It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*A common parasite makes women behave like sex kittens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

A common parasite can increase a woman's attractiveness to the opposite sex but also make men more stupid, an Australian researcher says. Human infection generally occurs when people eat raw or undercooked meat that has cysts containing the parasite, or accidentally ingest some of the parasite's eggs excreted by an infected cat.

"Infected men have lower IQs, achieve a lower level of education and have shorter attention spans. They are also more likely to break rules and take risks, be more independent, more anti-social, suspicious, jealous and morose, and are deemed less attractive to women. "On the other hand, infected women tend to be more outgoing, friendly, more promiscuous, and are considered more attractive to men compared with non-infected controls. "In short, it can make men behave like alley cats and women behave like sex kittens".

I had to double check to make sure this wasn't a joke. Think about this guys. Find a woman who's a great cook but not such a looker, get her a cat.

And gals for you, all we have to do to make men stupid is... Um, never mind.

Link
Edit to add text

[edit on 6-10-2009 by Sundancer]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Infected men...are deemed less attractive to women

That is a rather novel finding about Toxoplasmosis that I had never heard of before.

Finally, there is a reason why the female persuasion does not find me particularly attractive!

Darn parasites!

[edit on 6-10-2009 by fraterormus]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
gives new meaning to the old saying "you are what you eat". so what?...angelina jolie must be filled with these parasites. and pam anderson must eat a bowl of them for lunch everyday.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
hm...must be the next spanish fly

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
to the previous posters, read the op. its not the women who become more physically attractive, its the men who perceive the attraction due to the parasite the MEN have come in contact with.... just what i want to know is how do parasitic cat poop eggs make it into food? i know, Betty Crocker must have been HIDEOUS!

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by clever024
to the previous posters, read the op. its not the women who become more physically attractive, its the men who perceive the attraction due to the parasite the MEN have come in contact with.... just what i want to know is how do parasitic cat poop eggs make it into food? i know, Betty Crocker must have been HIDEOUS!

He must be infected!

"Infected men have lower IQs, achieve a lower level of education and have shorter attention spans.

Sorry Jimmy.

[edit on 6-10-2009 by liveandletlive]

[edit on 6-10-2009 by liveandletlive]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I can see a lot of ladies getting kittens for Christmas if this story gets much attention.

For one allergic to cat dander there's always Kopi Luwak better known as high dollar coffee beans made from cat poop. 75 dollars for a quarter pound of it.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Sundancer

I KNEW I never should have gone off steak tartare...

Thanks. This is very interesting.
(Incredible but definitely interesting.)

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I am glad there is a reason i do not like cats, snide animals.

Not sure how true this is, but someone will believe it.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   

I am working on finding a female cat in a family way for my wifes Christmas pressie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our aniversary is soon how about a pair of female cats in a family way.

BTW OP SnFs for you as you just solved my shopping problems.... Many thanks

[edit on 10/6/2009 by IceHappy]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
i swear it was a different title this morning...

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Okay, I'm reading the OP, and a little concerned about getting this apparent stupid bug, but it almost sounds like a wonder product if only all the side affects could be knocked off..............I hate bugs

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

haha you want it?

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   

OK, you want your women parasitic rather than paralytic?

Both options sound sick.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   

I think I have this. I ate a hot dog a year and a half ago, and it was a little undercooked. I didn't think much of it, because I was oblivious to the existence of parasites in meat at the time.

But ever since that day, I've been feeling stupider and less intelligent. It's been difficult for me to stay focused on one subject for more than 30 minutes and I've been more prone to anger and violent outbursts.

Also, I've noticed that I don't attract the attention of women as much as I used to. In fact I've been getting the feeling that everyone out there views me as a parasite.

How do I get rid of them??

top topics

join