Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

How to survive if in jail? Any advice?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
From October 15th, to November 13th, I will be in jail due to getting charged with 2 DUI's. Without getting into why I got my DUI's and such, I was wondering what would happen if something big were to occur while I were in jail. For the sake of argument let's just say that a nuclear attack were to happen and the US and Iran were at war or something, what would happen to me as I'd be in jail? There is a lot of info (dis-info?) about something happening towards the end of October, so if something were to happen, what do you all think would happen with me?

I'm just curious since I never have seen a question regarding this subject before, and since it could potentially effect me.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by highlyoriginal

Well, once I was arrested on a felony warrant (which was bogus and all charges were dropped after I spent 4 days in the county lock-up with real criminals.) All I can say, is you should just hope nothing happens because no one will be coming to save you where you'll be located. I'll be thinking of you and your fellow inmates JIC.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   

have you seen stephen kings, the stand. the prisoners are eating rats cause there is nobody to let them out of the cells, all the wardens died.

hope this helps

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
judging from what i've heard, either they will completely forget about you, or use you for labor.

i heard some reports that when katrina hit, they were considering not even worrying about the inmates. these were completely unconfirmed, and i don't want to scare you or anything, but if something happens, find a way out i would say. better then being a sitting duck.

only other advice is if that happens and you do, turn yourself in as soon as it is safe. save yourself a lot of trouble.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Ignorance Denied

Yeah. Stock up on crackers and peanut butter.

Leave the baloney alone. It won't keep well long term.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Release your fears, my friend. They will only cloud your judgement.

If something 'big' happens and you're locked up, you are so boned.

But seriously, fear kills.

kudos for you honesty, friend.

[edit on 6-10-2009 by KSPigpen]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I sent you a private message, and, yes, it is better than a metal-grinder hidden in a birthday cake.

And, oh yeah, jail is never as bad as this...

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 6-10-2009 by pluckynoonez]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
just remember the only thing keeping you in jail, is the Guards. Plain and simple. if shtf you most likely will have a lack of guards, if not no guards. And then its just up to whomever knows the best ways to manipulate matter thru knowledge.

Just hang low, dont join any gangs, dont talk to anyone, and watch yourself. BE WARY OF PEOPLE WHO WANT TO HELP YOU. They have other motives, Like gangs and other things. And if you talk to anyone, just act like you have No family, honestly thats the best advice I can give.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I was in jail on 9/11.

A captain came around to the pod to give a speech.

He said that people in on minor charges may be given the chance to fight in exchange for our freedom. He even went as far to have anyone that was interested send a note to the classification officer.

Of course this never panned out and I got out a couple of weeks later but it was very surreal nonetheless.

The one good thing is you will be in a virtual fortress so you should be pretty safe.

You only got a few weeks to go after the 25th if something does happen, just keep your chin up and your fingers crossed.

Good Luck to you....

Edit: Don't know if you have ever been to the can before but here are a few tips:

Do not take anything from anyone no matter how friendly or innocent they seem.

Keep your ears and eyes open and your mouth shut until you learn the ropes.

Sign up for a job in the kitchen, it will make your time go by quicker and you get to eat a lot better. If your real lucky you will get to eat the same food the officers eat (officers cafeteria).

[edit on 6-10-2009 by lucentenigma]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by lucentenigma

No I've never been to jail before, so thanks for the tips - that includes everyone. I was honestly thinking of changing my date of going in just because I don't want to take any chances of something happening while I'm doing my time, however I wasn't thinking clearly when I was asked when I wanted to go in (I was given a month from my trial date to choose from to start my sentence). I had just got done my trial and was just trying to get everything out of the way and chose 2 weeks from my trial date since it gave me a chance to get everything in order, however I forgot about the economy and all the bs being expected to happen sometime soon (end of October).

Like I said I don't think anything huge will actually happen on the 25th, but if it does, I just would like to be prepared and know what to expect. Thank you to those of you who have given me some good advice. I will just do my time and keep my mouth shut and hope for the best that nothing will actually happen. Only thing that will let us all know however is time, so wait and see...

