It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Spain Vid

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Found this looks intresting..

A Scots holidaymaker told on Friday how he spotted a UFO hovering above a

Spanish tourist town from his hotel balcony.

Raymond Meyer, of Guardbridge, near St Andrews, Fife, was in his hotel room at the Hotel Siroco in Benalmadena when he saw the object a few hundred yards away.

He has placed the footage - shot in mid-September - on video site YouTube, where hundreds of visitors have already viewed the film.

Now he hopes those who watch the two-and-a-half minute video can help him unravel the mystery object - and find out whether an alien presence really was over the Spanish holiday resort, or whether there is a simpler explanation.

Mr Meyer said: "I filmed the object from my room balcony on Saturday September 12 at 8.45pm.

"I had watched the object for about five minutes before getting my camcorder and recording it.

"After I had recorded the sequence the object drifted towards me, turned on its end then went vertically up until it disappeared from view.

"Unfortunately my camcorder wouldn't refocus to film this.

"Since returning from holiday, I've shown numerous people the footage and it's left everyone speechless."
www.darkphenomena.co.cc

MOD EDIT: Link fixed

[edit on October 8th 2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Im new to this so i apologise

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by christophersupertramp

Well it looks like a kite, flies like a kite and stays in the same area like a kite and was still there when the filming stopped so I'll go for kite.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
i agree , i'll go with kite aswell

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Box kite, lame.

"After I had recorded the sequence the object drifted towards me, turned on its end then went vertically up until it disappeared from view." = BS

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I'm on the fence on this one, interesting catch. I emailed the person that shot the video to join the discussion here. Hopefully, he/she will join us and answer some questions we all may have.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Well here I am in person. The guy who filmed the clip. Thanks for inviting me to join you all. I'll gladly answere anyones questions regarding my sighting. Just like to say at this point that what I filmed was not a balloon or kite. For the past 26 years I've worked at RAF Leuchars air base in Scotland. I'm fimiliar with most types of military and civillian aircraft. The object I filmed in Spain was a good distance away so I would say it was of a reasonable size. It also stayed stationary without the slightest movement for the best part of 10 mins. The movement by the object on my film is a result of my camera shake and my camcorder not having picture stabalizing. When the object did make a manouver, it definately appeared to be under control. When the object ascended, it went up as straight as an arrow, without the slightest deveation. I watched it for approx 15 secs untill it was at about 30,000-40,000ft and then it was gone. All I can say is "I know what I saw".
Cheers.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Good evening and welcome to ATS.

Why did you film it in B&W?

How do you know it wasn't a kite?

Are you familiar with 'christophersupertramp'? He seems to be your PR person.

[edit on 6/10/2009 by butch_uk]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mrledzep

It's a damn shame you didn't capture the objects departure. Mainly because on here, there's a sizable rump of people who. If a UFO landed on their lawn took 'em on board, showed them our sun freon from the middle of Pleiades cluster, returned them home and gave them the ashtray. They would still swear blind it was dream caused by swamp gas infiltrating the A/C and that. The huge burn mark on the front lawn in a perfect circle was caused by the friction of mating armadillos in their traditional ritual. Plus, the three perfectly circular depression where the landing gear sat were caused by fungi....

In short, you could be Chuck Yeager and someone who once flew to Benidorm, feels they have the right to pick you up on your knowledge of aircraft and the laws of aerodynamics.

For my part, i understand the implication of working at Leuchar, so I am perfectly willing to accept, you didn't tape something as mundane as a kite or a balloon.. However, i just wish you had the part where it takes its' leave. I'm sure i am not alone in that wish.

Having said that, prepare yourself for having a new anal cavity excavated by the Swamp gas filled balloon attached to a kite brigade. Plus the very veracity of your existence is about to be bought into question.

So welcome to ATS and thank you for joining the bear pit and having the bottle to stick up for your footage in person.... sadly the phrase...

He could have been a real contender... comes to mind viewing the d footage. If you only had that object as it left. Although of course rather than the kite/balloon/migrating red throated divers brigade would then be swapped for the...doh... even blind person can c see it's CGI brigade...

Cheer up though, there ares still a few of us hicks/idiots and open minded people who do believe, from time to time, people actually do film weird stuff and that, at the time it happened they didn't have a Hollywood film crew on hand to capture it in widescreen with a time code stamp on each frame.

Of the options, if you are genuine in your testimony. I'm going for , as yet, genuine unknown. Space debris doesn't fall upwards, despite what certain astronomers seem to contend. Meteorites don't stand still, despite what the likes of James Randi might think....

If only you had it's departure...

[edit on 6-10-2009 by FireMoon]

[edit on 6-10-2009 by FireMoon]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Thank you for joining us and so quickly, greatly appreciate you coming here to answer questions. Welcome to ATS!

Why did you not film it ascending?
It would have gone a long way in trying to debunk the kite theory.
What speed would you estimate the object ascended at?
Was it metallic?
Did You hear any sounds from the object?
How far away was it from you while filming?

Thanks!

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
This is probably one of the most non "UFO" vids I have seen in a while . the reason he didnt film it departing is because it didnt . Its either a Kite or something plastic filled with Helium , I am a believer in UfOs and videos like this being discussed on ATS as if they are really are something strange drives me mad
Come on people there are more credible threads to comment on .

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Im not a PR person for anyone, i simply found the article, me an my brother run a site www.darkphenomena.co.cc and i had it up on there.i thought it was intresting thats all. thanks

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

it is "unidentified", unless it is a kite or something else we know of.

UFOs dont have to mean an alien ship

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
double post

[edit on 7-10-2009 by platipus]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Hello again. A few points to clear up. Firstly the film is not in black and white. It was shot on Hi8 tape at dusk. With daylight fading the sky looks grey but it was a clear night. The colour of the object looked mat black, again, in the fading daylight. Metallic? Well it certainly appeared to be a solid object and 3D.
As for the reason I didn't film it's departure, simple, I couldn't. Once the object turned on it's end and started it's ascent, my camera couldn't focus in on it. I kept trying but to no avail, so I concentrated on watching it by eye. Again all I can say is that it went STRAIGHT up. I would estimate at about 1000ft/sec. Believe me, I was kicking myself (and my cam) for not getting that on film.
Now, did it make any sound? At first I said no but now I'm not so sure. As i was filming I was aware of a background noise. At the time I thought it was coming from the hotel plant but it was hard to pin point the source. The sound was almost omni-directional. I've reviewed all my film footage taken from the balcony (mostly of a beautiful family of cats) at various times of day and night and at no other time was this noise present. The sound is clearly heard on the footage. I honestly can't remember if the noise stopped after the object had gone. At that point I went back into my room.
At no time during my observation did I think the object was a kite or balloon of sorts. And I still don't think it is.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Do you have any footage of the cats, preferably taken at a similar hour of the day you could post/ I did wonder about that background noise myself..

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I could certainly put some footage together of the cats. I filmed them both before and after I had filmed the object. As I say there is no background noise at all. The only time it's heard is during the clip of the object.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I dont see a kite.... still looks like a huge metallic penis to me......

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by stanlee

Take a seat my friend. You must've used up all your brain power thinking up that one!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join