It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fahrenheit 9/11 - now, the heat

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Someone should put together a documentary on fast food and its perils. You know obesity, clogged arteries, children breast fed shamrock shakes. Call that Moore guy and say you're a big fan of his and you just wanted to interview him for a little thing you're doing on the Fattening of America. Put the topic right up his ally -you know corporate responsibility money versus public health.

When you get in the door you stick that micro phone in his face and ask him how he can possibly bear to go out in public after glutting at the trough. He is basically a walking poster child for the evil clown peddlars of Lard. Tell him he is a negative role model and he bears the burden of responsibility parading around as if obesity were cool showing children they can eat a McWhopper for breakfast and three at lunch and still be sucessful movie producers. Does the guy have any shame?

Give him the turn about is fair play after he stuck it to a Senile grandpa Moses in Bowling for Columbine.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 01:36 AM
link   
This movie can't be any more fake than the evidence given for Iraq's WMD and Al Qaeda ties. Fight propoganda with propoganda!

[Edited on 18-5-2004 by heelstone]

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by mewzik
www.informationclearinghouse.info...

Here be a link to a documentary (CA) called Conspiracy Theories that talks about the connection of Bush/BinLaden.

There was a documentary by the BBC caled Bush Family Fortunes that also mentions the Bin Laden connection in Bush's oil firm Arbusto.

You can get clips from the movie here:
100777.com

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
This movie can't be any more fake than the evidence given for Iraq's WMD and Al Qaeda ties. Fight propoganda with propoganda!

[Edited on 18-5-2004 by heelstone]

you mean fight someone else's brand of ignorance with your own brand of ignorance...

what a winning idea!
[/sarcasm]

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   
To all the people you interact with outside of our little community here?
That bin Laden & GHW Bush were investors at the same meeting/table for Carlye on 9/11?
That Arbusto oil, Dim Son's first company was bank rolled by bin Laden's brother in law?
That the Saudis have had numerous investments, and homes, in Texas with the Bushes as their tour guides/benefactors?

Yeah.....such a bad thing to make a movie out of!

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Very interesting observations Sophia and BoutTime.

Moore promises new unseen content. I believe most of this new material casts the American occupying forces in a very poor light.

Anyone seen Fahrenheit 911 yet?

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   
The fat man could never have asked for BETTER publicity than this.

Moore picked up the Palmes D'Or (Best Film) for Fahrenheit 911 at the Cannes Film Festival. With that in the bag, distribution in the US is assured, and the controversy that surrounded previous decisions not to distribute will fuel more bums on seats in more packed houses.

Reuters
Anti-Bush Film Sweeps Cannes
23/05/2004
Reuters

CANNES, France (Reuters) - US director Michael Moore's critique of George W Bush's war on terror, "Fahrenheit 9/11," won the Palme d'Or best film award at Cannes Saturday, capping a festival dominated by politics.

Asia swept three of the top prizes, reflecting its strong presence in the competition.

"What have you done? I'm completely overwhelmed by this," said an emotional Moore, who was momentarily lost for words as the crowd roared its approval.

The controversial documentary, which won a 10-minute standing ovation when shown earlier this week, traces the links that President Bush's family has with Saudi Arabia, including the family of Osama bin Laden.

It then switches to the war in Iraq, with graphic footage of Iraqi wounded and prisoners being abused by American troops.

"I have this great hope that things are going to change," said Moore, whose film was viewed by critics as a partisan polemic in the run-up to November's US presidential election....

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I love how everyone loves to bash Moore, or say that his information is untrue. This is usually done by those who support Bush, yeah Bush is a good honest american (you keep telling yourselves that sheeple.) Or by the Right wing WASP's (should I say NeoCon radicals) who just sit back and point fingers. I watched Bowling For Columbine and thought it was an excellent movie that helped open peoples eyes. Sure there was some things that were left out, but for the most part I did not see anything that was false.

And while there may be some images that look poorly on our armed forces. They are just following orders, its their leaders who are to blame.

[Edited on 23-5-2004 by daeldren]

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme
Do you hate the messenger or the message?

You know what, I asked my self the very same question the first time I noticed all the animosity toward Moore here on ATS. It appears there's more people hating the messenger than the message alone, because I've seen lots of people (not only Republican) bashing him.

I haven't seen that much fiction or lies in Bowling for Columbine, so I'm looking foward to see his next film. Of course, winning the Palme D'Or doesn't mean anything, right? I mean, all those judges must have been wrong or something... Oh wait, it was outside of the USA that's what was wrong...

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Can anyone put info about what lies where in Bowling for? I thought it was an excellent movie about how , the media makes america more scared and violent for ratings, and when they got Kmart to stop selling hand gun ammo. Whats wrong with that. Please enlighten me because it seems pretty truthfull to me.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Sophia

Someone's already doing that, I can't remember his name, but he'll spend a whole month eating only at McDonald, 3 times a day, and is not allowed to do any exercises.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShiftTrio
Can anyone put info about what lies where in Bowling for?

Some stuff along those lines on this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also try this website:

www.mooreexposed.com...

