have to protect them from the citizens, who don't want our fair city fouled by drug-fueled kids who have no idea why they are against the G20.

You seem to be confusing real anarchists with idiots there.

Real anarchists AREN'T intent on destruction and mayhem.

Please stop posting such ignorance.

Thankyou.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by miss_silver

When President Bush referred to the new world order, he was speaking about the Gulf War, after the US and coalition forces had annihilated Iraqi armour and sent the Iraqis running back to their hole. That has nothing to do with the alleged NWO.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by StinkyFeet

Well if your neighbor is rioting and throwing rocks and bottles at the police and then you call to warn or tell him where they are at then you will probably be arrested too, as you should be.

[edit on 6-10-2009 by StinkyFeet]

I am pretty sure you are wrong.
This is a very similar case to this one:

NPR's Robert Siegel talks with Harlie "Bill" Walker, from Franklin, Tenn. Mr. Walker flashed his car headlights at other motorists this past August to warn of a speed trap ahead. The city said Walker had violated an ordinance, and fined him $10 plus court costs. He and a town attorney appealed to the circuit court, where Judge Russ Heldman cleared Walker of all charges, saying that flashing lights to warn of a police officer is protected by the First Amendment.

www.npr.org...

I would not be surprised if this gets thrown out of court.

More information here:
www.riehlworldview.com...

[edit on 10/6/2009 by clay2 baraka]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

There's really no difference. The unwashed at the G20 were calling themselves anarchists. Perhaps the black flags with an A in a circle they were carrying were actually CGI the nasty media superimposed.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join