It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India ramping up propaganda/rhetoric for war with china

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
A war between India and China is looking more and more inevitable. In recent days, the Indian media has really been throwing it out there:

-"Indian Army ready and capable of delivering a crushing defeat to Chinese military : Army Chief General Deepak Kapoor "
www.indiadaily.com...

-"Indian space technology will provide advantage for Indian Army over Chinese Military"
www.indiadaily.com...

-"Tensions over India-China border"
english.aljazeera.net...

-'High alert along India-China border in Uttarakhand"
www.business-standard.com...

Something is brewing....

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

most interesting, i had heard somr whispers but hadnt any idea the rhetoric was ramped up this much. i know they fought in the 60's w/ the chinese crushing the indians but it was more or less a stalemate. itll be intresting to see what happens. i know the majority of india's armed forces are along the pakistani border and jammu and kasmir.. any signs of thier army repositioning itself? that would be troubling... imagine, the two world most populated countries going at it... itd be bloody.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
What is it that they would be fighting over ?

It will be interesting to see how this unfolds .

Edit to add .. The current tension seems to be related to incursions into Indian territory by China .

What does China have to gain from entering Indian territory ? I don't see India and China going to war over incursion ??

Are these two nations destined to duke it out in the coming years , I think yes its likely as the both try and exert there dominance in the region .

I cant see the US minding a conflict between these two nations , specially when China tries to cash in some of those many many USD that they are in possession of .

We might even see the US instigating such a conflict .

[edit on 6-10-2009 by Max_TO]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Wow. This is going to be much more serious then our little pond wars. Both are nuclear superpowers. Both have a lot of manpower. Both will loose a lot if this war will start. And India will loose much more ,me thinks. So i do not think that there will be any war between two in the near future. And i surely hope that there will be no war between these two.
A stupid question - how come mass media do not present this tension build up. It involves directly almost 3 billion people!

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Here's an article from the bottom of the first link...

Pak worried but India says nuclear submarine is geared to counter Chinese threat
Oct. 2, 2009
www.indiadaily.com...

India's defense minister A K Antony on Thursday said that the country, though a late starter, is strengthening its capabilities as an effective deterrent against China.

He says while trying to resolve border dispute amicably, India's military will be superior to that of Chinese. The 1962 will never happen again. If there is a war, China will learn not to mess around with a nation filled with software engineers. Modern warfare is software driven. Numerical or hardware superiority cannot win a war these days.
More at Link...

These articles do seem to be insinuating something eh? :shk:

And another link...Hmmm...

Maoists target Indian Air Force, IAF ready to fire back
Oct. 1, 2009
www.indiadaily.com...

[edit on 10/6/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Interesting. There is so much going on...I hadn't heard anything about this. Thanks for posting.

It's more good news if you are a World War Fan or a big supporter of massive casualties!

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
And another story about the Maoists...

Maoist guerrillas kill abducted cop
Oct. 6, 2009
www.indiadaily.com...

"The body of the official was found near Taimara valley situated on the Ranchi-Jamshedpur highway on Tuesday morning. The body has been identified and sent for postmortem. Maoists killed him by slitting his throat," said R.K. Mallik, the deputy inspector general of police, Ranchi range.

A Jharkhand police officer, who had been abducted by Maoist guerrillas and was sought to be swapped for three of their leaders, including Kobad Ghandy, was found with his throat slit on the Ranchi-Jamshedpur highway Tuesday morning.

"This is an act of cowardice of Maoist rebels who killed a police officer who was posted in the Specials Branch," Mallik told.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
India has moved its supply of mig 29s to Adampur India which is a short trip to china they claim its for Pakistani terrorists but there has ben the threat of them for years so why this sudden move

www.indiadaily.com...

