It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who are you Decended From?-A Test

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I stole the idea from wayouttheredude, but I thought it was such a great idea that I want to extend it to different cultures besides the Celts.

Original Thread

First of, listen to the music.

1 Scottish

2 Japanese

3 Chinese

4 Egyptian

5 African

6 Norwegian

Use the numbers to identify the one you are talking about.

1. How did this music from the videos make you feel?

2. Did you feel strong emotions (if so, which ones?)?

3. Did this music from the video give you mental flashes of other lives you lived and this song was being played?

I connected the most with the Norwegian and Scottish music.

I hope the original poster is in no way offended that I did this, but I really thought about adding some more songs. If the OP is offended, I will aks this to be removed.

If anyone has more suggestions for music, tell me.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I always wanted to know where my family comes from

Im Dominican so its either Africa, Spain, or France

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Question One:
1. Scottish- Empowerment
2. Japanese- Intrigued
3. Chinese- Calm
4. Egyptian- Sorrowful
5. African- Joyful
6. Norwegian- Longing

Question Two:
I felt most connected to the Egyptian music. It made me feel so sad. I got goosebumps and involuntarily closed my eyes to take it in. My most intense reaction came from the Egyptian music.

Question Three:
I didn't get any flashes but I wonder what I would get if I meditated while listening to this music.

Thanks a bunch for the amazing music!

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Same here, 1 and 6.

Mostly 1.

Had to stop listening to it 50 seconds through, about to go to sleep and didn't want to get too wound up.

Don't know what it is about bagpipes or that one particular song but it is weird, the effect.

I get sort of shivers every few seconds, like the shiver you get when you get a jolt of adrenaline.

You talk about "seeing past lives", what is that all about?

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Scottish

1. How did this music from the videos make you feel? Nothing

2. Did you feel strong emotions (if so, which ones?)? No

3. Did this music from the video give you mental flashes of other lives you lived and this song was being played? White horses running through a green field.

Japanese

1. How did this music from the videos make you feel? I absolutely loved this music.

2. Did you feel strong emotions (if so, which ones?)? I can't even describe all of the feelings that I felt from this one. Mostly happiness and love. There wasn't any sorrow.

3. Did this music from the video give you mental flashes of other lives you lived and this song was being played? Flashes of a woman with some sort of gold adornment around her head.

Chinese

2. Did you feel strong emotions (if so, which ones?)? Nothing

3. Did this music from the video give you mental flashes of other lives you lived and this song was being played? Nothing

Egyptian

1. How did this music from the videos make you feel? I didn't really feel anything from this. But some inner stirrings of emotion.

2. Did you feel strong emotions (if so, which ones?)? Not really.

3. Did this music from the video give you mental flashes of other lives you lived and this song was being played? No

African

1. How did this music from the videos make you feel? This music made me feel like I was returning to somewhere that I had been before.

2. Did you feel strong emotions (if so, which ones?)? Love, scared

3. Did this music from the video give you mental flashes of other lives you lived and this song was being played? A woman holding a baby in her arms as if she was protecting it from something.

Norwegian

2. Did you feel strong emotions (if so, which ones?)? Nothing

3. Did this music from the video give you mental flashes of other lives you lived and this song was being played? Nothing

The Japanese and African music were the most overwhelming for me. I literally felt like I was returning to a place I had been in the past. I have had many dreams about Japanese in the past, and could never really figure out why, but I was probably Japanese at one point in one of my past lives. I am going to have to do a couple past life tarot spreads on my Japanese past life and African past life. Thank you very much for the experiment, it was very interesting to test out.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I got different feeling from each.

Scottish:
1. How did this music from the videos make you feel? Directed and organized.

2. Did you feel strong emotions (if so, which ones?)? No

3. Did this music from the video give you mental flashes of other lives you lived and this song was being played? no

Japanese
1. How did this music from the videos make you feel? I felt creative, swift and articulate, lik e i was able to maneuver well.

2. Did you feel strong emotions (if so, which ones?)? I felt very sharp and witty

3. Did this music from the video give you mental flashes of other lives you lived and this song was being played? I envisioned watching people dance oddly with white masks on.

Chinese.
1. How did this music from the videos make you feel? I felt growth and regeneration, a vibrant healing and very watery like a waterfall.. and free

2. Did you feel strong emotions (if so, which ones?)? I felt most calm and this felt most familiar

3. Did this music from the video give you mental flashes of other lives you lived and this song was being played? I imagined sitting alone in long grass with mountains around me

Egyptian
1. How did this music from the videos make you feel? I felt my heart skip a beat, i listened to this first and for the longest out of all videos. i felt like i was flying. and/or running like a dog in slow emotion

2. Did you feel strong emotions (if so, which ones?)? I felt very warm, and happy.

3. Did this music from the video give you mental flashes of other lives you lived and this song was being played? I imagined walking around with people who knew exactly what they were doing but no one was saying anything but it seemed like everyone was communicating still

African
1. How did this music from the videos make you feel? It reminded me of my mother

2. Did you feel strong emotions (if so, which ones?)? I felt excited and adventurous and courageous..

3. Did this music from the video give you mental flashes of other lives you lived and this song was being played? no

Norwegian
1. How did this music from the videos make you feel? Cold and mysterious

2. Did you feel strong emotions (if so, which ones?)? I felt very elemental and magical

3. Did this music from the video give you mental flashes of other lives you lived and this song was being played? I felt like i was in a deciduous forest on a mission.

[edit on 7-10-2009 by hautmess]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
The Japanese and chinese music did nothing for me, no association there at all. Same for the Scotish and African music.

I thought the Egyptian song was somewhat mysterious but again didn't make me feel any kind of emotion.

The Norwegian music on the other hand gave me a feeling of serenity, a calm, emotional flow leaning towards acceptance, balance, nature....
Weird, I never listened to this kind of music before and I had no idea of it's impact.

s&f

[edit on 7/10/2009 by GypsK]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

1 Scottish= Made me want to have some beer.

2 Japanese = I kept expecting mount suribachi to explode

3 Chinese = Made me hungry

4 Egyptian = Was kind of cool

5 African = Was kind of cool

6 Norwegian = Felt a little connected.

2. Did you feel strong emotions (if so, which ones?)?

1 and 6
Made me want some beer then go pillage.

3. Did this music from the video give you mental flashes of other lives you lived and this song was being played?

Seriously of Beer and pillaging.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
i felt the japanese song most strongly,why i do not know?

this one is irish

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 7-10-2009 by Missdemeanor]

new topics

top topics

join