It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India ramping up propaganda/rhetoric for war with china

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I don't see the motivation. I agree with the person that said it is unlikely that any wars will be started between China and India over "incursions". There has to be more to the story. Who benefits from the war? The only thing in this thread so far that seemed likely to be connected to a reason was the oil pipeline....

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by hillbilly4rent

this is the evidence i was talking about, scary... not that i dont think itd affect us at all... just the fact that a major war would be goin on is spooky enough to me

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Let us not forget that both of these countries are VERY nuclear armed as well.
No one "wins" in an war (I think most would agree) but what are the ramifications of THESE countries fighting?

India's historical enemy is Pakistan, who is in a fight for it's life with the Taliban insurgents and in an ALMOST de facto fight with the U.S.
The U.S. is fighting the Taliban and taking pressure off of the "Kashmir issue" (the main bone of Indo/Pak contention). This leaves India to "diddle" in other areas. India and China are the "West's" biggest customers/trading partners. So could trade have a lot to do with this?

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
It's funny the naivety that exists on this website and specifically in this thread. It won't happen? They'd never do it? India would be crazy? It's just posturing? blah blah. Why do human beings think major war and even WWIII is so impossible in this day and age? We have mad men at the helm willing to do anything to gain control, decrease population etc. Do you honestly think India and China wouldn't go to war over something like this? These countries are DESPERATE! China is getting desperate in so many ways it's obvious. They repositioning themselves as a dominant world power all over the globe. This is VERY serious and is not something that is just going to go away because you have your head buried in the sand or because "they have too much to lose"! WRONG! China has TOO MUCH TO gain! Don't for a second trivialize that area of the world breaking out in major war in the next 5 years. It could happen and the probability of it actually happening is greater than it not happening. Major conflicts have been started over a lot less. Don't kid yourselves America isn't the only one who can start wars nowadays.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
India and China go to wars , Pakistan joins China they along with India can not provide proper manning to nuclear site terrorist get the bomb nuke Israel, Israel nukes Iran bam end of story

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
When I saw this topic, I had to start an account and reply. I recently had a dream just this past weekend about a nuclear war starting between China and India. I have no idea why I had this dream, I haven't heard anything about any kind of tension or even the build up of forces in that area on any kind of news program. I've had no clue about what's been going on over there recently. I'm not Chinese or Indian, nor do I have any friends that are. I have been reading my world history textbook for History 1010 at my local community college which has covered early Chinese and Indian complex societies.

I remember some details about the dream, which I usually don't remember at all.
- Nuclear war between China and India
- worried that nuclear war would become worldwide, affecting U.S.
- worried for the safety of my girlfriend
- extremely scared

When I woke up, I groggily checked online to make sure no giant war headlines were on the news sites. But I wasn't all that worried, because the earth wasn't shaking when I woke up. I don't know when the date was in the dream. I've told my girlfriend, but no one else. I thought it odd that China and India would go to war, but I never researched it after because I didn't think it significant, until seeing this thread.

Anyone else have anything similar happen to them?

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
China and Pakistan are allies.

Pakistan and India are enemies.

India and China are the rising powers of Asia and just happen to be closely located to each other.

India and China will be vying for whatever oil the US Navy allows to go their way.

It is obvious that China and India are rivals and might be destined for war. When great powers grow up near each other, tensions flare. This is a historical fact.

The problem with China is that there are too many fat targets. Imagine a few missiles falling on the Three Gorges Dam as well as other dams. The Indian military might not be as large, but they are combat tested. The Indian Navy is much more advanced and organized.

In a conventional war, the two sides will probably stalemate. China will however pay a higher price for such a conflict not only with crippling damage to its infrastructure but also its ability to maintain rival status with the U.S. military.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Latest article on the subject:

www.examiner.com...< br />
"Tensions have flared between both China and India militaries along their disputed 2,175 mile-long border, with both sides alleging more frequent troop incursions in recent weeks. China is upset when the Indian prime minister recently visit the disputed region. China considers an Indian-occupied piece of it’s own Tibetan Autonomous Region, has added flames to the fire.

China of course already deeply resents the fact that the top Tibetan leader, and several hundred thousand exiled Tibetans, are allowed to reside in India."

Looks like this may be becoming a reality.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join