It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USAF advises Commercial airliner to 'abandon landing' and follow UFO.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

That being said, I have been around a ton of pilots, cops, engineers and even a couple astronauts that...to be blunt....are no more competent observing things like this than you or I...rather, I bet most of us on this board are more astute when it comes to these things than they would have been.

Why would you say that? Most of us are MORE astute than say, a pilot, who flies daily, and sees planes, clouds, stars, on a regular basis?

I don't get it...

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
It's another pathetic tactic employed by pseudo-skeptics like ITF to try and downplay the importance of the visual recognition of objects by highly trained professionals. Everyday they hold the lives of passengers in their hands and their recognition skills, eyesight health and intelligence is scrutinized at the highest levels of the transportation safety industry on a regular basis. Nope, sorry, that tripe isn't going to fly in this thread or others like it.

Instead of questioning the integrity of the observers, question the integrity of one of the worst military organizations in the history of ANY military on this globe in terms of openness about the UFO phenomenon. The USAF's track record in terms of transparency speaks for itself as it's literally nonexistent.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Jocko Flocko

Hi Jocko, thanks for the post and I do know what you mean but to be fair to ITF he did mention he thought this case to be a "diamond in the rough".

I posted this reply to his earlier comments but as yet have had no reply:

ITF, I'm not questioning your sincerity but could you actualy list some of these UFO incidents you find truly puzzling and explain why you think the UFO subject deserves serious scientific scrutiny.

Thanks.

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Further info about the incident:

Stewardess Sees It Too

Almost instantly, as the big plane turned westward, the captain saw “this bright light hovering over Schenectady.” At first, he said, he thought it was another plane.

“We started to try to by-pass it and I remarked to my first officer, William Neff: “Oh, that’s an awfully bright light!” The stewardess, Miss Phyllis Reynolds of Eggertsville, came into the cockpit and she too saw the light.

“Suddenly, as we came abreast of it,” Capt. Ryan said, “it put on a burst of tremendous speed and darted off to the west.” He said his plane was flying at about 240 miles per hour and estimated the object then was traveling “about 600 or 900 miles per hour.”

He said he could not judge the size of the object. Capt. Ryan explained that “the light was so bright you wouldn’t want to look at it.” He added that the object seemed at times to change color from “a very bright white to an orange color” especially when it passed over cities or towns.

link

Bluebook report card stating object was the planet Venus:

Footnote document viewer

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Relevant thread from Shawmanfromny describing UFO/aircraft incident in same area two years before:

Did A UFO-Air Force Encounter Accidentally Kill 4 In New York?

edit on 16-2-2020 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join