It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Small Red Dot/circle on my door this morning ?? OMG

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Are they doing a census this year in Canada? Maybe they are marking the doors blue when they talked to the person and red when they are not home so they know who they have to go back to.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Have you called the property manager? That would be my first thought! Secondly, no newspaper or magazine or salespeople better be using permanent marker, that is vandalism!

So, it is either the property manager, a prank, or someone that wants to get drug inside and beat up!

The ones with no dot probably had lights on, or were obviously at home, so they were avoided! It could even be thieves waiting to see which dots get erased right away, and which ones linger for awhile.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I once bought a notebook and when I opened it there was a dot on the front page and the guy behind the counter had shades and a suit on, pretty weird for walmart???
...I'm sorry but I find this pretty funny, your so paranoyed over some dots...and you still have no pics up. Is it taking you that long to draw a dot on your own door??

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I'm calling BS on this. I'll apologize when/if the OP provides proof of several doors with the "spots".

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Smack
I'm calling BS on this. I'll apologize when/if the OP provides proof of several doors with the "spots".

Yea about time someone called bs on this besides me...but even if he shows me a pic with dots on several doors, I doubt I'll believe him. They are just dots and its not really hard to get a marker, draw a few dots on a couple doors and take pics.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
hahahahahahaha all the way at the end and no pics. it was worth scrolling all the way down!

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
My first thought is that this is some way of distinguishing the apartments for some reason - possibly maintenance, checking smoke alarms, something of that nature. Another possibility could be that they are marking the apartments in which the leases are close to the end, versus ones where there is more time. Something of that nature, just a quick and easy way to identify which apartments might need attention or whatever.

The subscription idea sounds reasonable, as well. However, that would be prone to dirty tricks, where someone having a cheaper subscription could simply switch dots with someone having a premium one. Also, people aren't necessarily happy to have little dots stuck onto their doors.

I don't know whether Canada is doing a census any time soon, but it might even be some sort of indicator as to who gets asked what questions.

I highly doubt that this is anything sinister. For one thing, again, someone could easily swap dots, avoiding whatever it is THEY were going to do, and inflicting it on someone else. Or they could simply remove the dot, which would undo their efforts.

If there were a sinister plot involving marking doors, I would expect them to use some sort of fluorescent ink that is invisible in ordinary light, but shines under a blacklight. This would make it easy for THEM to identify whatever it is they want to identify, while avoiding detection by most people, and making it far more unlikely that someone might play around with the markings.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSPigpen
I have reached a new low.
I'm waiting three or four hours for the picture of a red dot on someone's door. Does some one have any meds I can take for this? I think I really need some help.

I have a gun....just promise you will shoot me first

Come on OP, you think its painted on? Sheesh it could be graffitti

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Talk to the other people who have marks on their door and see what they think it's all about.

Also get a feel as to whether they are rebels, church drop-outs, etc. See if you can find a common thread among all of you that have the dots.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
You are either the victim of a prank ( you're sister?) or the political parties in Canada are marking doors for whatever reason.
Conservatives are blue and liberals are evil...cough..cough I mean red.

Are you a Conservative?

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I wish there was an emoticon that had the smiley man snickering.

I was going to ask if this was really a thread about dots on doors but then I realized that I'm contributing to this thread so...

And, true to form... ATSers asking for "pictures of dots on doors" like that's going to be proof of something.

Face it, it's a slow day... back to work.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Typing out a reply calling 'bs' is a waste of your energy for having actually typed it, and a waste of everyone else's for having read it. Give the OP a chance if you're so concerned as to join the discussion. Your responses serve no purpose other than to look 'clever' if indeed he/she is pulling your leg. I'm not even sure what you're calling 'bs' about - whether or not there are actually dots, or whether or not there is some devious motive behind them.

So here's my contribution to add to the blah blah and perhaps to make you even more paranoid - check it's not a laser sight targeted at your door.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Im sure its not bs in the sense that the persons lying about there being a red dot on their door.. well I hope not anyway, very odd thing to lie about!

Either way, a red dot doesnt sound nice... Id put a blue dot over it just to be safe

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Why don't you call the management office for the complex you live in.

I know that sounds way too simple!

It's probably time to check out the fire extinguishers in the place for goodness sakes! Like other posters have mentioned, some type of maintenance to be done.

Instead of freaking out, why don't you let your fingers do the walking on the keypad for you phone instead of your computer?

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evasius
Typing out a reply calling 'bs' is a waste of your energy for having actually typed it, and a waste of everyone else's for having read it. Give the OP a chance if you're so concerned as to join the discussion. Your responses serve no purpose other than to look 'clever' if indeed he/she is pulling your leg. I'm not even sure what you're calling 'bs' about - whether or not there are actually dots, or whether or not there is some devious motive behind them.

So here's my contribution to add to the blah blah and perhaps to make you even more paranoid - check it's not a laser sight targeted at your door.

Typing doesn't really take that much energy out of me, but after what you just said, you responding to what I wrote is quite hypocritical don't you agree?
And red dots...ok let it be, but after the OP posted this:
"Btw my sister said she a man dressed in a plain clothing with Secret service type glasses on going door to door and checking his paper or whatever," I just think its ridiculous to be so paranoyed that when you see a red dot on your door you think it's the secret service out to get you...Maybe they want to get you because you read conspiracy theories on ATS???

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I woke up this morning and found a red dot on my face... i think its a spot, but i cant reach my camera right next to me to take a pictue of it for you.

Hint, hint.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Just switch your red sticker out with a blue one, that way when the NWO hit team shows up they'll shoot that jerk who keeps parking in your space and playing loud music all night instead of you.

Isn't it great the NWO would use removable stickers like that?

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Ok so its been well over 3 or 4 hours OP...where are these pics?

Thanks again...for nothing

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Talk about an anticlimactic rip off...

So.. just so no one else wastes their time with no flippin door at the end... here's a door.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/152eb735adbe.jpg[/atsimg]

It ain't the door the OP was yammering about. But it's a door.

... Not even a very pretty door.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Eh... it's fairly common for newspaper carriers to mark customers premises (mailboxes or doors or doorways for apartments) with a sticker to indicate whether they normally get papers daily, weekly etc.

Here's a link to one newspaper's site's Q&A about this ..
Huntsville Times (AL.com)

Quoting that:

Mailbox dots help carrier deliver
By Ronnie White
August 27, 2007, 6:00AM
Q. Why are there small circles (reflective dots) on certain mailboxes in the Hazel Green area? We have noticed them in several neighborhoods and they are mostly gold, some are red and others are blue/green. Not every mailbox has one, but they have just appeared and we have no clue as to why.
A. Those reflective stickers are used by The Huntsville Times carriers to identify the type of newspaper delivery the household receives. In most cases, yellow is every day, green is weekend and red is Sunday only.
"These reflectors help our contractors deliver the newspaper properly," said Circulation Director Frank Maier. "After a few weeks carriers become more familiar with these different types, but at night mailboxes can look the same. When the carrier's car headlights hit the reflector the carrier can easily remember a subscriber's delivery type."
If a carrier has an emergency or takes a few days off, the reflectors help the substitute deliver the route before the delivery deadline, Maier said.
Got a question? Submit it to [email protected] or phone it in to 536-8255. Include your name, hometown and phone number.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join