It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Banker: "You will know how worried by the thunder of denials"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Two VERY interesting quotes in light of each other.

Quote #1: Chinese banking source quoted in The Independent

“America and Britain must be very worried. You will know how worried by the thunder of denials this news will generate.”

Source:
www.independent.co.uk...

Quote #2: And here come said denials, just like clockwork. Via Reuters:
ca.reuters.com...

Big oil producing nations denied a British newspaper report on Tuesday that Gulf Arab states were in secret talks with Russia, China, Japan and France to replace the U.S. dollar with a basket of currencies in trading oil.

The dollar eased in response to the report, which was written by The Independent’s Middle East correspondent Robert Fisk and cited unidentified sources in Gulf Arab states and Chinese banking sources in Hong Kong.

It said the proposal was for trade in crude oil to move over nine years to a basket of currencies including the Japanese yen, the Chinese yuan, the euro, gold and a new, unified currency planned for nations in the Gulf Co-operation Council, which includes Saudi Arabia and Kuwait.

The report coincides with a wider debate on the role of the dollar as the world’s reserve currency, which has come under question. For most of this decade, the United States has struggled to maintain the dollar’s value.

But top officials of Saudi Arabia and Russia, speaking on the sidelines of International Monetary Fund meetings in Istanbul, denied there were such talks. The two countries are the world’s largest and second-largest oil exporters.

Asked by reporters about the newspaper story, Saudi Arabia’s central bank chief Muhammad al-Jasser said: “Absolutely incorrect.” He repeated the same response when asked whether Saudi Arabia was in such talks.

Kuwait’s oil minister and a well-placed source in the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries made similar remarks. Russia’s deputy finance minister Dmitry Pankin said: “We did not discuss this at all.”

The dollar slipped in the wake of the newspaper story. The euro edged up as high as $1.4749, although it fell back to $1.4701 when the Saudi Arabian and Russian officials denied the report. Oil prices rose above $71 a barrel on Tuesday.

Algerian Finance Minister Karim Djoudi told Reuters: “Oil producing countries need to stabilize revenues but…I don’t see a need for oil trade to be denominated differently.

“But we are at the IMF conference where all sorts of subjects are raised and discussed,” he added.

‘NOT LIKELY’

Analysts said that while individual countries would find it relatively easy to stop using the dollar in oil trades, as Iran has done, replacing the currency in which oil is priced would require a massive effort.

The newspaper story did not make clear how the change would work, and many analysts doubted it would occur any time soon.

“I don’t think this is a likely scenario in the short to medium term,” said Carsten Fritsch, oil analyst at Commerzbank in Frankfurt. “Without Saudi Arabia’s support it is difficult to imagine that the dollar will be replaced.”

The Independent said U.S. authorities were aware that the meetings had taken place but had not discovered the details and were “sure to fight this international cabal.”

More at source
ca.reuters.com...

ca.reuters.com...

[edit on 10/6/09 by silent thunder]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Nice catch. One flag coming up!

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I will say this, and I am not trying to suggest that these secret talks did not happen because they very well may have taken place and it would not surprise me if they did, BUT that statement by the Chinese can be classified as being wholeheartedly ridiculous. It is very much in the same vein as saying that people who are uncomfortable around open homosexuals are, themselves, closet homosexuals or the old playground taunt of "he who denied it, supplied it" in regards to passing gas. It's a circuitous argument at best and it was stated by the Chinese purely in the hopes of causing confusion and doubts.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Apparently this is an 8-year process, not an overnight event...but the Bourse will be a major blow to the Americans, especially the hegemony of the USDollar that they have enjoyed since the end of WWII.

Since neither the Yuan or the Euro or the Pound will be able to step right in immediately as the 'international reserve-currency of choice' to replace the USDollar, it will be a slow-burn to a final meltdown for the American economy which is already tottering under a deficit that is spirilling out of control and a woefully Un-Educated and thoroughly Dumbed-Down and increasingly Un-Skilled general population (and therefore more likely to stay Un-Employed) who are far more conversant with the state of Britney Spears' boob-job than they are about 'more complex' issues such as the global march towards a one-world currency run by the Billionaire Global Economic Elite Few whose favourite term for the common mass of humanity is : 'useless eaters' !!

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sigismundus
Apparently this is an 8-year process, not an overnight event...

Everyone will try to drag it out for as long as possible. I've heard other sources saying it will be much sooner than even those eight years mentioned, but I don't know what exactly that entails or how reliableble that info is.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Nothing new, obviously the elite has been planning the callaspe of the dollar to bring in a new currency.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
We have all the resources we need, the worlds strongest military with TEch probally 40 years a. of the Chinese and Rusians but be afraid.
Americans need to stop being afraid of everything that is why we are so easily controlled. The Chinese need food worse than any country and fuel.
The US is actually becoming less dependant on Petrol. We have enough Natural Gas to last the next century. Lets see how the world fares with out us and start putting are own house in order. If the Chinese want to Fight the US they know they will lose within a matter of days. Migs verse Raptors and Super hornets that will last long. God only knows what weapons we could unleash if pushed. All this fear mongering is just to get the Amero put into effect. We might as well just get the NAU started and start duking it out with the other Empires and get it over with. Humanity has become a bunch of scared childre looking for a savior instead of accepting responcibility for the world we have allowed to be created.
Lets start dropping bombs and let the srvivors start over.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Hmm....if the dollar does collapes, so will the influance with Israel. Certain arab states should take note of this fact.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by MADCZAR

That's all you idiots know how to do...blow stuff up. Why don't you blow up DC then? Oh, cuz you've got no intelligence whatsoever. You'll kiss and lick their boots when they use your tax dollars to bail out goldman and use the military to blow up innocent women and children.

