It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the U.S. Preparing to Bomb Iran?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Is the U.S. Preparing to Bomb Iran?

abcnews.go.com

First, some background: Back in October 2007, ABC News reported that the Pentagon had asked Congress for $88 million in the emergency Iraq/Afghanistan war funding request to develop a gargantuan bunker-busting bomb called the Massive Ordnance Penetrator (MOP). It's a 30,000-pound bomb designed to hit targets buried 200 feet below ground. Back then, the Pentagon cited an "urgent operational need" for the new weapon.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I know I know, heard it all before, another Iran thread.

But the citing of the extra funding request and the attempts to accelerate the integration of the bomb actually make this piece from ABC quite interesting.

The comptroller said the Pentagon planned to spend $19.1 million to procure four of the bombs, $28.3 million to accelerate the bomb's "development and testing", and $21 million to accelerate the integration of the bomb onto B-2 stealth bombers.

(Sorry Mods for the need to quote more!)

An 'Urgent operational Need'.

OK, so where in the world would the US need a bunker penetrating to 200 feet bomb? Taliban, no, Iraqi insurgents, no.

Just one, maybe two places guys, Irani Nuclear facilities and possibly Korean facilities as well.

The request was quietly approved. On Friday, McDonnell Douglas was awarded a $51.9 million contract to provide "Massive Penetrator Ordnance Integration" on B-2 aircraft.

Hold onto your hats!

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 6-10-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
The only way Obama will approve bombing Iran is if he needs the media attention to be diverted from a scandal or something else negative like healthcare being passed with a majority of Americans against it.

Good ole Clinton bombed an aspirin factory when the Lewinsky thing heated up to try the same trick.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Time to Wag The Dog, eh ?

2nd line

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Oh please... It's not wagging the dog, it's a lot more serious. If negotiations stall, Israel will sooner or later attack, and the US will be dragged into it for many reasons. If not for Israel, there'd be little motivation to do so.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
$88 million to develop? I call BS. Ya know they already have the schematics to build it...and I know that it don't cost $88 million for 30,000 pounds of TNT. Oh well, more money crapped into the Military Industrial Complex.

[edit on 6-10-2009 by Aggie Man]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
We have been accused of preparing to bomb Iran for many years now.

Now the article about the bomb "being rushed" was nothing more than a political ploy.

It basically was telling Iran, we can destroy your underground bunkers with non-nuclear bombs.

As silly as it seems, it is one thing to bomb Iran, it is an entirely different kind of thing if even the smallest nuclear weapons are used.

It is that "invisible line" that must not be crossed... and most countries know it.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

The book, not the movie....and it is very serious. It's all about creating a distraction.......

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I really see the bombing of Iran as an unavoidable eventuality. I think it was set in motion a ling time ago and everything we see today is just warming us up for it. I hope I'm wrong, though.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
Oh please... It's not wagging the dog, it's a lot more serious. If negotiations stall, Israel will sooner or later attack, and the US will be dragged into it for many reasons. If not for Israel, there'd be little motivation to do so.

Urgh how the heck did we get tied with israel? How did the religious zealots infiltrate DC and drag us into this? Let Israel do there own...
We have dragged ourselves to our knees in the middle east...

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSPigpen
I really see the bombing of Iran as an unavoidable eventuality. I think it was set in motion a ling time ago and everything we see today is just warming us up for it. I hope I'm wrong, though.

I agree mate, and you just know who it was who first helped and assisted Iran get off the ground with their nuclear program in the 1950's......

It was Uncle Sam who first gave Iran nuclear equipment

en.wikipedia.org...

Man, that blew my mind when I found that out a few minutes ago!

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
There are already several other thread discussing this issue.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by December_Rain
There are already several other thread discussing this issue.

Too true mate, and I mentioned as much.

But this:

The request was quietly approved. On Friday, McDonnell Douglas was awarded a $51.9 million contract to provide "Massive Penetrator Ordnance Integration" on B-2 aircraft.

Is a new development, and needs to be brought to everyone's attention!

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Well one thing is for sure if the US bomb Iran the US is doomed even more financially then they are now. I dont see how the US can gain anything from even arguing whether or not to bomb Iran.

One thing is to bomb but can the US afford to fight the retaliation that will fallow. You cant bomb Iran and just say finished.

Sometimes i wonder what Americans are thinking or if they even think at all. It seams like the only profession the Americans can is war.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I doubt Obama will bomb anyone. It would make too many people mad at us. I dont think he could muster up an apology for that one.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
It wont happen simply because if it does happen US knows it's problem will increase 1000 times. What now seems to be hard time in terms of finance, people oppossing wars, deaths of US soldiers, failed Iraq & Afghanistan war, economic conditions etc. it will look like child's play in future. Obama knows Iran's people will never sit quiet if such a thing ever happened eventhough currently they oppose Ahemjedinad. It was in news 1-3 days ago the oppossition leaders in Iran said in press release they will back Ahamjedinad incase of any attacks too retaliate and so will the public by any means.

Secondly, if you think Russia and China will let this happen you are mistaken as both are trading parteners with Iran and are also helping Iran build Nuclear plant and enrich uraniuum under IAEA guidelines.

Third, there is no ground to attack Iran. No "facts", no "proofs".

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

^^

search is your friend

and

It basically was telling Iran, we can destroy your underground bunkers with non-nuclear bombs.

if you read the above thread - which you also commented in - you will see teh quoted statement of yours is rubbish.

[edit on 6/10/09 by Harlequin]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

I completely agree with you.

Which is why there WILL be some sort of False Flag attack on Israel or the US to give them a reason to do it, simples!!!!

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Once upon a time these threads would read "Is Bush Preparing to Bomb Iran?".

Now it's "Is the U.S. Preparing to Bomb Iran?".

I mean Obama couldn't be preparing to bomb anyone could he, he's just so cute and cuddly, so we'll just refer to a generic "U.S.".

Last time I checked, Obama is putting more troops into Afghanistan, has sanctioned Hellfire attacks on selected targets in Pakistan, and (kinda)authorized the shooting of 3 Somali muslim pirates who were holding an American hostage.

So can't we ask "Is Obama Preparing to Bomb Iran?" or is the truth too painful to bear?

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Now that its completely clear amongst the majority that democrat and republicans are the same in disguise.. the question is now, "will the US..."

Short answer, yes.

Long answer, maybe. The propaganda machine has been hyping this one up for a while now. A lot of countries are falling into swing and becoming "more concerned" with Iran. Perhaps it is only a matter of time. It is hard to tell.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join