Just found this little peace to me it seems they are gearing up
"He says while trying to resolve border dispute amicably, India's military will be superior to that of Chinese. The 1962 will never happen again. If there is a war, China will learn not to mess around with a nation filled with software engineers. Modern warfare is software driven. Numerical or harware superiority cannot win a war these days."

www.indiadaily.com...

[edit on 6-10-2009 by hillbilly4rent]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Here's a link to some more news from the past couple of months...

www.indiadaily.com...

A lot of tough talk being slung around...
:shk:

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
"Possible 30,000 troop build up on the border."

www.atimes.com...

This article mentions an Iranian/Pakistani/Chinese pipeline. Does that include this territory?

This is the same area that people say there are a number of steady UFO sightings.

The main question is, is what is it about this area that has any value whatsoever, unless it has something to do with the pipeline it doesn't make sense.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
First of all Maoist have nothing to do with China. That's a completely different issue.

Secondly, It's not India but China that started the war rhetoric after repeated incursion in India territory and even put up signs within Indian border. Indians are just replying to the War rhetoric of China.

From a thread I made here

Originally posted by December_Rain

Break India, says China think-tank

timesofindia.indiatimes.com

New Delhi took exception to an article on a quasi-official Chinese website, which boasted that the “great Indian federation” was ripe for dismemberment if Beijing tried just a little.
Posted on April 8 on the website iiss.cn (International Institute for Strategic Studies), the article detailed a roadmap for breaking up India. “To split India, China can bring into its fold countries like Pakistan, Nepal and Bhutan, support Ulfa in attaining its goal for Assam’s independence...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk
www.examiner.com
in.news.yahoo.com
chinathinktanks.wordpress.com

Third, India has protested several times to China incursion, marking of signs "within" Indian territory. But China thinks it will get away just like it did with Tibet..to that I say to Chinese...dream on!!

[edit on 6-10-2009 by December_Rain]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

"Third, India has protested several times to China incursion"

I just womder when the protesting is going to stop and the fight starts

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by hillbilly4rent

It wont, China is just testing India's border defense. This has been happening regularly from past several years 10-20 yrs I guess, it's nothing new. Chnese soldiers cross over the boundary to Indian side at times, place signs. and go back.

Only lately has China started building railway tracks which connects to the Indo-China border and thatt's why India placed their Mig's near the border and moved troops to avoid any further "adventure" by China. It wont come to anything at all not in another 25 yrs atleast.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
That's suicide for india. They're up against an army of 1 billion.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
India is reminding me of North korea isnt it..

didnt see this brewing up....tks for posting hehe

but links posted are mainly the India side right?...what are the Chinese saying??.

history repeats its self..the one who shouts more..this time...and that time...and our army...and ourweapons...is the underdog side

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by heineken

The OP didnt present a full picture lol. Only showing India is behind the "propoganda and rrhetoric" but did'nt put up the full details as to why and not covering China's side? It's like showing one side of frame.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Global depopulation anyone? With each country sporting a population of +1Billion, I say we (Americans) just sit back and watch this one from the bleachers.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by December_Rain
reply to post by heineken

The OP didnt present a full picture lol. Only showing India is behind the "propoganda and rrhetoric" but did'nt put up the full details as to why and not covering China's side? It's like showing one side of frame.

I am not leaning one way or another. I simply came across all of this rhetoric and thought others should see it. If I could translate chinese, I'm sure I'd find plenty on the other side as well.

I mostly posted this because I have started numerous threads recently relating to this, and I just thought I'd centralize it. Here are the other articles I have cited:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There have been others as well....the point is, it's really heating up.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Alright mate I see your point there.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Im not finding much on china's side

"KATHMANDU (AFP) – Nepal is to deploy armed police along its northern border with Tibet, the country's home minister has said, days after nearly 80 Tibetans were arrested in the capital Kathmandu."

"The move is part of a plan to make Nepal's border with neighbouring China more secure, Bhim Rawal said in an interview published Sunday, but he denied the government was acting under pressure from Beijing "

news.yahoo.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join