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
If you've already been sentenced and check in on the 15th, do your footwork NOW regarding electronic monitoring/ GPS/ house arrest.

You can usually "pre-book" yourself in, instead of being booked in through the intake lockup.
When pre-booking yourself, apply immediately for some type of electronic monitoring, which keeps you out of jail.

Around here, many times you won't even see the inside of a jail, you just pre-book, and show up in an office to be fitted with your bracelet, then walk out.

If you haven't been sentenced yet, put together a letter to read to the judge at sentencing requesting some type of E.S.

If you can, get the judge to order E.S. not recommend it.
There's a big difference.

E.S. is no picnic, but it's much better than being locked up, because if something goes bad when you're locked up, you have very few choices.
If something goes bad, and you've got a bracelet on your leg, well, you have many more options.

Hope this helps.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Yeah I have one piece of advice.

WATCH YOUR SIX!

[edit on 6-10-2009 by bismarcksea]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by highlyoriginal
From October 15th, to November 13th, I will be in jail due to getting charged with 2 DUI's. Without getting into why I got my DUI's and such, I was wondering what would happen if something big were to occur while I were in jail. For the sake of argument let's just say that a nuclear attack were to happen and the US and Iran were at war or something, what would happen to me as I'd be in jail? There is a lot of info (dis-info?) about something happening towards the end of October, so if something were to happen, what do you all think would happen with me?

I'm just curious since I never have seen a question regarding this subject before, and since it could potentially effect me.

The jail will switch from a jail to a fortified point of SAFTEY that many would try to enter.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
The jail will switch from a jail to a fortified point of SAFTEY that many would try to enter.

Yes but the point of me asking this question is because I'd want to be able to make the decision myself of where I'd like to be if in fact something does occur. Would you really like to be locked away in jail (or anywhere for that matter) without the option of leaving if something horrible were to happen where you live? I doubt it.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by lucentenigma
I was in jail on 9/11.

A captain came around to the pod to give a speech.

He said that people in there on minor charges may be given the chance to fight in exchange for our freedom. He even went as far to have anyone that was interested send a note to the classification officer.

Of course this never panned out and I got out a couple of weeks later but it was very surreal nonetheless.

The one good thing is you will be in a virtual fortress so you should be pretty safe.

You only got a few weeks to go after the 25th if something does happen, just keep your chin up and your fingers crossed.

Good Luck to you....

Edit: Don't know if you have ever been to the can before but here are a few tips:

Do not take anything from anyone no matter how friendly or innocent they seem.

Keep your ears and eyes open and your mouth shut until you learn the ropes.

Sign up for a job in the kitchen, it will make your time go by quicker and you get to eat a lot better if your real lucky you will get to eat the same food the officers eat (officers cafeteria).

[edit on 6-10-2009 by lucentenigma]

Also, a few suggestions not for SHTF scenarios,
Don't stare at anyone.
Avoid casual eye contact.
When someone does talk to you, make sure to make eye contact.
As far as situations that might lead to confrontation, you gotta decide for yourself, back down or make a stand. You know yourself, so only you know what you can handle.
Be cool and don't be a punk.

Did you ever watch "Oz"? The convicted lawyer DUI killer, Tobias, chose the wrong way to react to his white supremicist cellmate.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
If your stuck in jail when SHTF, there will be one thing that will save your butt.

Teamwork.

It's amazing what people can accomplish when their backs are up against the wall.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by highlyoriginal

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Yes but the point of me asking this question is because I'd want to be able to make the decision myself of where I'd like to be if in fact something does occur. Would you really like to be locked away in jail (or anywhere for that matter) without the option of leaving if something horrible were to happen where you live? I doubt it.

Sorry* thought I understood your post and TRUST ME BEING BONDED IS NOT A COMFORTABLE THING BUT I DO WISH YOU LUCK WITH YOU DECISION.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Don't drink and drive? AKA don't go to jail? That seems to be the most effective tactic wouldn't you say?

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by endtimesrhere

Especially criminals.

Criminals are some of the most resourceful people in the world.

Too much resourceful-ness probably got them there.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join