[Edited on 5/23/04 by Seth Bullock]

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Mr. Moore IMHO is too biased for my taste. I'm looking forward to Bob Woodwards book(on the Iraq war) much more than Fahrenheit 9/11.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SophiaEpinoia
Someone should put together a documentary on fast food and its perils. You know obesity, clogged arteries, children breast fed shamrock shakes. Call that Moore guy and say you're a big fan of his and you just wanted to interview him for a little thing you're doing on the Fattening of America. Put the topic right up his ally -you know corporate responsibility money versus public health.

Sophia, check out Super Size Me. It's about this guys who sets out to eat Mc. Foods for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner every day for a month, and if they ask him if he wants to super size his meal he HAS to take it. Very interesting and very disturbing...

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Actually I do agree that Moore flaunts his money too much when he is supposed to be caring for the working class. And he is a bit biased.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
As a gun owner and a firm backer of the right to own weapons I to watched Bowling and even though I did not agree with some of the conclusions I respect it. I do not know of any outright lies in it but maybe not the whole story was told. As for the 911 movie I think it is just the tip of the iceberg that will be coming before the election and if the Democrats do not use the info that is out there such as Moore what does that tell you. The Democrats have been way to quiet about the issue to not have them involved also. Obviousley only the top people are directley involved but why haven't the people lower on the political pole steped up. I say bravo to Moore even though I think his motives are suspect and I am sure he will get rich off of it and it will at least keep Fox News busy slamming him so they don't have to report the real news.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Masked Avatar starts up with,
"The American film-maker has hitherto kept a tight lid on the contents of the documentary, saying only that it includes evidence of alleged links between the Bush and Bin Laden families."

Hmm evidence of allegations eh? I can prove that lots of people alledge crap, but can they prove anything moore (pun intended) than an allegation?

If anti-bush people could prove anything serious other than tenuious relationships/business dealings, dont you think his political enimies would have used this "proof" to bring him down or have kept him from being elected in the first place?

The alledged "proof" is for the mindless masses to consume and wield as if it was fact....those in the game have nothing tangible to hit Bush with over these allegations, or they would have used this to their advantage already.

Daeldren says,
"Sure there was some things that were left out, but for the most part I did not see anything that was false. "

Hmm, isnt ommiting facts/info considered a lie? Just because you cant "see" ythe lie doesnt mean you havnt been lied to.

Morbid says,
"I haven't seen that much fiction or lies in Bowling for Columbine, "

You havent seen that much eh? but this implies that you have seen some then.....
Oh yeah, moore only tells little white lies occasionally, but overall he's telling the truth.....LOL when can you tell his truth from his lies?

So where is the supposed heat in this movie?
I doubght this will do anything more than fuel ignorant, speculative arguments for the trailer trash that will consume them as fact.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 03:19 AM
link   
You know why the NEO-Cons try to discredit Moore and try to make him look like such a liar. Coz he presents the truth in such and interesting way. The man is a genius in my books. People like Noam Chomsky dont get as much bad hype because they arent as in your face as Moore, and people of today love someone who's in your face and present information in an interested, well written manner. I cant wait to watch this film bring Bush down. I'm 'Dude wheres my Country' moore pledged to spend the money he got from bush's high income earners tax cut on getting rid of bush... looks like he's doing a good job thus far... yay for moore!

and to sll those accusing him of lying or ammiting information... i dont see you accusing the administration for lying and ommiting information in their reasons to go to war...

'they had WMD's' show me them (and a sarin gas shell isnt a WMD.
'they have links with al-qaeda/were involved in 9/11' - no and no... so before you go defend bush and accuse moore of lies, how about you look at your presidents track record.

[Edited on 24-5-2004 by specialasianX]

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by CazMedia
1. Masked Avatar starts up with,
"The American film-maker has hitherto kept a tight lid on the contents of the documentary, saying only that it includes evidence of alleged links between the Bush and Bin Laden families."

2. So where is the supposed heat in this movie?

1. Thanks for the attribution, but this was from the article I cited, not me.

2. The heat comes in pointing out how little time "president" Bush actually spent on the job in his first two years in office, from disturbing footage of the US occupation forces' treatment of regular Iraqis, and from the external factors such as the controversy of Disney canning its distribution and Quentin Tarantino backing up that it won its honors in Cannes on its filmic merits and not its politics. It is the first documentary to win this coveted prize since Jacques Cousteau's best known 1950s work.

There is enough heat in this whole project to make your average Republican pull their hair out and froth at the mouth rabidly, and other behaviors that come so naturally.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Well lets see if the BS meter can hit 'Pegged'?
Here is what is said in this article:

Moore denied he set out to make a political film and said Quentin Tarantino, the jury's president, told him the political message of Fahrenheit 9/11 did not influence its decision.

Moore scoops Palme d'Or with attack on US president

Let me see, the editorial documentary is, per the article:

Michael Moore's documentary about the US president's foreign policy and war in Iraq.

Hmm, and this type genre' is not of a political nature?
Let's see, it further covers Bush's, and family, involvement with OBL, and family, and still not political in nature?
It then has, as per the article:

...the love scene between Cheney and Rumsfeld...

And this is still not a political in nature?
Yet you, MA, along with Moore and Tarantino can still laughingly say that its not "a political film" and had no bearing on him winning his coveted award?

How hilarious and ironic, indeed. I guess when the shoe fits, wear it?

seekerof

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join