Hooya!

[edit on 7-10-2009 by Archon_Adept]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I guess you didnt get my meaning I agree with you I just dont have any hope in changing the course we are on.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
it makes sense if you ask me. we are currently trading with china, russia and japan using worthless paper. these countries are going to get tired of this eventually, and since these countries actually have the capacity to stand against us in the event of a war, well can you really blame them if they have secret talks about the issue?

why could it lead to war? well look at what happened to sadam hussein when he tried to stop selling oil for u.s. dollars. iraq was invaded almost overnight. but these other countries, they won't stand for such an invasion. and now they are having secret talks with each other, possibly even setting up an alliance.

[edit on 7-10-2009 by Youji69]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
I will say this, and I am not trying to suggest that these secret talks did not happen because they very well may have taken place and it would not surprise me if they did, BUT that statement by the Chinese can be classified as being wholeheartedly ridiculous. It is very much in the same vein as saying that people who are uncomfortable around open homosexuals are, themselves, closet homosexuals or the old playground taunt of "he who denied it, supplied it" in regards to passing gas. It's a circuitous argument at best and it was stated by the Chinese purely in the hopes of causing confusion and doubts.

My thoughts exactly. It reminds me of the 'Life of Brian' quote - 'Only the true Messiah denies his divinity'

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
The denials has been going on since the talks about changing the dollar as the preferred international currency of choice keeps going.

This has been the agenda of many countries around the world and they are getting more allies by the day.

Is going to happen and the sad thing is that many here in the US will come out and say that they never knew this was going on.

But we have many threads in ATS that has been keeping tracks of what is going on with the world and the American falling dollar.

Well I am ready when the news of new currencies comes out and denial is for the uninformed as usual.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
i sense a trade war soon. all the 'free market' PR will be purged from the books and be replaced by a compliance doctrine, where similar environmental, labor and energy standards must be followed before trade on even ground is even considered.

bait & switch, works every time.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
In every cloud there is always a possible silver lining?

Will America Trade Places With China?

[Food For Thought]

Believe me it’s not as absurd as it sounds.

China has an economy of approximately $4 trillion, the same size as that of Japan. The United States has an economy of $14 trillion. China has a population of approximately 1.2 billion. Japan has a population of approximately 125 million. The United States has a population of approximately 300 million.

So the disparity in income, which still vastly favors the United States, is evident. Yet the fact is that the United States is declining. China is ascending. While the dollar is collapsing, the Yuan is rising. The heroes of Wall Street, some of whom believe in stealing from the world and giving to themselves, are driving the stock market higher because the dollar is collapsing.

American goods will be priced less than Chinese goods.

So the income of Chinese workers will increase due to the increase in the value of the Yuan while those of American workers will decrease with the decrease in the value of the dollar. American goods will become cheaper. This will power American exports because those ubiquitous plastic flip flops will be cheaper to produce in America than to produce in China.

This is good news for farmers because American beef, pork and lamb will then be exported to China due to the dollar’s collapse. This would be good news for the auto industry because with low labor costs and no pension benefits, the American auto industry would eventually be owned by Chinese and Indian companies. American cars will once again be exported throughout the world.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Sure it will be great working for $2 a day making flip flops ..

The US economy is going to suffer - a lot - and the middle class will vanish, to be replaced by the poor, and the poorer.

Somehow people seem to be thinking that the Uk is going to ok - the Brits are going to suffer almost as much as the US. The pound is very shaky - and hasn't got much backing it - there has been appreciation in the UK real estate market - expect a severe reversal.

Get a FOREX account - short the dollar against yen, aud or whatever - its free money.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

Is been happening, that is why the government is applauding the increase in service jobs after all most of them are in the minimum wage.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amagnon
Somehow people seem to be thinking that the Uk is going to ok - the Brits are going to suffer almost as much as the US. The pound is very shaky - and hasn't got much backing it - there has been appreciation in the UK real estate market - expect a severe reversal.

Won't Britain just join the Euro?

If what the Chinese banker in the "decline of the dollar" article said is true then Britain only held off from joining the Euro earlier in order to help to try and keep the USA afloat.

[edit on 7-10-2009 by mc1km]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
They have saidm, our officals, it may take 8 or 9 years to recover from tnis ecession and money mess....here we her, this money conversion thing might take 8 years or so...dosnt it osund planned out? slip in the new to replace the old, so no one gets in an immediate uproar* what a coincidence,, 8-9 years for a financial mess predicted to be cleaned up, and a possible introduciton of the YEN beng the new world currency. waht a coincidence indeed
sounds like corporate america will be hiring sweat shop laborers for 10 cents a day, and maanger will be a guy with a bamboo shoot stick waitn got beat yuo for not prodcuing as thier quata, or being, god firbid, 30 seconds* late to work.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by mc1km

Originally posted by Amagnon

Won't Britain just join the Euro?

If what the Chinese banker in the "decline of the dollar" article said is true then Britain only held off from joining the Euro earlier in order to help to try and keep the USA afloat.

[edit on 7-10-2009 by mc1km]

The Anglo-American financial interests are very intertwined. It was no accident that, among the three global superstates in Orwell's book "1984," the UK was part of "Oceania" (which included the US) rather than "Eurasia" (continental Europe and Russia).

Still, things can always change with rapid speed...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join